Baby Boom Reviews

September 6, 2010
This is a good movie about women and the workplace, it has an excellent cast, and it's funny too. I really liked this movie, and I highly recommend it.
thmtsang
August 26, 2007
Diane is a busy business woman who's life is turned upside down when a baby comes along. She retires to the country where she has a bottomless pit of a house. She falls for a vet. She makes baby food which she sells across the country. Funny movie.
½ May 17, 2010
80's films, comedies in particular, seem to be exempt from having to make and sense and be anywhere near plausible, in fact many are all the better for it. Not Baby Boom though, Baby Boom is absolute crap, is insulting and boarders on child abuse (any child having to spend longer than 5 minutes in the company of Diane Keaton should have counselling). Diane Keaton can't do comedy, especially that of the physical kind! The baby is cute though.
MeetMeinMontauk
½ May 24, 2009
Yet another one of those childhood films. Cute, but predictable.
arashxak
½ May 22, 2009
The movie is just as awful as the poster
mwilliams078
½ December 30, 2008
Baby Boom is a good Diane Keaton film from 1987. Diane Keaton plays a high energy business woman in NYC where men rule. One day a long distant relative leaves in his will a bundle of joy to her....a life that was once ruled by corporate power is now with diapers...this is such a good movie worth seeing...I love Diane Keaton!!!
movieguru12
August 4, 2008
Adorable story about how a terribly hard working executive inherits a baby from her dead cousin's family and makes her own business of selling applesauce. Very good constructed script, and Diane Keaton's performance was just fantastic!!!
jjnxn
½ June 20, 2007
Diane Keaton is simply irresistible in this charmer
deano
January 23, 2007
Drably predicatable yarn of workaholic yuppie Diane Keaton 'inheriting' a baby and decamping to the country. Being from the big, bad city, naturally she can't cope with rural life until she finds love and a recipe for baby food she can turn into a successful business. I wonder who wrote this drivel? The baby?
½ December 28, 2006
Good for the ladies.
½ November 9, 2006
I love this movie.
October 29, 2006
this was an ok film! typically happy ending though
July 8, 2007
This is the career woman film of the 80's that I felt really tackled how women more so than men are challenged to be a mom,but yet also want to pursue a career. It presents it in an interesting way and shows how although its hard, it can be done. Love Diane Keaton
July 28, 2009
It's okay for a watch on tv.
½ October 22, 2008
Baby Boom is a cute movie. The story of a workaholic career orientated woman played by Diane Keaton, gets the suprise of her life when she inherits a child from abroad. How her lifestyle changes due to a baby coming in her life is funny and hilarious. A great movie and adorable. :D I liked it alot.
½ February 23, 2010
A terrible eighties movie. It's just too cheesy and the awful music score is showing its age. (First and only viewing - 1/15/2015)
January 6, 2013
Keaton is fabulous in roles like this, where she plays the nervous, infectiously-spastic independent woman who has needs, particularly when they are written with equal parts gushy sweetness and savage wit by Nancy Meyers
March 9, 2012
Baby Boom, there was a movie that came a few years ago under the title Life as We Know It. From what I read, the film was about a couple on the verge of breaking suddenly staying together when they learn inherited a large house and a baby. It sounds very weak and insultingly superficial, right? Well, here comes Baby Boom and that film star Diane Keaton as very successful business woman on the way to the top, who suddenly inherits a child from a family member. This of course is going to be trouble for her especially since he has no knowledge or experience of taking care of a baby, and it obviously gets in the way of her professional career. The film is fairly amusing, funny, and heartwarming with a few racial stereotypes, but I definitely enjoyed Baby Boom. It is definitely sometimes as one knows it in life.
September 7, 2008
A very interesting movie, both funny and serious, dealing with issues of women balancing work and home life. It's a good movie.
December 4, 2011