RT on DVD: The Brave One, Assassination of Jesse James Fire Onto DVD

Summary

It's a week of bravura performances among new releases, so pick your favorite headliner and go: Jodie Foster going vigilante (The Brave One), Casey Affleck turning traitor (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford), or Cate Blanchett reigning supreme (Elizabeth: The Golden Age). Back to Article

Comments

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

I'll rent Across the universe and maybe the brave one, but i'll definately get JESSE JAMES- its really good.

Feb 4 - 06:09 PM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

I'd watch Jesse James again, but I might have to mute those stupid voiceovers and skip around to the good parts.

Feb 4 - 06:13 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Yes there are some draggy moments, but theres just so many beautiful shot moments and you gotta love Brad Pitt as Jesse James. I finnaly felt likw for once I see what Jesse really was a cold and dark man who killed many.

Feb 4 - 07:18 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Yes there are some draggy moments, but theres just so many beautiful shot moments and you gotta love Brad Pitt as Jesse James. I finnaly feel like for once I see what Jesse James for what he was, really a cold and dark man who killed many. - so for the bad grammar.

Feb 4 - 07:20 PM

vaodsi

john irvine

I really like across the universe (even if it was shaky in the middle) and i was actually surprised at the low tomatoemeter, especially when moulin rouge has got a seventy-sumthin! I mean, i like moulin rouge, but ATU was better (a LOT!)
but if you don't like musicals or the beatles... STAY AWAY (especialy if you are one of those stupid critics that hated this movie and actually spelled "BEATLES" as "BEETLES!" CURSE YOU!)

Feb 4 - 06:49 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Feb 4 - 07:18 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Feb 4 - 07:20 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Please watch The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. It's one of the year's most overlooked movies.

And the voice over helps give the same feeling as the book. It feels tacked on early on, but you start to appreciate it. It's a really beautiful film.

Feb 4 - 07:55 PM

The Great One

A Z

i get rentals a week early cause i work at a video store...but damn Hollywood Video didnt get Assassination of Jesse James...must be a damn Blockbuster exclusive! Well I watched Across the Universe and though it was alright...the Beatles are my fav band ever but the movie at points was a little do trippy for even my liking

Feb 4 - 08:29 PM

Gymkata Ninja

Adam Ball

Jesse James is my #1 movie of 2007 "stupid" voice over and all.

Feb 4 - 09:22 PM

MovieSamurai

j _

Annette Benning wasn't nominated for an Oscar for Running with Scissors. It was a Golden Globe.

Feb 4 - 11:01 PM

Weicher

Alvaro San Martin

Jesse James is a masterpiece, in the line of "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" and "Heaven's Gate".

Feb 5 - 01:29 AM

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

I thought the voice over in Jesse James was perfect. It was done like an old-school documentary, much like they did with Seabiscuit.

Feb 5 - 05:12 AM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

Touche, my bad. Corrected. Guess it's not as bad as the Oscar-nominated Norbit.

Feb 5 - 10:15 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

Jesse James is still the best film I have seen from last year, and I only have a few left to go. And I thought the voice over was done to perfection. One of the best westerns ever made, possibly my 2nd favorite.

Feb 5 - 11:21 AM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies