Atlantis Down Reviews

September 2, 2010
A must see (of course, I'm biased ;)
Sci Fi Thriller with Michael Rooker, Dean Haglund, Greg Travis.
July 22, 2011
It's a great Indie film that will keep you on the edge of your seat for 80 minutes.
July 30, 2012
Atlantis Down is definitely not a typical sci-fi thriller. The chemistry of the cast and their diverse level of experience keep things fresh. The cinematography and the visual effects are very nice, the direction is clever and clean.

The plot is super complex but keeps you nailed to your seat. Great movie!
July 4, 2012
Clever, fresh and really well put together!
July 1, 2012
I liked it a lot. It made me think, and I had no idea what was going to happen next. That's a lot of fun for me. I think that if you are the kind of person who likes a movie that is smart and requires you to use your brain that you will really dig this movie.

The story was intriguing and moved at a good pace. The actors did a fine job and I liked the fact that there were some fresh faces in the movie, although I certainly enjoyed the performances from Dean Haglund and Michael Rooker. It was put together well and was a visual feast. The director kind of reminds me of Christopher Nolan when he was getting started. If you like Christopher Nolan movies, you'll like Atlantis Down.
June 26, 2012
I was lucky to be the A.D. of this movie that was a great experience. We shot a 90 minutes film in 13 days, finishing our shceduled principal photography one day earlier. The set was very organized and everthing went very smoothly. I dont understand why certain people want to spread venom on this film saying things about it and about how it was done if they were not on set! You might like it or not, that's personal and legit, but please just don't badmouth people or product only because you have an axe to grind.
June 26, 2012
Very interesting movie indeed.
June 22, 2012
If you think this film is a sort of big sci-fi movie such as "Prometeus" or "Star Wars" you'll be disappointed. Atlantis Down is not a studio movie but a small very well produced indie sci-fi thriller, which is worth watching because of its intriguing story, nice visual effects, smart writing and direction and nice photography.

I didn't even know it existed until I read an article of Max Bartoli, the director, on Indieslate (issue #63).

I strongly recommend it.
June 18, 2012
A little smart movie, definitely not for everyone!

Atlantis Down nails you to your seat and keeps you thinking for a while after it has ended. Open to multiple interpretations it's a very well done thriller, kind of distant from the typical scifi flick.

CGI shots look good and credible, acting is good and believable. Direction and photography very good.
June 2, 2012
Atlantis Down is a thoughtful and energetic sci-fi suspense thriller reminiscent of Twilight Zone meets Lost that delivers topflight production value worthy of a much bigger studio. Atlantis Down moves along smartly, tying the viewer to a shuttle crew trying to explain the inexplicable. A talented ensemble turns in a collectively compelling performance highlighted by the 11th hour appearance of the savvy veteran Michael Rooker. Rooker's intense performance brings the story to an unsettling surprise ending. As good as the story, cast, and special effects are; the artful camera work is the real star here. The startlingly convincing special effects and diverse locations portray a desperate and claustrophobic experience both in the shuttle and in the'experiment'. The audience feels the desolation, desperation, and dismay as the crew grapples with a seemingly unsolvable and deadly enigma. This is an independent film with a big studio feel that is loaded with surprises that is fully worth experiencing. Saw it twice: the first time in Portsmouth and the second one in Cannes this year and I enjoyed it even more.
May 31, 2012
Had lots of fun watching it. It kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole time. Really well put together Indie project. Michael Rooker rocks in it!
½ June 1, 2012
Totally unexpected! Scary, different, but still entertaining.
June 1, 2012
Michael Rooker did a terrific job in it. I love this guy. Great photography, nice special effects and entertaining flick. It's not th typical scifi you'll find on scifi channel.
June 1, 2012
Nice concept, executed quite well. It's a smart film that keeps you engaged from beginning to end.
May 30, 2012
This film is story set in the next future when the Shuttle program has been privatized and the ships have become private cabs.

The movie was cleverly and beautifully shot. The acting of some consumed actors like Greg Travis and Michael Rooker was very solid, others' (Darla Grese and Tony Ware) weaker, but once considered as a whole, the performances of the less experienced actors did not bothered me that much.

After a slow start, the Director did an amazing job of ramping up the suspense and still be able to keep seasoned cinema goers like me constantly wondering what will happen next.

This was an entertaining sci-fi thriller and I did enjoy the pace and the direction the movie was given. The setting felt authentic enough as the story unfolded smoothly with no big narrative holes.

I usually see a movie twice a week in the movie theaters and everyday on Netflix, and this one worked for me.

Hannah
½ September 26, 2011
This movie was beyond horrible. I went to the "World Premiere" in Portsmouth, VA. The props used in the movie were ridiculous, I'm 98% sure that one of the gear shifters on their "spaceship" was a Home Depot plunger. Half of the movie was spent by cast members shouting on the beach looking for their crew members. At the end of the movie, most of the guests got up and walked out before the credits could end, and before the cast could give their thanks. I give this movie a 0.5 out of 10.
jim
December 18, 2010
This is the worst movie I've ever seen. It is absolutely terrible. The acting and directing were putrid to sit through. The effects were cheap and ridiculous. Spare yourself the time - this is terrible. F- (That's a new grade for the bottom of the barrel).
October 10, 2010