The Aristocrats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Aristocrats Reviews

½ June 16, 2007
A documentary about a joke only gets so good. It is nice to see some big names in comedy comment on the joke.
½ August 11, 2015
Proves that a one joke comedy can be both funny and interesting.
May 25, 2015
Surprisingly funny and entertaining documentary about the art of the comedian built around one joke.
½ May 1, 2015
This is the most horrible movie. It focuses on one disgusting, gross awful joke which is not even funny. Avoid this movie like the plague.
February 13, 2012
You need to look past the crass blue humor of the joke itself and focus on context and delivery...there are some really funny bits here. Sarah Silverman is amazing, Bob Saget wasn't as funny as I was hoping, and Gilbert Gottfried is timeless...I can watch the Gottfried segment on YouTube over and over and it never gets old.
½ June 18, 2014
An interesting documentary about a constantly disgusting and demented joke, The Aristocrats will quickly run out of steam for those who don't like comedy or those who absolutely hate hearing dirty jokes. But the film is a still a fascinating exploration of how strange and off-putting the mind of a comic can become when no limits are placed on his imagination.
February 5, 2014
Not a huge fan of the way this documentary is set out format wise but other than that it's a joy to watch. Heaps of celebrities telling one unbelievably dirty joke. Definitely a must see for anyone interested in the comedy industry.
February 1, 2014
Wonderful documentary about humor, shock and shared experiences. It never fails to bring a smile to my face.
January 7, 2014
Its made well, but very crass and vulgar
November 20, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
May 18, 2006
You go through so many variations on that classic dirty joke, you'll be able to invent your own once you're done watching this.
December 11, 2006
An interesting concept.
July 3, 2013
A fresh breath of FUNNY in an overtly unfunny market - every generation of comedy is represented here, from the late Phyllis Diller all the way to Trey and Matt (who absolutely nail Cartman's version of the joke). 5/5 Recommended bc A hobo walks into a talent agency (wearing an outfit made of used condoms, but that's not important), inadvertently slips on an errantly thrown banana peel, tries to save himself midfall but twists his ankle ultimately causing him to fall over a tablestand and land headfirst into a tiny can of garbage. When the talent agent finally wrests the hobo's head from the garbage can and asks "Sir, are you quite alright?", the hobo feebly replies "The Aristocrats!" Disgusted, the talent agent punches the hobo straight in the face, throws the hobo out the window into a giant garbage bin (conveniently placed right under his window) that contains a veritable s*%$ton of other hobos who are in varying states of decay *some are covered in feces, some in semen, and one unfortunate hobo was trying to chew his way out from under what could only be the remains of his pet Loch Ness monster*. As the hobo weakly tries to wrest himself from the muck of the garbage/burial ground, the talent agent screams at him from four floors above: "FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, I DON'T F*&%ING UNDERSTAND THAT F&^$ING JOKE!!!!!" The End.
½ December 19, 2007
Off-side...Waaaaay off -side. But hilarious if you like filthy, filthy humour, you'll like this one.
½ June 24, 2007
I don't know if we needed a whole documentary about this joke.
January 31, 2008
the best parts of this movie are:1. south park2. bob saget3. sarah silverman4. the mime
½ March 10, 2013
Bob Saget is sooo funny
½ March 7, 2013
An uproariously foul joke but hilarious at the same time. I personally find it hilarious but if you don't have a dark sense of humor I wouldn't recommend it.
February 18, 2013
This is a dirty, dirty, DIRTY movie, ready to put a shit-eating grin on your face... literally.