Awards Tour: Complete Oscar Winners List

Summary

The Hurt Locker wins big with wins for director Kathryn Bigelow and Best Picture honors. The night also saw Oscars go to Hollywood veterans Sandra Bullock and Jeff Bridges. See the full list of Oscar winners below! And thank you to everyone who participated in our first ever Facebook chat and kept us company on Twitter! Back to Article

Comments

dethburger

You people?

wtf is wrong with you boy?

Feb 2 - 10:00 PM

Avatar Avengers

just tellin it like it is. The academy agrees.

Feb 2 - 10:11 PM

dethburger hates Flixster

No, you are not "telling it like it is" you are drawing conclusions based on a bias that is, at its core, elitist...which is kind of ironic based on what you are preaching.

You are a troll.

I'm done with you.

Buh bye.

Feb 2 - 10:23 PM

Feb 2 - 10:36 PM

The Avenger

kenneth kinderman

I think he makes a good point.

Feb 3 - 06:45 PM

an old fella

stephen ruben

On "Up". The begining is truly moving. But,did any of those thousands of critics who love it actually see the part after they hit land? The villian would be too old for such athletics and if he invented a device that translated animal thoughts he wouldn't stay in the jungle. And the unnecessary frenzied chase/battles in the sky. Is this really best picture or best animated material? Also "Coraline", wonderful animation, clever idea, but the supporting cast was too strange and eccentric for me and last third was awful. "Up In The Air", they took a book with an any pill popping, every woman hopping, drunk self absorbed hero and turned it into a delightful movie with believable and likeable characters. I haven't see all 10 nominees but I liked "Precious" very much. When she got pushed to the ground on the street I could feel it myself.

Feb 2 - 10:02 PM

dethburger hates Flixster

Bed Head is a woman btw.

Feb 2 - 10:07 PM

Avatar Avengers

just tellin it like it is. The academy agrees.

Feb 2 - 10:11 PM

You are a troll.

I'm done with you.

Buh bye.

Feb 2 - 10:23 PM

Feb 2 - 10:36 PM

Avatar Avengers

dont get all high and mighty. Avatar was the best film ever made. AVAAAATAARRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 2 - 10:21 PM

saicam

onaivatco5 november

Wow theres seems to be too many complaints that are just ridiculous.
Look while I may agree that some films got snubbed, since when has the Oscars nominees and winners ever been 100% accurate to everyone? never thats when. It shouldn't matter whether or not your favorite movies get nominated and/or win, what should matter is whether or not you enjoy the movie. I could think of a lot of movies that never got nominated for best picture that I enjoyed more than those that won (Slumdog Millionaire won last year and Wall-e is still better in my opinion.) So stop whining so much people.

Feb 2 - 10:23 PM

You are a troll.

I'm done with you.

Buh bye.

Feb 2 - 10:23 PM

Feb 2 - 10:36 PM

Feb 2 - 10:36 PM

Feb 2 - 10:52 PM

Clayton T.

Clayton Thomas

Anyone complaining about the story in Avatar, what is the story in The Hurt Locker? I watched it twice... and all I got were stringing random events of Jeremy Renner disarming bombs then topping it all off with him telling his poor baby he only loves war. The more I think about it the more I hate that movie lol.

The story in Avatar is heavily unoriginal but there truly is emotion evoked beyond the visuals. I really did feel for the Na'vi when their hometree was being destroyed and the combination of awe-inspiring visuals and characters that are not deep but still yearn to rooted for make this scene one of the most memorable of 2009.

Feb 2 - 10:56 PM

ityedmyshoetoday

paul baldy

Bed Head I apologize if you take offense to my post. I didn't mean to insult you. You are in fact a female troll. But, a refined troll indeed, who uses big talky words and are more refined than I is. Let me crawl back to my tiny home where the elite don't go and watch superhero movie and other such movies.

Basically, what I am getting at is you are one of the first people to post and post off topic by saying it was a horrible year for movies. Which in fact it wasn't. You didn't come back with any kind of rebuttal as to why it was a bad year for movies. Instead you decided to attempt to make me look unrefined when I am in fact not. You miss were obviously not on the debate team in high school, if you even made it to high school. I highly doubt this though as testament to your beautifully structured argument.

So, I respectfully decline any further trolling with you and will give you the luxury of having full freedom to reply with no more responses from me.

One last rebuttal to your "bad year for movie argument" though.
So, like my argument before, I think a few movies from this year have something different to say.

