Alien vs. Predator 2 Gets Snazzy New Title

Merry Christmas, film lovers!

In a move that is certain to make millions of moviegoers more excited about seeing the film, 20th Century Fox has announced that it's changing the title of Alien vs. Predator 2 to Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.

We don't have a trailer to show you yet, but ComingSoon, along with giving us the new title, shares a nail-biting synopsis for the highly anticipated sequel to the 2004 classic Alien vs. Predator:

In the film, the iconic monsters from two of the scariest film franchises ever wage war in an American Midwestern town -- with the residents caught in the middle. David Paetkau, John Ortiz, Johnny Lewis, Reiko Aylesworth, Sam Trammell, Shareeka Epps and Steven Pasquale star.

There you have it -- Aliens and Predators, duking it out in the Midwest. Who wants to lay odds that the film's climactic battle takes place in a Wal-Mart?

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem is scheduled for what will surely be a record-breaking Christmas Day opening.

Source: ComingSoon.net

Comments

bmoviebuff

Craig Pfisterer

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem? Sounds like a musical.

Aug 23 - 06:25 AM

Catalyst8

Linda Ingmanson

OMG, AVP the Musical! Somebody simply *must* make it. ;-) The alien can even sing harmony with itself, since it has multiple mouths. I can see it now on Broadway...

Aug 23 - 04:08 PM

Mikekingos

Mike Pollitt

I agree. That doesnt really sound all too good for the title, but it still looks like an awesome movie.

Aug 23 - 06:54 AM

blank blank

bob jones

how does it look like an awesome movie? the midwest? come on.

Aug 23 - 06:58 AM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

I hope they model this after 'Requeim for a Dream' telling the tale of a loner Predator and an alien with dubious morals and a drugged out, increasingly detached Predator mother who watches game shows, finding a tragic Predator-Alien love amidst the dangerous, heady world of narcotics. Marlon Wayans would still play the best friend.

Aug 23 - 07:02 AM

yodas gooch

Hugh Jass

Gold!

Aug 23 - 06:48 PM

OAKTREELIVE

Mike Logue

Oh lord, I don't think anyone would lament the loss of Aliens or Predator so, Requiem? Terrible title, not to mention the target audience for this probably doesn't even know the definition of the word. As Alien Vs. Predator disgraced Ridley Scott's Alien, Aliens versus Predator disgraces Cameron's Aliens, you can **** on predator all you want but stop screwing with an excellent franchise.

Also, what the hell is Shareeka Epps (Half Nelson) doing in this? As for Reiko Aylesworth (24), I can see she might not be in high demand but it's sad to see Michelle Dessler stoop this low.

Aug 23 - 07:05 AM

Krellburt

Bryan Oemler

As far as ruining the Alien series, you could not get any worse than ressurection. Sadly, AvP was a step up.

Aug 23 - 08:02 AM

helmzy13

Andy Helms

The 2004 classic Alien Vs. Predator...

surely be a record-breaking Christmas Day opening.

Somebody's drinking the kool-aid

Aug 23 - 07:14 AM

Jeff Giles

Jeff Giles

Helmzy, if you thought I was serious, I want some of what YOU'RE drinkin'.

Aug 23 - 08:21 AM

calbear526

J W

Somebody else is drinking the Dumb Aid.

Aug 23 - 01:29 PM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

Sounds like they threw 'Requiem' into the title to try to make the movie sound sophisticated and attempt to disconnect it from the trash that was the first movie. I hope the movie is well done, the first one sucked. The title could be pink bunnies vs ugly ducklings, I don't give a damn. Just make a good Aliens vs. Predators movie!

Aug 23 - 07:15 AM

DanielLee8793

Daniel Lee

how is this movie different from the first one?

Aug 23 - 07:18 AM

pulgasari

Jeffrey Carey

It's in the midwest, dude! That's a populated area! The first one took place in antarctica! There'll be infinitely more people for the aliens to impregnate!
All things considered, though, the movie will [b]probably[/b] suck, but I'll reserve judgement until it comes out.

Aug 23 - 08:34 AM

ClericPreston

N G

Odds on a Predator Alien mix and species banding together to stop it... I'm gonna go with 75%

Aug 23 - 07:38 AM

AcE!

Chris Livesay

How about a completely new title that doesnt have the words alien or predator in it or at least not in the same way, and was a series reboot so if this movie is good it wouldnt be forever plagued by the atrocity of the first one. It still might be good, but just like the new hulk movie they should just start over instead of trying to create a great trilogy that will forever be marred by a bad start.

Aug 23 - 07:42 AM

Krellburt

Bryan Oemler

Aug 23 - 08:02 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

screw it, The Aliens in the Hills...Massacre the Predator in Texas. just combine hills have eyes rednecks...with leatherface...and add in aliens and predator. just have everybody in a huge buffet of a sh3t movie. oh...and who wins the big fight at the very end??? Leprechaun baby...Leprechaun... if we could somehow sign Chucky to be in this flick...i'd guarantee an Oscar for best picture

Aug 23 - 08:11 AM

Jeff Giles

Jeff Giles

Helmzy, if you thought I was serious, I want some of what YOU'RE drinkin'.

Aug 23 - 08:21 AM

opTIMus Nerd

Tim Ahlberg

I agree with Krellburt, while AvP wasn't cinematic gold...It didn't suck in that extra special way that Alien 4 sucked; franchise was perfectly ruined then. AvP wasn't THAT bad as it did try and pretend to be a part of both of the other films and who didn't like the green predalien at the end? Oh right, nobody. Maybe part two will be awesome! I know all these Alien and Predator movies have always left me wondering, "Gee, all this space-ship and jungle battles...If only these creatures would attack people at the mall!?" If they are REAL clever they will have people in the movie seeing the first AvP and get attacked by Aliens and Predators in the theater! It'll be like turning a live video camera on the TV and lead to the end of time.

Aug 23 - 08:31 AM

pulgasari

Jeffrey Carey

Aug 23 - 08:34 AM

ManofStee1

Alec G

Why do they insist on setting these movies on modern day Earth? It's obvious that the guys making his have never picked up one of the comics or seen the (incredible) AVP2 game, or they would know that it would be a much better idea to put Aliens' space marines on an alien planet populated by Predators. Now THAT'S a movie I'd want to see.

Aug 23 - 08:54 AM

TheAncientEnemy

derek noname

The only "snazzy" new title for AVP2 that would put me at ease would be "Canceled."

I have yet to come to terms with the fact that by turning Alien into a Friday the 13th camp-laden franchise Fox has simultaineously cheapened the original films and forced respectable directors like Scott and Cameron (who were both considering Alien 5) to not want to touch the series with a 20 foot pole.

When I first heard about AVP I was disappointed. When I heard who was to direct it I was heartbroken. When I heard it was to be PG-13... well, you all know the rest.

Thank you, Fox.

Aug 23 - 08:58 AM

Baccus83

First Last

Requiem? Seriously?

OoooOOOoooOO! Cool word! Foreign sounding. That'll totally convince people to take this film seriously!

Aug 23 - 09:44 AM

BUCK69

JIM GRONEFELD

At least Alien 4 had some degree of continuity. AVP was bastardized both franchises in order to make a buck. Cross-over movies always blow and they usually get progressively worse. No one seems to recall that Ripley was the only living human being who had ever seen an Alien in "Aliens". Remember, she said that "if just one of those things gets down here"??? Preditor 2 was set in a near-future LA. Mixing these two series is like mixing "Blade Runner" and "Star Trek". They belong in their own repsective universe.

Aug 23 - 09:58 AM

Krellburt

Bryan Oemler

Actually Buck, if you had payed attention, in Predator 2, the predator had an alien skull mounted in the ship. And if you were a true fan of the alien series and the predator series, you would know that aliens vs predator is a huge theme in comics and books. They are part of the same universe though you may not know it. It is not a hollywood creation like freddie vs jason.

As for aliens 4, i feel the lept into a completely different universe where aliens were a joke and a half human half alien was the closest they could come to a creative thought. The movie was the worst thing I have ever seen. Ever.

Aug 23 - 10:37 AM

Uradik Smoke

J-red FF

I guess I am th only person that found AVP slightly entertaining ? I mean it was in no way a masterpiece or even a great film for either franchise but i have to admit for about 45 mins i was entertained , seeing an Alien take down a Pred and then watching a bawl ensue was pretty bad a$$

My biggest beef with the movie was so much human interaction and that the humans were involved in most of the plot and became the main character in the movie , BIG MISTAKE as that is when i lost interest. I want a Alien Vs Predator movie , not AVPVH. YOu have to admit most of the Alien/ Predator fight scenes were not half bad and gave you what you wanted to see .

So with the sad news that once again this has turned into a Alien Vs Pred Vs Human movie i am discouraged and a bit le down by the news . The only saving grace in my opinion is the possibility that the Predalien will be in this and look as kool as the sample pic i saw . So we will have to wait and see if we get a AVP copy with some new lights and bells or a full upgrade of the first movie ...

Aug 23 - 10:11 AM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

You're not. I didn't find AVP to be all that bad; it was stupid sci fi fun for our generation.

As for the title, well, at least it's better than 'Survival of the Fittest'.

Aug 25 - 06:54 AM

crazy4scifi

Brian Iwillnevertell

I found AVP pretty entertaining.The new one should have Arnold doing a cameo of some government expert on the Predator?50 bucks says Lance Henrickson will be back in some form,probably as an android?I'd like to see a remake of that 1983 flick with Scott Glen called The Keep,that would be awesome!But this new AVP flick will be cool,I'll wait for the DVD so I can kick back and watch it with a six pack!

Aug 25 - 10:35 AM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel