Atlas Shrugged: Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Atlas Shrugged: Part II Reviews

½ September 25, 2015
If i wanne see suits talking about money and politics i will watch Villa Politca ...Ight !
October 20, 2012
Diehard Randians may complain that this film doesn't slavishly parrot every word of the seminal book which inspired it, while committed statists -- including most of "the press" -- will complain that it does. For the rest of us, "Atlas Shrugged Part II" is an exciting story of a near future in which the "producers" of the world - the engineers, gited artists, competent executives and others who drive the economy -- withdraw from a society which punishes success.
October 17, 2012
Great movie everyone should see it go rent the first part then see what this country is moving toward. Better yet read the book then see the movie
January 23, 2013
So since I just read the book, I figured I would add a new review to the movie that I watched again. Previously I gave 5 stars before I read the book, so I guess I should keep it at that. But I will note that so much of the story isn't' told in the film. Particularly the relationship between James Taggert and Sheryl is lost. I do recommend the film, and I even more so recommend the book, but watch the film first so that you enjoy it.
March 15, 2015
I really liked the book. This movie, however, didn't do it for me. It didn't hit a lot of the major themes and most of the great monologs were missing from this. I think this movie missed the point of the book. Good try, but lacking execution.

Also, each of the movies in the series had a completely different cast.
½ September 2, 2014
It's acting is terrible. It's script is as badly written as, well, the original book. And its CGI is comparable to Sharknado's. Since this film had a decent budget, one can only conclude that Randians must suck at filmaking.
October 13, 2012
This not a high budget production but considering that, this is a good movie. Great storyline.
July 23, 2012
Atlas Shrugged II: The Strike is a compelling and provocative film that brings Ayn Rand's classic novel to life. The saga continues with Dagny Taggart and Henry Rearden struggling to hold off a total economic collapse while an oppressive government tightens their control and leading industrialists mysteriously disappear. All of the major roles have been recast, which is rather off putting and doesn't result in any noticeable improvements in the characters. However, the directing is a little better and delivers a clearer vision than the first film had. Additionally, the special effects are fairly well-done for an independent film, and are used quite effectively to add energy and excitement to the scenes. While Atlas Shrugged II: The Strike doesn't live up to the quality of the source material, it still delivers a solid dramatic thriller.
July 14, 2014
The human scrotum is a very delicate body part. Professional torturers are taught to inflict pain on the scrotum either through electrical shocks or hot needles, as it causes a great amount of pain but will not kill the victim. Even with that knowledge in mind, scrotal torture is more appealing to me, than ever watching this film again
July 7, 2014
Hold on a second critics! Just because you don't agree with Ayn Rand's philosophy doesn't mean you need to give it unrealistically low rating. I see so much political bias right here. I do admit that Part II was disappointing, but it does not deserve such a low rating, even the consensus was biased in its tone. Let's talk about the good points, the set design was better, I really liked atmosphere (basically like Chicago or Detroit). james Taggart was better cast compared to Part I, Cheryl Brooks was a good cast too. The editing was great, although some changes were made in terms of the structure of the plot. Now the bad: The script was superficial, only touched on the surface of the dialogues, much of the dialogues from the book were cut short. Acting by some of the less important characters were terrible. Some of the recasting were horrible, e.g. Francisco d'Anconia and Lilian Rearden. There were a lot of irrelevant scenes that could be replaced by more dialogues (the money speech really was destroyed). Despite having these downfalls, I wouldn't say it was badly filmed and consider the low budget, they made this imperfect film perfect.
July 3, 2014
Watched it on netflix, even if you like Ayn Rand stay away.
October 14, 2012
Great book...good movie interpretation. The Hollywood crowd will hate it because it shows them that their philosophy of life is wrong.
½ April 28, 2014
I have no idea what the critics were watching. The audience meter is obviously much more appropriate. Hopefully part 3 wont be a letdown.
April 25, 2014
Slightly better but still awful.
February 23, 2014
I don't hate Ayn Rand, I feel sorry for her. She worshiped meritocracy so ardently, but was there ever such a pi$$-poor writer? And dramatic films based on hysterical polemics are rarely watchable. Maybe it would work better as a comedy?why don't we let Buck Henry take a crack at Atlas Shrugged?
February 17, 2014
This film is Ayn Rand's ode to the joy of alternative energy. I thought the acting in this film was not as good as the original, but the plot was filled with more substance. I am not a fan of Rand, & the plot is highly unrealistic in many scenes; but still very entertaining. The film once again does bring up some really good points about government over reaching, but the plot is a stretch for much of the plot. I also found the main characters to be too blaise about the plight of their fellow citizens which is typical in Rand's novels. There is too much focus on "me" rather than the common good. Sometimes I thought are these people living in an intellectual vacuum where everyone is greedy & self-interested?? The movie is almost too smart for itself. I actually thought "The Fountainhead" from the 1950's was a lot better than these. I also thought it was more realistic. This film is worth seeing but not a great intellectual piece. You have to know going in what this is to really like it.
½ January 4, 2014
In an attempt to save capitalism, they actually burried it!
December 24, 2013
Jed from The Beverly Hillbillies played an intelligent engineer and an actor who does Bellin Health commercials in Green Bay played Jim Taggart, it's like they didn't even try to make a decent film.
December 22, 2013
While the story picked up a bit in this installment, the complete changing of the actors from the original to this one was very distracting and not for the better in most instances. Kim Rhodes was an upgrade for Lillian Rearden, but the rest just didn't resonate with me - especially Mathis as Dagny. Whoever planned this trilogy did a horrible job on the casting front. The pacing was faster, but it still was like watching a TV series instead of a movie. Still barely passable.
December 22, 2013
In this one I was bit unhappy that actors that were in last one were swished out cause I had grown attached to faces and their style. it took some getting use to but I was able to to deal with it.