Awards Tour: Golden Globe Winners!

Summary

With the Oscars just around the corner, "Avatar," "Up," and "Crazy Heart" continued their strong showings this season at the 2010 Golden Globe Awards. Check out the full list of winners below! Back to Article

Comments

Cutler to the rescue

Ted kruts

How did a song from Princess and the Frog not make the list, that is garbage, that combination of jazz, blues, creole and gospel was amazing

Dec 15 - 03:13 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

@DanielthePhantasm XIX

Totally agree on Lurent, she was great and should have replaced some of the subpar nominations on here. I am surprised at how many rotten films have been nominated, when there are plenty of other actors and films that could have replaced these poor choices. And Macguire got nominated, but no Viggo or Jeremy Renner!!???

Dec 15 - 03:14 PM

NTROST

Anthony W.

@King Crunk
"I am surprised at how many rotten films have been nominated"

What films? Are you saying "Up In The Air", "The Hurt Locker", "Inglourious Basterds" & such don't deserve there nominations?

@john t
"this was a pretty dismal year in cinema"

Where do you get that perspective?

@Kevin E.
"That is probably one of Tarantino's weakest films."

You are in the minority with that one. Many critics have called it one of Tarantino's best if not the best. From a taste standpoint, that is all in the matter of opinion but from the understanding & adeptness of the craft of film & filmmaking it's exceedingly hard to argue. The only way to truly figure it out is through the 26 elements of filmmaking's storytelling.

Dec 15 - 04:51 PM

Bed Head

Ekaterina Kutznetsova

Dec 15 - 05:05 PM

NTROST

Anthony W.

@Bed Head
"He was probably referring to the various nominations received by the LITERALLY "rotten" (rating-wise) films such as "Nine", "It's Complicated" and "Brothers"."

I was thinking that was what he meant but with the internet & the amount of dunderheads. It's always up for questioning.

"Oh, and do you have any idea which critics said "Basterds" was better than "Pulp Fiction"? Because they should have their licenses revoked."

Actually, I don't think any critic ever said it was better then "Pulp Fiction". Maybe I didn't word it right but what I meant was it was many thought it was equal to "Pulp Fiction".

Dec 15 - 05:13 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

For me I'd go:

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Kill Bill Vol 2
5. From Dusk Til Dawn
6. Kill Bill Vol 1
7. Jackie Brown
8. Death Proof

If I included his bit from 4 Rooms it'd probably be between FDTD and Kill Bill Vol 1

Dec 15 - 05:33 PM

collex

Alex D.B.

Bigbrother, From Dusk till Dawn was directed by Robert Rodriguez, not Tarantino.

As for the nominations, I must say I'm happy Maguire has been nominated, he was awesome in this role. However, I can't comment on The Hurt Locker, it wasn't released in my area.

I can't understand why Zombieland didn't get a best comedy nod. It's the only movie I've been where the audience applaudded right in the middle of the movie (and twice).

Waltz is taking the Globe home, he was awesome while fluently speaking 4 languages. What a feat.

And I'll encourage Emily Blunt just because Young Victoria was made by a Quebecois director. Go Jean-Marc Vallée, go!

Dec 15 - 08:36 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

I know they give Rodriguez the credit for that one, but I still kinda consider it a Tarantino since he wrote it and worked so closely with Rodriguez on it, but you're right it IS officially a Rodriguez.

NTROST, don't forget Glenn Close. She is a handsome, handsome woman.

Dec 15 - 08:57 PM

dj Mark

Mark Marquis

NTrost, actually Chris Gore said it was better than Pulp Fiction. I did a Scooby Doo double take when I heard that....

Dec 15 - 07:18 PM

NTROST

Anthony W.

Hahaha...thanks Mark, I'm actually glad you did do a double take because I thought I might have seen that claim made somewhere before but didn't know for sure but I do know alot of critics did place it on the same level as "Pulp Fiction".

P.S. Will people stop frickin complaining about Meryl Streep being nominated. The woman is arguably the best actress alive today. She is going to go down as one of the greatest actresses of all-time when it's all set & done. Plus, her performance as Julia Childs is entirely award worthy without a doubt. Stop complaining about it.

Sandra Bullock up for "The Proposal" is something that could be argued though (nothing against "The Proposal" though as it was a fair film but not award worthy by any means in any element.) Julia Roberts up for "Duplicity" is arguable as well. While "Duplicity" was a moderately good film (a bit confusing in the beginning though) but it is not an award worthy film let alone Julia Roberts performance (not saying it was bad or anything but nothing special). Those two nominations have a more logical argument against then Meryl Streep being nominated because she's superb in pretty much everything she does. Stop complaining about it. It's just absurd complaint.

Dec 15 - 08:20 PM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

pulp fiction =tarantino's best

Dec 15 - 05:38 PM

Nine Oh Two

joe schmoe

Lack of In The Loop = Epic Fail

Dec 15 - 03:27 PM

john t.

john thomas

By the looks of this list, this was a pretty dismal year in cinema.It reflects poorly on the state of motion picture artistry nowadays.

Dec 15 - 03:38 PM

The Stunner

Tiago Paulo

with the globes it's always the case, especially in the category of comedy and musical because the people that choose the awards are a very small group.

Dec 15 - 04:09 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

If you phrase things wrong, you'll show yourself as an idiot. You should correct yourself often. And for the record, Glee Sucks. You're choice in best character for the decade is terrible, you obviously don't see enough or any quality shows. What is the best character of the decade? I don't know, there's so many good ones, although Michael Scott is my favorite.

