Awards Tour: Complete Oscar Winners List

Summary

The Hurt Locker wins big with wins for director Kathryn Bigelow and Best Picture honors. The night also saw Oscars go to Hollywood veterans Sandra Bullock and Jeff Bridges. See the full list of Oscar winners below! And thank you to everyone who participated in our first ever Facebook chat and kept us company on Twitter! Back to Article

Comments

avatar Avenger

Avatar Avengers

Feb 2 - 11:17 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

You are right about 2001 though it did come with its own gimmick...Cinemarama.

Feb 2 - 11:17 PM

avatar Avenger

Avatar Avengers

Feb 2 - 11:37 PM

avatar Avenger

Avatar Avengers

Feb 2 - 11:27 PM

avatar Avenger

Avatar Avengers

Feb 2 - 11:37 PM

Andrew M.

Andrew Moore

Yes, Precious is such a powerful movie. I had already read the book, so I knew what I was in for. However, reading it is one thing, reading is usually mor effective at creating characters, and environments in your head.

However, prescious is perhaps the best adaption of a Novel I have ever seen. It left me sick to my stomach at parts, however, in the end, It leaves you proud and a feeling of hope for humanity.

I have read every comment so far, and I am suprised that perhaps only 5 people have even mentioned this movie.

Personally, I liked Avatar, however I feel it is just a throwaway fad. In 10 years it will have as much relevance as Fern Gully.

If you have not yet, please...watch prescious. This is a viscious film, that bares all the ugly truths about just how low our species can go. And how the human spirit can soar, when given a little "push".

Feb 3 - 12:27 AM

dudemeister

dude meister

@cocorovirosa, exatcly, that is just what i wanat to hear, let me give a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG thumbs up for that

Feb 3 - 12:36 AM

dudemeister

dude meister

@ dont tase me bro: ahahaaha thats just hilarious "Dark days indeed.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies!
Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!
(Props to GB!)
Cameron! He must be THE Antichrist! If he wins...somewhere...The Seventh Seal will open!" youre are one funny guy

Feb 3 - 12:41 AM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

Thanks man.

Although I'm booking a session with my therapist. I was the victim of the most heinous, emotionally-crippling put-down of all-time on this thread. Some guy almost named Jagoff really trashed my world with "suck my balls". The horror! The horror!

Feb 3 - 01:06 AM

dudemeister

dude meister

Feb 3 - 12:44 AM

dudemeister

dude meister

i mean seriously, enough hypocracy the hurt locker was a great film, but had NO story, it was just going to war and battle day to day, avatar is unoriginal, ues, but its story is moving and deep i really did feel for jake and na'vi, but aside i thought zoe saldana's performance was very overratted, she was good, but she spent all of it crying, screaming or hissing, i felt the should have pushed for sam worthington the way they pushed for saldana, he was MUCH better performance wise. but anyway, just stop the hate and the same insults over and over 'pocahanta in space, ferngully in space, dances with wolves in space, the smurfs', i mean come on, its just getting old, have half of you even SEEN those films, and while they may be similar in concept, not so much overall, apart from 'wolves', none of those movies documented him really falling in love with the place, it didnt show the military invading them for they're rescouces, and some of them not even shoeing the military, it dosen't show the conflict jake feels and how he struggles, and i have read the script, so i am eagrely anricipating the 30 minute extra, directors cut, i think that would be the supreme version, plot and art wise

Feb 3 - 01:02 AM

Robert V.

Robert Van Sant

Why all the A Serious Man hate? It was a terrific movie, and it deserves it's Best Picture nomination more than half of the others.

Feb 3 - 01:06 AM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

Thanks man.

Feb 3 - 01:06 AM

Tmurph824

Tim Nurphy

The oscars are becoming more of a joke every year. Last year, they had the actors saying bombastic descriptions of performances as opposed to oscar clips. This year, ten nominations for best picture. The term "nominated for best picture" used to mean something...

Feb 3 - 02:13 AM

Tmurph824

Tim Nurphy

And avatar better not win. Seriously. Inglorious bastards was a lot better.

Feb 3 - 02:18 AM

Tmurph824

Tim Nurphy

And avatar better not win. Seriously. Inglorious bastards was a lot better.

Feb 3 - 02:34 AM

rsinatra

Raphael Gimenes

I don't understand how Avatar can be nominated for Best Picture. I mean, it is beautiful, it has revolutionary effects and all that, blablabla, blablabla, blablabla, but the story is so cliché, the dialogues are so cliché... I think it can/should win almost everything else but best picture. Go Hurt Locker!

Feb 3 - 02:42 AM

Ryan1357 H.

Ryan1357 Haynes

Winners

The Hurt Locker
Jason Reitman
Jeff Bridges
Carey Mulligan
Cristoph Waltz
Mo'Nique

Have to say i'm fairly confident in Waltz and Mo'Nique, but the rest are up in the air (no pun intended) while Reitman is more of a flyer pick.

Feb 3 - 02:52 AM

Michael A.

Michael Agoncillo

great job by the academy here...can't wait to watch everything...

Feb 3 - 03:08 AM

Bed Head

Ekaterina Kutznetsova

Actually, ityedmyshoetoday, my only reference to the year's quality (or lack thereof) was the following sentence:

"I suppose it's only fitting that the worst year in recent memory (cinematically speaking) be capped off by the most anticlimactic Academy Awards telecast of all-time."

And I'm not quite sure how THAT statement could possibly be considered "off topic".

Meanwhile, as to the larger point, calling it an awful year is hardly the same as saying there were no good movies at all.

Roger Ebert once said you can tell it was a "down year" for movies when the same 6 or 7 titles show up on essentially every single critic's "ten best list" (because it obviously suggests there was a very shallow pool from which to choose from).

Now, I only count 22 movies that you mentioned. Of which, 6 were generally considered disappointing, and 2 were rather terrible. So that leaves "Up" (brilliant) plus 13 others that fall somewhere between "very good" and "slightly above average".

Leaving us with 14 quality films (give or take) out of the roughly 300 that were released in 2009. And thus a lousy year, imo.

Feb 3 - 03:39 AM

Mong M.

Mong Mongy

Sandra Bullock performance in The Blind Side should definately earn her the Oscar this year. She is fantastic in the movie. (500) days of summer should be nominated for best pic too.

Feb 3 - 03:56 AM

Replicant Lems

david leeman

They nominate garbage every year. I don't quite understand the outrage. If these pompous morons knew anything about movies "Basterds" would win best picture/director and Diane Krueger would definitely be nominated for supporting actress. It is what it is. At least D9 got nominated.

Feb 3 - 04:27 AM

Ant-Man
Ant-Man

First pic of Marvel's Paul Rudd

Worst Summer Movies
Worst Summer Movies

We list the 60 worst since 1975

Scorecard 2014
Scorecard 2014

See where the summer movies rank

Best Comedy Actress