—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Babylon 5: In the Beginning Reviews

November 20, 2012
i've never seen the series so this was my first viewing of babylon 5. I liked the film and it had a interesting story with interesting characters. made me want to see what the tv show was like.
August 23, 2012
A look back at where it truly all began, also a must see
August 22, 2012
Well obviously you have to be an avid Babylon5 fan to get this. A stunning playback of what happened in the Earth/Minbari war. A very worthwhile addition to the B5 mythos.
July 22, 2012
The start of a great series.
November 23, 2011
Probably the best Sci-Fi series ever made. Much better
than Star Trek since it's not suffering from the Star Trek
pacifist syndrome. There's some real fighting in this one.
lcroya
March 25, 2011
for sci-fi well done ..not a big Boxleitner fan ..but i believe this was some of his best work..worth the watch if your a sci-fi fan
August 21, 2010
I don't think that was a story that children would really enjoy/be able to stay awake for. But it certainly makes me want to see more.
merilon
July 19, 2010
Watch it or be forever uncool.
melanye b.
April 29, 2010
Hmm, I wish I could rate these separately, but I'll have to make do.

The Gathering:

I had the bad fortune to watch this *after* I saw later episodes. I committed the cardinal sin of Sci-Fi Television watching and jumped in to the middle of a show without watching the beginning. Because of this, I did not enjoy this 'movie' (really the Pilot, but I digress). I couldn't get past Delenn. I couldn't accept the unpolished acting, although knowing that this was the first episode, I was willing to be lenient. And I have to admit, while I did like it for what it was, I rarely re-watch it, and my bias against it is purely my fault. I apologize to B5 fans everywhere :(

In The Beginning:

Wow. For someone who was new to the show when they watched this, it was a real treat. I DO re-watch this one often, simply because it's an amazing piece of work. The storytelling style, using a future perspective to explain a past event, was absolutely fantastic. The Grey Council was awesome (and I believe that year in pottery class I made myself a Triluminary :P), and the way the war was illustrated from both sides made it so easy to empathize with both races. I loved the acting, the little nods to the audience, the bits and pieces of different characters that explained so much (Ivanova's brother Ganya, the Narn's involvement, the Centauri's part in the war). This movie was just so full of awesome that for me, it overshadowed much of the series. This is what I show people when they ask 'what's Babylon 5 all about?'

But of course, the best part for me as a casual viewer of the show was finally seeing for myself, the explanation of the best line in the series:

'Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!'

This movie sets up the entire series. It is awesome. That is all.
October 4, 2008
Tells the story of how Earth got involved in the Minbari war, much of the footage has been scene in flashback form or stories during the series.

This was made when the series switched networks so that new fans could 'catch-up' on the story so far.
dax4u
September 15, 2009
LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!!! My life was on hold to see it each week, and everything was designed around, setting down to watch! TOO well written for TV They should run the series on PBS
June 12, 2009
A superb movie for Die-Hard fans of Babylon 5
davidturner2010
May 8, 2009
A very good movie and a must see..
scarleon268
November 26, 2008
A look back at where it truly all began, also a must see
ember22
January 25, 2009
ONLY part of the Babylon 5 movies... and series I havent seen other than "The Lost Tales". Unless you count "Legend of the rangers"... which from having read alot about Babylon 5 i gather most fans dont. I actually had this on DVD along with the Whole series, all the other movies and Cruisade (the unfinished series) but they all dissapeared (where to i don't know and believe me i've looked for them). But I live in hope that one day we'll be reuinted... keeps me going.
December 30, 2008
An average TV movie, that messes with the timeline of the series so don't get it confused or mixed up if your a fan of the show.
nighteaglewarrior1
September 8, 2008
A good movie if you like the series.
MovieGuruDude72
April 16, 2008
I was a closet Babylon 5 fan back in the day. Will get around to seeing this.
Greg