Dec 15 - 04:05 PM

Rupert G.

Rupert Garfunkel

I love watching people trying to "school" others by calling them an idiot. A decade is 10 years, no matter it starts. Hence, the last decade includes everything in the last 10 years going back to December 15th, 1999.

August M, YOU are an idiot.

Dec 15 - 06:39 PM

Kevin E.

Kevin Eurich

I agree with the people that say Inglorious Basterds doesn't deserve a nomination. Sure it was good but I think if people didn't know it was a Tarantino film they wouldn't think it was good enough to be nominated. That is probably one of Tarantino's weakest films but that isn't bad at all considering the films he made. And District 9 definitely deserves to be nominated.

Dec 15 - 04:06 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Cutler, much as I hate the idea of agreeing with you, I must agree that UP should win Best Animated Film. UP has become far and away my favorite Pixar film. Haven't seen Princess yet, but plan to. Although I must say I really did enjoy Fantasic Mr. Fox. It was a lot of fun.

And I love Dexter, but I did see the ending coming about six episodes in. Or let's say I had a very strong suspicion that something along those lines would happen. Didn't detract from the series at all, as it was full of a lot of things I didn't see coming, so it deserves all the love it gets.

And to all the Glee haters, just quit watching the show and go back to your soulless existence. Glee is just a lot of fun with some great songs done by very talented kids. Fine if you don't like it, but you don't have to be schmucks to those of us who do. And Sue Sylvester does rock (although I want to smack her sometimes.)

Dec 15 - 04:08 PM

The Stunner

Tiago Paulo

Dec 15 - 04:09 PM

Basilides in Alexandria

Ken Verybigliar

Why wasn't Viggo nominated for The Road??? I'm pissed.
And very happy about A SERIOUS MAN (awesome movie!) and The BASTERDS.

Dec 15 - 04:20 PM

Bed Head

Ekaterina Kutznetsova

Of the nominees I've seen, "Up" would be my choice for Best Picture period (not just Animated).

Also, I wonder how many of the voters actually even bothered to see The Last Station/The Young Victoria? Or did they just nominate them based on "sounding historically important"?

P.S. RT really needs to use a, um, "wider shot" of Gaboury Sidibe. I don't mean to offend any "plus size" people here, but the way her giant face fills up that little box, kinda makes her look like an ogre or something.

Dec 15 - 04:23 PM

ColinTheCimmerian

Colin Hay

Cory B: Why not? As long as the people doing the nominating have seen the movies, what does it matter if they've officially been released yet?

Dec 15 - 04:28 PM

NTROST

Anthony W.

@King Crunk
"I am surprised at how many rotten films have been nominated"

@john t
"this was a pretty dismal year in cinema"

Where do you get that perspective?

@Kevin E.
"That is probably one of Tarantino's weakest films."

Dec 15 - 04:51 PM

Dec 15 - 05:33 PM

collex

Alex D.B.

Dec 15 - 08:36 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

NTROST, don't forget Glenn Close. She is a handsome, handsome woman.

Dec 15 - 08:57 PM

dj Mark

Mark Marquis

Dec 15 - 07:18 PM

NTROST

Anthony W.

Dec 15 - 08:20 PM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

pulp fiction =tarantino's best

Dec 15 - 05:38 PM

Connor S.

Connor Smook

if nine and its complicated keep getting bad reviews, they will probably be taken out. and isnt up in the air a comedy.

Dec 15 - 04:55 PM

Dec 15 - 05:33 PM

collex

Alex D.B.

Dec 15 - 08:36 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

NTROST, don't forget Glenn Close. She is a handsome, handsome woman.

Dec 15 - 08:57 PM

dj Mark

Mark Marquis

Dec 15 - 07:18 PM

NTROST

Anthony W.

Dec 15 - 08:20 PM

NTROST

Anthony W.

Rottentomatoes needs to fix "Up In The Air" rating as it is actually 90% not 84%.

@Connor S.

"Up In The Air" is considered more of a drama then comedy even though it has some comedic parts but really that's within the witty dialog. So, it's a drama.

Dec 15 - 05:07 PM

Propadanda

Dan R

If this is any indication of where the Oscars might be heading...I have absolutely no interest aside form seeing how Avatar and (500) Days fare.

Doesn't seem like a good crop of pictures this year, nothing really doing it for me compared to last year.

Dec 15 - 05:10 PM

Dec 15 - 05:33 PM

collex

Alex D.B.

Dec 15 - 08:36 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

NTROST, don't forget Glenn Close. She is a handsome, handsome woman.

Dec 15 - 08:57 PM

dj Mark

Mark Marquis

Dec 15 - 07:18 PM

NTROST

Anthony W.

Dec 15 - 08:20 PM

Bed Head

Ekaterina Kutznetsova

It's cool, NTROST.

I just realized I committed a similar error in clarity regarding "The Last Station"/"The Young Victoria"; making it sound like I thought the films themselves were nominated (rather than particular members of the casts).

Dec 15 - 05:23 PM

High School With Money

LEEEROOOOOAAAAHHHH MMMYYAAAANKEEEUUUNNNNSSSS

Because as soon as they make those categories available and right after announcing the winners, the network will gawk at the instant nuclear crater in Nielsen ratings, cuz no one cares after that point.

Dec 15 - 05:28 PM

Dec 15 - 05:33 PM

collex

Alex D.B.

Dec 15 - 08:36 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

NTROST, don't forget Glenn Close. She is a handsome, handsome woman.

Dec 15 - 08:57 PM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel