"AVP2" Promises to be a "True Blue" Monster Movie

That's what one of the lead actors had to say, anyway. Plus apparently there's some nifty little surprise in store that the sci-fi geeks are supposed to love.

According to an interview piece at MTV Movies Blog, actor Steven Pasquale had this to say about the upcoming "Alien vs. Predator" sequel: "Haven?t we always wondered what would happen if they made it to Earth? [Well] now they have, and drama ensues. It?s more about survival."

And regarding how much screen time our title characters will get? "Aliens and predators will be fighting to the death ... There?s a little secret surprise that I can?t tell you about that the sci-fi fans are going to go bananas over."

"Alien vs. Predator 2" opens in December.

Source: MTV Movies Blog

Comments

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

Any time I'm told I'm going to go bananas over a surprise that's going to happen in a movie, I'm going to start losing hope. Smells like something convoluted, stupid, and unecessary like a Vampire/Werewolf mix breed or a computer virus being able to destroy an alien ship. Just make a good movie about the creatures we already know. Don't go trying to make silly surprises that just end up being retarted. This is the sort of thing that destroyed Alien franchise with Alien 4 (with which all copies should be recalled and burned).

Jun 6 - 05:58 AM

pwnsauce3k

Jason Lewis

[b]"convoluted, stupid, and unnecessary"[/b]
So painfully true.

I bet it'll be a cutaway to some precocious little kid with a raggy bowl cut exclaiming "WHOOOOAAAAA! TOTALLY AWESOME RADICAL!"

Or the latest rapper-turned-thespian who, after seeing his friend take a laser blast to the face, hollers "Awwww, you got SUUUUUURRRRVED!"

Or maybe it'll be cyborg aliens with lasers installed in their teeth so that when they bite you, they also shoot you with lasers!!!

My real bet is some B- cameo, or some blasphemous, canon-destroying, revisionist malarkey. And not even to serve some really cool, superior idea, but for some so-bad-you-can't-believe-it's-happening one-off scene: "Sure we had to remove the existence of LV-426 from the continuity, but without making that change it wouldn't have made any sense to show an alien drink a can of Red Bull!"

Hell no to this.

Jun 6 - 11:49 AM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

Damn, if I find out they have some stupid little kid like that or that rapper-turned-thespian type person, I know for sure I'm not going to see this movie.

Jun 6 - 01:03 PM

Metafact

Jane Holt

Very true, Elixor. It doesn't matter whether or not Alien vs. Predator 2 is an action-horror film or a "true blue" monster movie, what matters is if it has a good story and tension. Alien and Aliens was a horror film and an action film, respectively, and both were fantastic. If director Andrew Li thinks that changing the genre of the sequel and adding some sort of geek-friendly twist is going to rectify all of the problems with its predecessor, then he is in for a rude awakening.

Jun 6 - 06:06 AM

nav123

Naven Naidoo

[b]SURPRISE!!!![/b]
Its a Sigourney and Arnold cameo!!!!!!

Would be cool:)

Jun 6 - 07:32 AM

Vitamin M

Matthew Haynes

No it's a Tom Skerritt and Danny Glover.

Jun 6 - 07:42 AM

Vitamin M

Matthew Haynes

No it's a Tom Skerritt and Danny Glover.

Jun 6 - 07:42 AM

The Lord Slash

Lord Slash

Predator has only been on earth and the Aliens were on earth in the last one? The dumbass probably hasn't even seen any of the predecessors.

Jun 6 - 08:02 AM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

The news for this movie keeps getting better and better. I'm actually excited about the small-town US setting, because to me it shows that it's not taking itself seriously, whereas the original one that it was being all cool by taking place in some ancient, sacrificial pyramid.

Jun 6 - 08:54 AM

POJOFOSHO

PJ McCabe

I'm not looking for a good story here. Just sweet action and carnage. That's all that can really be expected from these franchises anymore. Is that really such a bad thing? Sort of I guess. May be just as corny as the first AVP, but I'm still expecting a fun movie to watch with plenty of bad ass action.

