RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Best Picture Nominee Argo and Sinister

Summary

One of last year's most talked about and (thus far) most honored films hits store shelves this week. Though it's tough to know what Argo's chances of winning the Best Picture Oscar are, at least it'll benefit from likely big rental numbers. Otherwise, we've also got Joe Wright's latest period piece with Keira Knightley, a Nickelodeon teen comedy, a fairly well-reviewed horror flick, and a ton of reissues. Click through for the full list! Back to Article

Comments

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I saw "Argo" on the shelves at Best Buy on Friday, and was wondering why I couldn't remember when it came out. I'll probably watch it again, but it wasn't a film that will stand the test of time. I'll definitely check out "Sinister".

I've always preferred the silent "Thief of Baghdad" to the Sabu version. The art direction is very impressive for its era. And kids who grew up on "Monsters Inc", give "Monster Squad" a chance. It's a lot of fun.

Feb 18 - 06:15 PM

Janson Jinnistan

.....I thought I heard something....

Feb 18 - 06:55 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Keep in mind if you're letting your kids watch Monster Squad while it is fantastic it has a ton of colorful 80's language in it. I watched the anniversary edition and was surprised by how many things you couldn't get away with in a kids movie were in it. We've actually regressed a bit on that.

Feb 18 - 08:47 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Wolfman nards!! Funny fact, I learned about what virginity meant from this movie. When the older sister couldn't be the virgin "sacrifice" or whatever I insisted on knowing what that meant and why. Ah the '80s....

Feb 18 - 08:54 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Well, "Monsters Inc" is 10 years old, so I hope the kids who grew up on it are teenagers by now (at least). Now you want a kids movie from our day that would traumatize kids today, try "Shrunken Heads". Directed by Danny Elfman's brother.

Feb 18 - 11:16 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

true dat...I immediately regret using that phrase.

Feb 18 - 11:48 PM

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

But all the teenagers are going to go see Monsters University this summer.

Feb 20 - 07:25 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Nice call on the Fairbanks version of THIEF OF BAGHDAD. You should like SINISTER: horror has never been my favorite genre, however this one actually frightened me to a certain extant. The irony is that the screenwriter said he got the inspiration after a nightmare following THE RING...which I laughed my ass off to!

Feb 18 - 09:36 PM

Janson Jinnistan

I don't know if you would laugh through "Ringu" (the original) in 1998 or not, but unfortunately the iconic "well girl" has been imitated to the point of absurdity today.

Feb 18 - 11:18 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

I've seen RINGU and thought it was okay, never really laughed at it, as it was way better.

Feb 18 - 11:31 PM

Janson Jinnistan

.....I thought I heard something....

Feb 18 - 06:55 PM

Teddy K.

Ryan Gavetti

Five discs for Monsters, Inc.? Ok, sure.

Argo is a movie, I believe, that is destined for multiple replays on TMC and the like, so I'll give it a pass even though it was one of the year's best. On the Waterfront is my second favorite Brando film, the first being Apocalypse Now, and its release on Blu-ray is a real treat.

Feb 18 - 07:29 PM

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

Disney's trying to waste our god darn money. Heck, I even got a Monsters, Inc blu ray combo pack a year ago and now its been outdated by one with 3D.

Feb 20 - 07:21 PM

Mike Smith

Mike Smith

I don't think AZrgo will grab it. I perferred Lincoln instead!!!

Feb 18 - 07:42 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Me too, but I think Argo might get it as a partial mea culpa from the Academy on how wrong they were excluding Affleck from the director category.

Feb 18 - 08:49 PM

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

Agreed, Lincoln was a much more interesting movie but they were both good so I don't care which one wins on Sunday. :)

Feb 20 - 07:22 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Argo was crap. Lincoln is the film that deserves to win at the Oscars.

Feb 21 - 07:49 AM

Gene Bodyl

Gene Bodyl

Argo is my must buy of the week! I'm hearing nothing but incredible things about it. Ben Affleck has grown incredibly well as a filmmaker. I'm not a big horror fan so I doubt I'll be seeing Sinister anytime soon. Anna Karenina may be worth a rent and Fun Size most definitely will not be. I hope Argo wins at the Oscars next week!!

Feb 18 - 08:03 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Feb 18 - 08:47 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Feb 18 - 08:54 PM

Feb 18 - 11:16 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

true dat...I immediately regret using that phrase.

Feb 18 - 11:48 PM

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

But all the teenagers are going to go see Monsters University this summer.

Feb 20 - 07:25 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Feb 18 - 08:49 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Feb 18 - 08:54 PM

Kadeem S.

Kadeem Stewart

I missed Argo in theaters, I'm picking this movie to win at the Oscars Sunday.

I certainly have to rent Top Gun instead of 3-D. R.I.P Tony Scott!

I don't wanna buy Monsters Inc. this week, but I'm planning it soon for my birthday.

I don't know who's Victoria Justice, but she's a Miranda Cosgrove clone. Fun Size is not funny and not recommended for me.

Feb 18 - 09:12 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Feb 18 - 09:36 PM

Feb 18 - 11:18 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Feb 18 - 11:31 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup