—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Ayn Rand - A Sense of Life Reviews

Apeneck F

November 26, 2012
The so-called driving impetus to modern Republican thought (if only it were true!), as well as famous novelist in her own right, is thumbnail biographied here. Interestingly taking an overview of her famous theory involving free thought and action (and her stand against communism) one is lead to certainly consider actually reading her works about uber-men and the women who love them.
Sylvester K

August 24, 2014
The fascinating life of Ayn Rand from the beginning to the end. Ayn Rand- A Sense of Life explores the author of best sellers The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged's philosophy of living on Earth: Objectivism. The film had an excellent editing that combined photos, footage, cartoon animation and manuscripts of Rand in a logical and rational order. The film did not bore me for a single minute. As much as I want to say that the film was made objectively, I felt that it missed out some of the less glamorous aspects and some more autobiographical details. Regardless, it offers a good introduction for beginners of Objectivism.
September 4, 2009
A very thourough documentary about this often-maligned woman's life. From Ayn's birth in Russia (tumultuous times early last C.), schooling, interest in cinema and heroism, her move to America, start in Hollywood, atheism, courtship, marriage, TV interviews, affairs (which her husband allowed), books, uncomfortableness with her accent, fights with producers, etc. Great for anyone wanting to know the origin and fruition of Objectivist philosophy. She is one of the who I am sad I will never be able to be in her company and enjoy an intellectual conversation. (Though I do have say her views on Israel are bass-ackwards, obviously tainted by her ethnic lineage.)
Sylvester K

August 24, 2014
December 17, 2013
For a figure many believe to be quite interesting, this is one seriously bland documentary.
July 13, 2011
ayn rand in her optimistic perfection. rand-philosophy lovers like me will love the documentary, but 2h30 is a little bit too long for those who are being introduced to her work and thoughts.