Atomic Mom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Atomic Mom Reviews

½ July 17, 2013
Surprisingly good doc considering the subject is the director's mother. Arranged and edited quite well. Shows how a soldier's blind faith in their orders can blind them to the moralities of their actions. Then, when reflecting on the radiation assessments she completed on animals, Mom feels guilt over the long-term effects of the WWII bombs. A touching discourse ensues between her and a Hiroshima family - mediated by the daughter/director. Whenever you find yourself in Las Vegas or Hiroshima, please visit the Atomic Bomb Museums.
½ April 23, 2012
I would highly recommend this documentary. It highlights the human costs and how America in our hubris still ignores the human costs of what we have done in the past and what we will continue to do in the future. We will never learn-- just as the mother in this film was oblivious at the time of the end results of her actions and her research-- so is the American public oblivious to what we will continue to do in the future as far as human costs of the wars that we continue to wage.
½ March 26, 2012
Another "America stinks" movie by a stone hearted leftist. It doesn't matter to her that the bomb probably saved over a million lives it would of cost if we had to invade the Japanese home islands. I'll wait patiently for her documentary on the Rape of Nanking or Unit 731 or the horrid way the Japanese treated POW's.