—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

The Asphyx Reviews

Dr Blood

August 19, 2007
It's not very scary but "The Asphyx" is very entertaining in an E.C. comic books kind of way. It reminded me a lot of one of the better stories from the Amicus anthologies but is, of course, considerably longer. In many ways it is a bit too long and some of the dialogue is slightly annoying but everything is well filmed.
The big similarity between the ending of this and "The Green Mile" is probably not accidental as I'm sure Stephen King has seen this too.
Lafe F

July 30, 2007
Cool movie where a group of scientists in Victorian England invent a machine which can capture the living spirits which escapes from people when they die. Fascinating concept, which looks interesting on film. The "Asphyx" creatures don't like being bottled up, and eventually create havoc. It's a great little movie done in a Hammer Horror style.
Anthony V

July 9, 2008
Unrated British horror film.
July 20, 2014
I am pretty sure that this had to be one of the influences to Ghostbusters.
October 31, 2013
I went to see this movie while in japan at yakota afb. Great idea. Scientist notes the shadow over pictures of patients close to death. Called them the asphyx. Traps them and you are immortal. The ending is a lesson in iife.
April 12, 2013
One of the most tragic horror films I have ever seen. It is disturbing but at the same time fascinating. A scientist discovers that at the time of death a strange creature, the Asphyx, arrives to deliver the final blow and if this creature can be captured then the subject will become immortal. The sad consequences of his research destroy all he loves and the ending is one of the most ironic endings I have ever seen. If you don't want to be haunted by this very unique movie the way I am, then don't watch it.
FilmGrinder S.
March 10, 2013
"The smudge!"-Sir Hugo Cunningham (Robert Stephens)

Possibly, influenced those responsible for GHOSTBUSTERS.
May 8, 2012
A fun movie concept that suffers from a lack of technology to pull it off convincingly. The effects of the Asphyx itself is interesting for a simple camera trick and at times is surprisingly effective. The plot is just a bit too thin to support the running length and the ending rather unsatisfyingly functional. Fun as a curio 70's mad scientist flick.