50% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Army of the dead Reviews

September 19, 2012
Although you can tell there was genuine effort put into making "Army of the Dead" the results are unfortunately incredibly mediocre. The acting ranges from passable to pretty bad, the special effects range from passable (such as the skeleton army, which is often show and cut in ways that look good despite the low budget) to laughably bad (some effects such as blood spurts and explosions are computer generated instead of being practical and those are some of the easiest effects to do in live action films). From a low budget production you can forgive the bad effects but the real problem with the film is that it isn't paced or written very well. At times you'll be wondering where the film is going and questioning whether what happened makes any sense or not. The only reason to watch this film would be if you yourself were thinking of doing a low budget movie and you wanted to see how it shouldn't and shouldn't be done because both aspects are seen in this movie. For everyone else, this isn't even "so bad it's good" territory. (Dvd, September 18, 2012)
January 13, 2012
This movie was sort of action/thiller. I don't think it was such a good movie. the skeltions looked way to fake. storyline was fair good though.
November 20, 2011
Terrible CGI effects, a script that probably reads like bad fan fiction and utterly unlikable characters, combine into a terrible tour-de-farce of horrible movie making. In fairness to it, I did manage to somehow actually sit through the entire movie (A miracle in itself). It's definitely worth a laugh, but don't pay any money to see this if possible.
shitfaced8
shitfaced8

November 16, 2011
Don't even bother. Shitty CGI.Shitty Acting. Shitty Editing. The concept was good enough I guess, but the execution is just too fucking horrible to come up with anything good to say about it. Avoid.
Luv L.
February 4, 2010
It is a good fun movie, that even children would like! Good plot, acting also descent, and the effects are pretty good.
*Sponsored post
spaulsson
spaulsson

January 20, 2009
I have absolutely nothing good to say about this one. Just avoid it.
Todd S
January 19, 2009
[u][font=Times New Roman][size=4]Army of the Dead[/size][/font][/u]

[font=Times New Roman][size=4]2008 US Director: Conte Giacomo[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=4]Score: 5[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=4] With some minor editing for language, this one could easily be played on TV with few other changes needed. Yeah, that wasn?t a complement. The story line isn?t horrible but it is so unlikely (even for a supernatural horror film) that it really pushes the disbelief suspension. The characters are a cliché of stereotypical personalities that have been paraded through horror movies for decades. The actors that were tasked to bring these walking stereotypes to life do so with lots of gusto, but a minimum of actual skill. The SFX would work great for a 90s episode of [i]Xena: Warrior Princess[/i] but for a movie release (even an independent, direct to DVD release) they are disappointing. The music score doesn?t do much, and it certainly doesn?t add to any of the action on the screen. I really can?t recommend using up any time or especially money on viewing this one.[/size][/font]
NotYourAverageBen
November 13, 2008
You'd think a movie that promised an army of murderous skeletons couldn't be bad, right? You'd be horribly wrong. The acting was woeful and would have looked bad in your average soapie, the so-called special effects were average at best and how is it that a handful of skeletons can strike suddenly before their quarry have much chance to react, yet an entire army of them advance so slowly that their intended victims seemingly have all the time in the world to mount some sort of defence and then escape? Terrible.
September 30, 2008
Talk about stupid....
August 17, 2008
I can admire what they were trying to do with such a low budget. I actually had some fun watching this. (nn)
TheBogMan1031
May 31, 2008
Pity, this movie could have been awesome with a higher fx budget. Instead what we have is a competent if uninteresting story inter cut with really, really bad cgi skeletons. It never gels, in fact it's quite jarring to see human actors, cartoons, human actors, cartoons.
InVeRtDrEaMz
June 5, 2008
I see some bad reviews for this movie... gonna keep an open mind with this... after watching it... I do realize that the Dead Army didn't look like it belonged... the back story was poorly thought out and the blood was soo fake it looked like something you put on french fries
777overload
May 15, 2008
April 26, 2008
Really odd plot. Took a long time to get going.
armybratgeo
April 24, 2008
Man this just really pisses me off...as i said before I like B rated cheap movies...but lately they not even B rated they should be D or E rated that's how bad they are. Good thing I didn't pay for this, but it's still wasted time. What happen to making "good" B movies? Anyone?
iLeo
iLeo

April 21, 2008
A little on the cheesy side, but somewhat interesting! Anasazis, though. Hmmmm!?
jazza923
February 27, 2008
It has a better quality than most films of this nature and budget, but the story is still stupid. It's hardly convincing and is only moderately suspenseful. The special effects are decent though.