Critics Consensus: Arthur Is On The Rocks

Summary

This week at the movies, we've got an eccentric imbiber (Arthur, starring Russell Brand and Greta Gerwig); medieval mischief ( Your Highness, starring James Franco and Natalie Portman); a teenage assassin (Hanna, starring Saoirse Ronan and Eric Bana); and a surfing survivor (Soul Surfer, starring AnnaSophia Robb and Dennis Quaid). What do the critics have to say? I know it's crazy, but it's true: if you get caught between the moon and New York City, critics say you can probably do better than this remake of Arthur, which lacks the charm and wit of the 1981 original. Stepping into the shoes of the late Dudley Moore, Russell Brand stars as the whimsical, heavy-drinking hedonist whose irresponsible pursuit of pleasure threatens the good name of his staid family's foundation. Back to Article

Comments

Dave J

Dave J

It's Hanna for me!

Apr 8 - 12:26 PM

Movie Monster

Bentley Lyles

I'll just wait for RIO and THOR.

Apr 8 - 01:51 PM

Cody Fairless-Lee

Cody Fairless-Lee

NAH! Nothing's good til next week....RIO!!!!

Apr 8 - 02:24 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

Dear Russell Brand,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Now go home and be a guest on some BBC quiz-coms.

Apr 8 - 02:36 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Those quiz coms were awesome.

Apr 8 - 04:25 PM

Premo Beat

John Noto

Almost 30 mil for a poorly reviewed R-rated comedy? Not likely.. Hop takes #1 again.

Apr 8 - 02:53 PM

The Dude

Gene Arnold

Hell yeah man, Bulls are going to do great during the playoffs. Derrick Rose is the guaranteed MVP, Joakim Noah will get the co-defensive player of the year. Mark my words, Noah will become another Dennis Rodman, only scoring more points. Tom Thibodeau is the man. He turned this mediocre team to the best team in the whole friggin' league. He deserves the Coach of the year award, because he is the coach of the year. And after winning the rest of the games they have left, Thibodeau will have the record for the most wins for the youngest coach ever!

After a long thought about it, I'm happy for the Packers but next year, it'll be the Bears year!

Apr 8 - 03:50 PM

That Random Albino Kid

Dominic Dold

I really want to see Hanna, everything else looked pretty sucky. Either that or I'll go see Source Code which I've been dying to see too. Oh, by the way anyone on here ever heard of Cage the Elephant? They're a really good new grunge band, a genre that is slowly dying. Or at least that's my opinion. Check 'em out on YouTube.

By the way... I'm debating on seeing Scream 4. It'd be nice to see Scream return to it's glory days, but Scream 3 sucked so I'm nervous especially since Wes has been making some stinkers over the past couple years.

Apr 8 - 03:55 PM

HERESSSSSSJOHNNY

HERESSSSSS JOHNNY

Cage the Elephant is one of my favorite bands.

Apr 8 - 06:32 PM

The Dude

Gene Arnold

@Odd E Screw the Lakers, I hate them with a passion. They always are winning and Kobe thinks he's the greatest player ever. He is good, I'll give him that. But in the years of great players coming and going (Michael Jordan being the best) Kobe is not one of them. LeBorn James, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard, and Derrick Rose are not only good players, but better role models. Kobe is a douchebag, who not only raped a chick, but bought himself out of it.

Apr 8 - 03:58 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Those quiz coms were awesome.

Apr 8 - 04:25 PM

will s.

will stamp

where do you live that you get 3 dollar matinees?

Apr 8 - 04:52 PM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

I live in L.A. :) Believe it or not, there are a handful of theatres out here that don't charge astronomical prices. They're also the only ones that aren't capable of showing 3-D this day in age, which can be a good thing actually.

Apr 9 - 12:52 AM

Irukandji

Chris Skoufis

Nothing this week.Wait for Scream 4.

Apr 8 - 04:55 PM

dudemeister

dude meister

We get it. You like JJ Abrams

Apr 8 - 05:38 PM

HERESSSSSSJOHNNY

HERESSSSSS JOHNNY

Cage the Elephant is one of my favorite bands.

Apr 8 - 06:32 PM

Box Office
Box Office

Planet Of The Apes Is No. 1

<em>Unbroken</em>
Unbroken

Trailer for Angelina Jolie's latest

<em>The Hunger Games</em>
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

<em>Jimi</em> Trailer
Jimi Trailer

Clips: Andre 3000 plays Hendrix!