Atlas Shrugged: Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Atlas Shrugged: Part II Reviews

March 26, 2016
Atlas Shrugged Part II: The Strike is the second continuation of the film series, and it stars Samantha Mathis and Jason Beghe in a story about Rearden's Railroad being successful, but the government is not happy with it and would want to be part of the success. I was honestly surprised that the whole cast has been changed which didn't make sense. It'll make sense if some of the cast members had been replaced, but not the entire cast. Too bad that the sequel got worse. The special effects look like Asylum quality which is really saying something after seeing the decent effects from the first one. The acting got more bland, and the plot was confusing and not much progression going on which is deeply disappointing. It's very dull, although there were some interesting moments going on here and there. The writing got even worse, and there was really no character progression going on. I don't know what happened with this film as the first one was well made, the sequel was just poorly made, and I'm not going to be looking forward to the last one if it goes even downhill.
December 12, 2015
Poorly written!!! Are you dense?
July 27, 2013
Terrible - weak story - do not waste your time
September 28, 2015
Good but not at the same level of Part 1.
½ September 25, 2015
If i wanne see suits talking about money and politics i will watch Villa Politca ...Ight !
October 20, 2012
Diehard Randians may complain that this film doesn't slavishly parrot every word of the seminal book which inspired it, while committed statists -- including most of "the press" -- will complain that it does. For the rest of us, "Atlas Shrugged Part II" is an exciting story of a near future in which the "producers" of the world - the engineers, gited artists, competent executives and others who drive the economy -- withdraw from a society which punishes success.
½ July 13, 2015
this almost looks like a movie.... ALMOST. A laughably dull and idiotic exercise that decides to put action sequences to.... well.... keep people awake.
October 17, 2012
Great movie everyone should see it go rent the first part then see what this country is moving toward. Better yet read the book then see the movie
January 23, 2013
So since I just read the book, I figured I would add a new review to the movie that I watched again. Previously I gave 5 stars before I read the book, so I guess I should keep it at that. But I will note that so much of the story isn't' told in the film. Particularly the relationship between James Taggert and Sheryl is lost. I do recommend the film, and I even more so recommend the book, but watch the film first so that you enjoy it.
March 15, 2015
I really liked the book. This movie, however, didn't do it for me. It didn't hit a lot of the major themes and most of the great monologs were missing from this. I think this movie missed the point of the book. Good try, but lacking execution.

Also, each of the movies in the series had a completely different cast.
½ September 2, 2014
It's acting is terrible. It's script is as badly written as, well, the original book. And its CGI is comparable to Sharknado's. Since this film had a decent budget, one can only conclude that Randians must suck at filmaking.
October 13, 2012
This not a high budget production but considering that, this is a good movie. Great storyline.
November 4, 2012
Samantha Mathis? Ugh. Taylor Schilling was superior despite her lack of acting chops.
July 23, 2012
Atlas Shrugged II: The Strike is a compelling and provocative film that brings Ayn Rand's classic novel to life. The saga continues with Dagny Taggart and Henry Rearden struggling to hold off a total economic collapse while an oppressive government tightens their control and leading industrialists mysteriously disappear. All of the major roles have been recast, which is rather off putting and doesn't result in any noticeable improvements in the characters. However, the directing is a little better and delivers a clearer vision than the first film had. Additionally, the special effects are fairly well-done for an independent film, and are used quite effectively to add energy and excitement to the scenes. While Atlas Shrugged II: The Strike doesn't live up to the quality of the source material, it still delivers a solid dramatic thriller.
July 14, 2014
Its good, but not as good as part 1. I do not like that the cast was switched up, the initial appeal to the previous movie for me was the cast. the cast in this movie didn't portray the characters as well as the first.
July 14, 2014
The human scrotum is a very delicate body part. Professional torturers are taught to inflict pain on the scrotum either through electrical shocks or hot needles, as it causes a great amount of pain but will not kill the victim. Even with that knowledge in mind, scrotal torture is more appealing to me, than ever watching this film again
July 7, 2014
Hold on a second critics! Just because you don't agree with Ayn Rand's philosophy doesn't mean you need to give it unrealistically low rating. I see so much political bias right here. I do admit that Part II was disappointing, but it does not deserve such a low rating, even the consensus was biased in its tone. Let's talk about the good points, the set design was better, I really liked atmosphere (basically like Chicago or Detroit). james Taggart was better cast compared to Part I, Cheryl Brooks was a good cast too. The editing was great, although some changes were made in terms of the structure of the plot. Now the bad: The script was superficial, only touched on the surface of the dialogues, much of the dialogues from the book were cut short. Acting by some of the less important characters were terrible. Some of the recasting were horrible, e.g. Francisco d'Anconia and Lilian Rearden. There were a lot of irrelevant scenes that could be replaced by more dialogues (the money speech really was destroyed). Despite having these downfalls, I wouldn't say it was badly filmed and consider the low budget, they made this imperfect film perfect.
July 3, 2014
Watched it on netflix, even if you like Ayn Rand stay away.
July 1, 2014
Who IS John Galt. Watch and learn.
October 14, 2012
Great book...good movie interpretation. The Hollywood crowd will hate it because it shows them that their philosophy of life is wrong.