63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

90% Outlander: Season 1

Babylon A.D. Reviews

Madmartigan
September 12, 2014
Great, tough action flick. Diesel in his prime role. Cool futuristic, dystopian story.
AndrewRCraven
January 1, 2011
Stuff blows up. Vin Diesel plays his usual is-he-or-isn't-he hero while Michelle Yeoh takes an odd turn as a near mute third-string character. But really the only thing that matters in this movie: stuff blows up. 11/26/9
Markjamesolvera88
July 29, 2014
a decent action movie. the story was a bit loopy and had no structure.
April 24, 2014
Tout est de la faute des studios avec cet echec cuisant. C'est de la faute des studios si le scenario est d'une betise a manger du foin, si les acteurs comme Michelle Yeoh ou Mark Strong sont sous-utilises, si la production design est totalement a la ramasse, si le rythme du film rivalise de nullite avec les DTV periode 2003-2005 de Steven Seagal, si aucun plan n'est correctement cadre, si les acteurs sont nuls comme des cochons... Passons sur le maquillage de Gerard Depardieu, sur Charlotte Rampling en arch-nemesis aussi ridicule qu'agacante, sur le casting de Lambert Wilson en savant un peu fou puisque ce n'est clairement pas la faute de Mathieu Kassovitz mais a 100% de la Fox. Apres tout, apres Metisse, Gothika et Assassins, on sait tous que Mathieu Kassovitz est le meilleur realisateur de l'Histoire du Cinema.
October 6, 2008
Room for improvement exists, but I really enjoyed it.
March 23, 2014
Parts of it were actually pretty good but the ending just turned into complete nonsense and you can't help feeling that you wasted an hour and a half of your life.
Sgt. Cockstrain
February 24, 2014
(34%)
Not as dire as many claim, as it's just a forgettable slice of routine sci-fi with a weak plot and nothing really special about anything. Diesel is fine, but the action is below average, and some of the ideas are really poor as the script wants to have its cake and eat it almost constantly with characters being blown up only then for them to come back with bits of wire strapping on their arms like almost nothing even happened. For me this is an OK flick, but I can see why people hate it.
February 11, 2014
A film that could have been much better but as it is it's entertaining enough and Vin Diesel delivers his usual muscle acting gig.
Chris T.
July 10, 2013
Nonsensical trash. DO NOT WATCH it is complete and utter garbage!
December 13, 2013
Competent but uninspired futuristic (and dystopian) actioner, with the gravelly voiced Vin Diesel as a mercenary hired to escort a young woman and her guardian from a remote convent in Kazakhstan to New York City.

Pity most of the plot makes little to no sense, and seems to be pilfering whole-sale from the likes of "The Fifth Element", "Blade Runner" and even "Children of Men"!
December 9, 2013
Mathieu Kassovitz, the director (or better known as an actor), said he hated it. Well, not as bad as thought; it at the very least did its part out of the same genre.
muffin0681
July 2, 2013
I own this on DVD in a five movie pack along with:
* I. Robot
* Sunshine (2007)
* The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)
* In Time (2011)
December 6, 2013
What a flaming turd. Succch potential gone to waste. I would love to read the book.
December 11, 2010
Somewhere between Children of Men and The Chronicles of Riddick lives Babylon A.D. In a dystopian future an outcast mercenary named Toorop takes the high risk job of escourting a girl and her guardian halfway around the world to NYC. When the girl begins exhibiting bizarre behavior and powers, Toorop must decide if completing his msision is the right thing to do. I thought this film had an interesting concept, but that a proper backstory was lacking. The result was that I felt like I was watching the second movie of a trilogy with no proper introduction to the odd world I found myself viewing.
November 6, 2013
Fortunately I watched this movie before reading the reviews. Problem with movie reviewers is that they are more interested in using cliches and intelligent sounding phrases than they are in actually providing a practical review to a movie.
January 20, 2011
I didn't leave this moving understanding much about the plot, but I did leave knowing that the screenplay was bad and the action is substandard. It's a shoddy, unoriginal sci-fi folly.
Jase W.
October 7, 2013
I guess the Director forgot to pay off the critics... I saw this movie resonantly and thought it was excellent. The ending was a little weak but other than that it was a a good movie and worth seeing.
September 25, 2013
In the right hands I think this could have been a lot better. The hands of Ridley Scott.
Dave J
September 23, 2013
Monday, September 23, 2013

(2008) Babylon A.D.
SCIENCE-FICTION/ ACTION

This is nothing but a poor variation of better science-fiction movies from "Blade Runner" to "A.I." to "Total Recall" and many more and the reason is because it's one of those movies which producers allowed Vin Diesel to make some changes that are adapted to his persona instead of considering what the audience is going to think. Co-written and directed by Mathieu Kassovitz starring Vin Diesel as Toorop who was a professional trafficker/transporter of some sort. Hired by a fellow bad guy boss to transport a girl from Russia to New York city aided and assisted by Michelle Yeoh as Sister Rebeka. It was at this point I started to doze off mainly because much of the movie consisted of very boring chase scenes and dialogue better seen from other films just because let's just say Vin Diesel is not been given the best kind of dialogue or that his persona is not the most appealing to specific movies and genres and this one happens to be one of them. For it's like the producers were allowing Vin Diesel to act the same way in this one from the character he portrayed in "The Fast And Furious" which just doesn't mix- it's like listening and seeing a dumb guy acting smart. It's like getting Sly Stallone to play Einstein or to play a scientist. And all the technology stuff doesn't work either for it's boring and mediocre at best. And I just want to say that Michelle Yeoh never looked so lousy and uninteresting before.

1 out of 4 stars.
April 5, 2012
I'll be renting this one.