The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Public Enemies
The House of the Devil
A Serious Man
An Education
Precious
A Single Man

So, after making this list I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn't actually think or use any kind of logic or reasoning skills when you said it was a bad year for movies.

Feb 2 - 10:57 PM

Bed Head

Ekaterina Kutznetsova

Actually, ityedmyshoetoday, my only reference to the year's quality (or lack thereof) was the following sentence:

"I suppose it's only fitting that the worst year in recent memory (cinematically speaking) be capped off by the most anticlimactic Academy Awards telecast of all-time."

And I'm not quite sure how THAT statement could possibly be considered "off topic".

Meanwhile, as to the larger point, calling it an awful year is hardly the same as saying there were no good movies at all.

Roger Ebert once said you can tell it was a "down year" for movies when the same 6 or 7 titles show up on essentially every single critic's "ten best list" (because it obviously suggests there was a very shallow pool from which to choose from).

Now, I only count 22 movies that you mentioned. Of which, 6 were generally considered disappointing, and 2 were rather terrible. So that leaves "Up" (brilliant) plus 13 others that fall somewhere between "very good" and "slightly above average".

Leaving us with 14 quality films (give or take) out of the roughly 300 that were released in 2009. And thus a lousy year, imo.

Feb 3 - 03:39 AM

Neolithics

Neo M

In my perfect little world, The Hurt Locker would win Best Picture, Bigelow for Best Director, Melanie Laurent for Best Supporting Actress-but oh, look, she was snubbed!-In the Loop for Adapted Screenplay, The White Ribbon for Best Cinematography, Up for Best Score and El Secreto de sus ojos for Best Foreign Film.

But I'm a realist. So hello disappointment, my old friend.

Feb 2 - 11:00 PM

Clayton T.

Clayton Thomas

Wonderfully put. Up was my favorite movie of 2009.

Feb 2 - 11:01 PM

Feb 2 - 11:05 PM

Neolithics

Neo M

But I'm a realist. So hello disappointment, my old friend.

Feb 2 - 11:04 PM

A55 Velcro

Bob Bobertson

I am in no way an avatar hater, but you comparing it to 2001 was... just... I don't even know where to start. If you think 2001 was only good because of the visual effects than you best stick with movies like transformers and 2012 and other movies for people with a 2 digit IQ. 2001 made you think afterwords, it didn't try to tell you anything, it didn't try to tell you what was right or what was wrong, in fact after watching that movie I've questioned many things that I find right or wrong (TDK almost did it for me but not quite) and has contributed to who I am as a person, which is why it is one of my favorite movies of all time. The more I thought about avatar after I watched it, the less parts of it made sense and I began to think about all the 2 dimensional characters in a 3 dimensional film. I also thought about all the times when the movie started to preach, which I don't like.

Feb 2 - 11:04 PM

Feb 2 - 11:06 PM

A55 Velcro

Bob Bobertson

no one is responding to you, why don't you go join up on one of those avatar super fan sites and troll there so we can discuss the Oscar nominations ok?

Feb 2 - 11:10 PM

Feb 2 - 11:13 PM

Don't feed this troll.

I mean, my god, look at its user name.

It speaks volumes.

Feb 2 - 11:15 PM

Feb 2 - 11:17 PM

dethburger hates Flixster

You are right about 2001 though it did come with its own gimmick...Cinemarama.

Feb 2 - 11:17 PM

Feb 2 - 11:37 PM

Feb 2 - 11:05 PM

Feb 2 - 11:06 PM

A55 Velcro

Bob Bobertson

Feb 2 - 11:10 PM

Feb 2 - 11:13 PM

Don't feed this troll.

I mean, my god, look at its user name.

It speaks volumes.

Feb 2 - 11:15 PM

Feb 2 - 11:17 PM

dethburger hates Flixster

You are right about 2001 though it did come with its own gimmick...Cinemarama.

Feb 2 - 11:17 PM

Feb 2 - 11:37 PM

A55 Velcro

Bob Bobertson

Feb 2 - 11:10 PM

Feb 2 - 11:13 PM

Don't feed this troll.

I mean, my god, look at its user name.

It speaks volumes.

Feb 2 - 11:15 PM

Feb 2 - 11:17 PM

dethburger hates Flixster

You are right about 2001 though it did come with its own gimmick...Cinemarama.

Feb 2 - 11:17 PM

Feb 2 - 11:37 PM

Feb 2 - 11:13 PM

Don't feed this troll.

I mean, my god, look at its user name.

It speaks volumes.

Feb 2 - 11:15 PM

Feb 2 - 11:17 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office