Jun 6 - 09:03 AM

stevegilpin

Steven Gilpin

This movie is going to be fucking awful. There is no other possibility.

Jun 6 - 10:59 AM

Sputnik99

sputnik 99

I'm excited about this movie. Hopefully they get it right this time. I'd prefer a jungle fight, but oh well.

As for the surprise, it may be some alien from another movie making a cameo, like Yoda jumping in to pop a can of woop-ass on these guys or something. But it'll most likely be a skeleton of some alien that we can recognize and go "oooohhh" over, like what they did in Predator 2.

Jun 6 - 11:02 AM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

Wasn't AVP underground on earth somewhere?? I guess they REALLY didn't care about the story.

I don't mind them making a great action movie with lotsa blood and guts, but I don't think I'm ready to pay 10 bones to see it in theaters. Borow it? Hell yeah. It will probably be a fun film to watch with some buds... I mean, with some friends... Damnit.

Jun 6 - 11:22 AM

ShaakTi

Alexander Dodd

"There?s a little secret surprise that I can?t tell you about that the sci-fi fans are going to go bananas over"

They end the AVP series?

Jun 6 - 11:45 AM

pwnsauce3k

Jason Lewis

[b]"convoluted, stupid, and unnecessary"[/b]
So painfully true.

Hell no to this.

Jun 6 - 11:49 AM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

Jun 6 - 01:03 PM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

Spoilarz: Terminators show up. Hell, it would make this shit less convoluted than it is right now.

Jun 6 - 12:26 PM

I Am Remote

Robert Pilkington

If it's an alien/predator cross breed... yeah that would suck.

Sigorney Weaver showing up... I might go see that.

Jun 6 - 12:35 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

Jun 6 - 01:03 PM

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

[b]Wish they would just make seperate movies for both[/b]
Imagine an Alien 5 with ripley on futuristic alien ridden earth.

Or, Predator 3, with maybe Stallone in an arnie style action role. I say Stallone because he is the only real true match for Ahnold in an action role, also unlike arnie, Sly's still got it!

They could even set it in the future a little, kinda like blade runner setting with maybe multi preditors on the hunt!

Jun 6 - 01:22 PM

marktron

First Last

I bet the "secret surprise" will be an ending that teases the incorporation of a third big "sci fi" franchise for the 3rd movie.

Jun 6 - 01:41 PM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

Good call. I can see them now ...

"Alien vs. Predator vs. Ash"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Freddy"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Jason"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Spawn"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Superman"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Enterprise"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Silver Surfer"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Chucky"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Robocop" <--- LOL that's my favorite, I'm starting a petition (The sad thing being that there actually was a Alien vs. Robocop comic).

The possibilities are endless.

Jun 6 - 01:59 PM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

Good call. I can see them now ...

"Alien vs. Predator vs. Ash"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Freddy"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Jason"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Spawn"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Superman"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Enterprise"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Silver Surfer"
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Chucky"

The possibilities are endless.

Jun 6 - 01:59 PM

marktron

First Last

Alien Vs. Predator Vs. Jason X

Jun 6 - 02:20 PM

bigsexy_90

Bo Ben

[b]I think the surprise is...[/b]
non other than the predalien, at least thats my guess, it sounds stupid, but if you have played the alien vs predator 2 video game, then you would know just how kick ass this monster is! so if they do it right, i am excited, but it should be in it, remember the ending in the first AVP! but trust me, and if you need proof, play the AVP2 game! but it could make since for the movie, yeah there will be people thrown into the middle of the Alien/Predator war, but the predalien would create more of a middle ground!

Jun 6 - 02:40 PM

the-russian

Nick Danczyk

Does that mean we get to see some hot Alien-on-Predator action? I'm so there.

Jun 6 - 04:55 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

I thought that was pretty damn funny...

Jun 6 - 06:09 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

Critics Consensus