The Babysitters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

May 30, 2011
Cute girls but Very disappointing. 3 stars
Japes
May 16, 2011
Such a weird, dirty movie.

There isn't really an ending to it; the movie just kind of....ends. Like the director said "okay guys, that's good enough. Let's just stop here." So many unanswered questions and plot holes.

The characters are all pretty unlikable. Shirley's character evolved from a sweet innocent adolescent into a slutty greedy bitch towards the end. The whole movie didn't really have a point. A bunch of girls babysit kids then afterwards screw the fathers and get paid extra for it. There's no dilemma here. The movie focuses mainly on the affairs, and not on anything else. So we never know how the father's family react to the affair (if they even ever found out), we never know if Shirley made enough money for college or whatever, and we don't know if any of the father's ever got caught or not. It's just teenagers sexing up middle aged men. It's kind of disturbing and gross. It's a stupid movie really. Nothing happens. You walk away going "Whaaaaaat theeee fuuuuckkkk did I just watch?"

Yeah, dumb movie for sure. I only watched it FTR because I was sick and I had a Netflix marathon. I watched every single movie on my queue. It was awesome....except for this movie. This movie was not awesome.
October 16, 2010
Quite an average film in the end, more of a drama. One for the trailer made it look a lot better category that's for sure.
June 1, 2009
Initially I thought this was going to be a tawdry attempt to recapture the genius of "Heathers." It was not. It was also not, as some might assume, a "skin flick." If you are looking for that there is very little here so look elsewhere.
Mid-life crisis meets teenage angst.
Here the teens are searching for a way to express themselves as well as turn a profit and the middle-aged men are portrayed as, well...quite pathetic.
The story takes some very interesting turns as the plotline begins with our 'protagonist,' Shirley and her crush on the Father (John Leguizamo) on one of her babysitting jobs.
Their tryst turns into much more as Shirley's OCD sharpened mind organizes a scheme breaking all the socially acceptable mores set in sexually repressed suburbia. Supply and demand meets moral turpitude.
There are more than a few surprises and the performances are quite good. In addition, the tone set by direction and cinematography lend itself to realism as we are both drawn in and repulsed by what is happening.
This is a sharply written commentary and one that you should watch if you get the chance.
April 5, 2009
This movie starts out with what seems to be a strong plot...

A troubled teen and her troubled friends start a babysitting service that focuses on something far from babysitting, when the fathers take the sitters home, stachatory rape and adultry become the movies theme. It was interesting to say the least, but that's about where the movie ends....

There's not solid ending what so ever on the movie, its a great plot with a dead end story, no follow up story, and a lot of bad actors aside from John Leguizamo.

Overall: This movie is seems like a movie that had a good idea and let it all go to waste. It's one of the possibly best movies that turned into the worse, that I ever seen....
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
½ March 11, 2009
"These girls mean business."

A teenager turns her babysitting service into a call-girl service for married guys after fooling around with one of her customers.

REVIEW
A disengaging little movie about high school girls who do more than babysitting kids. The movie as a whole is pretty much uninspired, with no character development with the lead whatsoever. One day she's a shy, cute high school girl the next she's a wildfire screwing everything that moves. The process that took her from shy, anal retentive girl to a wildfire of a woman is just done in one scene, there was just no point to it. I won't spoil the movie in here but the "climactic" scene at the end was so far fetched it felt like the writer/directer lost his focus and just slapped that in as a quick fix to end the movie.

I'm really shocked that someone actually wrote and directed this. That sort of implies that the creator was heavily invested. This is like a love letter to pedophiles all over the world.
October 24, 2011
Honest yet undeniably misfired, The Babysitters plays too much on the idea of pimps and hoes instead of aiming at the idea of misguided youth searching for meaning in their lives. The plot grows repetitious with constant shifts in the girls and their attitudes towards one another along with their feelings towards their new found jobs. The motivation of the characters is weak, leaving me skeptical throughout the entire film. The backstabbing seems misguided and uneventful and the ending is downright horrible. John Lequizamo has his moments as do many of the girls, but this film completely misses its mark.
½ June 7, 2009
Under-developed story with no real plot or any story at all really. It also had very poor character development to the degree that you didn't even care what happened to any of them.
DrLappos
½ May 23, 2009
High school goody goody myseriously turns into a hard faced madame overnight whilst sleeping with as many middle aged blokes as she and her friends can...whilst babysitting......hmmmm. Totally improbable and a waste of such a potentially good film. The premis could really have been explored so much more which would have made this such a good film but they failed. They could have gone down the comedy route and it would have been great, they could have made it edgy and hard and that would have been great, they just seemed to wash it out completely and thats a shame. If your a 50 year old pervert looking to watch 17 year old girls topless this is for you.....
September 7, 2009
Wow. Needless to say I was surprised when I saw this film about a teenage babysitter sleeps with her boss and then decides to turn it into a business. Need someone to watch your kids AND sleep with your husband while you're away? Then the Babysitters is the group for you! What made it more scandalous than the premise already was, was how eager the other girls were to be a part of the business. I didn't really take any life lesson out of it, other than that it seems that there are a lot more hoes in high school than I thought =/
iLeo
½ January 7, 2008
Here's an interesting story plot that centralizes around one young aspiring high school student who becomes involved with an older, married family man. Their affair becomes consistent, and it creates a sort of dating-under-the cover of babysitting children for married men. John Leguizamo and Cynthia Nixon stars. Worth seeing!
December 19, 2015
Although it doesn't quite live up to its premise, it's still a risky movie that pays off. It's terrible ending and somewhat rushed conclusion is the only thing holding this back.
June 22, 2015
This movie is pretty reminiscent of the 1990's "Indie" movie boom. People like Todd Solondz come to mind...It wasn't done as well as, say, your average Parker Posey flick but it is kind of cool to get to see a film like that out of its era. The leading lady is really, really cute....and in truth thats what carries the film. It's not that great otherwise.
November 21, 2008
This was a strange mix of a lot of things. It felt as though it took about 10% from each of 10 different movies I've ever seen. It also felt much longer than its 1:22 of real screen time. I'm not sure why. Perhaps because, ultimately, this subject matter was just a bit too disturbing.
September 11, 2014
An interesting look at an enterprising young babysitter who finds a product many men with young children are in search of and willing to pay for: high-school chicks who put out. Trouble is, one of her girls goes into business for herself and is better at it. And one of the dad's falls for the enterprising young lass. Not a terrible movie though the subject matter may upset some.
December 8, 2013
I only give 5's and 1's because middle of the road is useless to everyone. If you're looking for some entertainment with a llittle sex (and i know you all are) this is a fine movie. Good twists. Keeps moving. Thats what you want in. Film.
½ November 4, 2013
David Ross' The Babysitters is awkwardly paced and poorly scripted with a tone that never finds it's rhythm, but amidst the chaos and flaws, there are some things to enjoy here. The acting of the main two characters is much better than I expected it to be and Ross has a few good points he manages to present... But overall, this film is quite disjointed. Bottom line, if you're bored, there's much worse you could be watching... But there is also much, much better... I can't recommend it.
June 3, 2013
This movie made me realize how twisted society can be this day in age. That was not only strange, but it felt illegal just watching it. There wasn't any thing remarkable about it, but I'm still in shock of the events that occurred. The ending was probably the strangest part and if you are watching with a parent or family member, be prepared for extreme awkwardness.
May 18, 2013
I did enjoy this movie but I wish there was an actual ending to this movie. It just kind of ended...
½ November 8, 2012
The story line left a bit to be desired, but the acting wasn't too awful. It's a time filler movie and that's about it.