Arn - Riket vid vägens slut (Arn: The Kingdom at Road's End) Reviews

CloudStrife84
½ November 30, 2008
Just like the case with the first film, this one really impressed me with its beautiful cinematography and music score. Sadly though, while having the same strengths as The Knight Templar, it also suffers from the same flaws, as in being somewhat clichéd and bordering on the pretentious. A shame to say the least, as it's otherwise a very skillfully directed and engaging story.

I still liked the movie as a whole, however, and it's certainly one of the best Swedish productions I've seen in a while. That doesn't really say much though, as I only see like one or two per year. At any rate, if you've read the books by Jan Guillou, or like historical films in general, then this is definitely a must-see. Not only for its visual qualities, but because it captures a time that is rarily depicted in cinema.
April 13, 2009
Although seeing medieval Scandinavia is pretty fun, the movie quickly evolves into an ersatz of Kingdom of Heaven.
Robbanflix
November 21, 2008
A bit better than the first Arn movie mainly because it has more action scenes which is a must in these type of movies. I haven't read the books so i can't really compare but probably the books have more content. Anyway the story of Arn was fun to watch and interesting to follow. Overall well made movies only not quite in level with big hit flicks.
½ March 18, 2014
Worst movie I've ever seen. It couldn't shit on the book more even if it tried. It's a masterpiece in shitting and shaming books. It represents everything that is wrong with book based movies.
December 3, 2012
Awesome production, great plot, screenplay and the score was awesome.
½ July 23, 2010
The sequel to Tempelriddaran Arn. Not quite as good as the first one, but definitely worth seing.