Back to the Future - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Reviews

Page 3 of 2039
October 25, 2015
Funny, well shot, and well acted, it stands as a cinematic classic that manages to be timeless.
October 24, 2015
Perfect adventure movie which contains such fun elements as time travel, juvenile in the centre of the time trouble and crazy genius scientist. Wonderful blend. A classic, never dating.
November 10, 2010
One of the best "Boy has an adventure" films ever !!!!!!!!!
October 22, 2015
Back to the Future has almost became legendary over the last few years. It seems everyone loves this movie and look at it in an almost mythical light. But most of these fans grew up with this movie. When you look at the classic movies of today such as Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Jaws. These movies are classic because they have a nostalgic presence to most of the audience that rewatches them. However I am not one of these people, I do not feel nostalgia when I watch this movie because I didnt grow up with it. Because of this my review will not be bias in anyway and I will judge the movie for what it is.

So did it hold up to hype? The answer is absolutely. On paper Back to the Future is nothing new or special, the word mediocre even comes to mind when I think of the script. And to be honest it was. Back to the Future is cheesy but it doesn't try to hide it, it embraces it.

Back to the Future refuses to take itself to serious and this leads to some great scenes. This movie allows itself to be filled with humor and creativity that normally is stayed away from. This created a fun environment in which this movie thrived in.

In conclusion Back to the Future is a must see fun movie that can appeal to all ages.
I give this an A+/100.
March 7, 2007
80s classic. great film for the family.
½ October 22, 2015
* Everything about this movie is fun. From Christopher Lloyds portrayal of Doc Brown to the whole concept of Marty and his mum in 1955.
* During the final 30 minutes there are several "false finishes" which really has the audience rooting for Marty & Doc.
October 22, 2015
A timeless classic that's as fun and inventive and funny as it was 30 years ago. Back to the Future is arguably one of the best blockbusters of all time.
November 12, 2014
A classic, and one of the quintessential films of the 1980s. It truly is a wonder of time travel as it makes 116 minutes seem like 20.
August 31, 2012
One of the best movies ever made!
July 12, 2007
A near perfect film and one of my favorite movies of all time. Smartly crafted adventure with humour, heart and iconic americana. It's a masterpiece.
October 21, 2015
A timeless classic, that has held up incredibly well.
March 2, 2010
Is Back to the Future perfect? I can't think of anything wrong with it.
½ October 22, 2007
"Back To The Future" es un cuento inmortal, fantástico, disparatado y muy entretenido sobre viajes en el tiempo con subtextos edípicos, que es energizado gracias a las notables actuaciones de Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson y Crispin Glover.
October 21, 2015
A true cinematic classic, they don't make movies like this anymore!
May 30, 2014
Probably my all-time favorite, if not definitely in my top 5. It's inventive, it's feel-good, has iconic scenes and memorable characters,a badass and epic theme song, and has probably my favorite line in any movie quote ever. "Roads? Where We're Going We Don't Need Roads"
½ October 20, 2015
Few films have managed to transform from a blockbuster to a cultural milestone, like "Jurassic Park", "Star Wars", "Jaws", "E.T"., etc. But the classic that celebrates its 30 anniversaryin 2015 is the beloved "Back to the Future".
Set in 1985, Marty MccFly is teenager who hangs around with a scientist named Doctor Brown, a man who manages to create the first time machine. After some circumstances, Marty finds himself trapped in 1955, thus beginning a quest to return to his era.
Have you ever thought about remaking Frank Capra´s beloved classic "It's a Wonderful Life" but with a simple science fiction twist added and mixing it with a Spielberg like directing? Well the result of this whimsical experiment is the beloved 1985 Zemeckis´s classic. "Back to the Future" counts with acting that's perfect for the tone of the film (even an extremely hammy presence like Christopher Lloyd fits in) with the greatest being Crispin Glover and Michael J. Fox, hilarious characters, a big amount of hilarious pop culture jokes, Zemeckis´s direction has a Spielberg like sensibility, a perfect setting for each decade, a screenplay that's the definition of "Screenwriting 101" but still is charming, an appropriate use of music, a beautiful theme song, a serviceable cinematography, an amazing plot that takes completely advantage of time travel and goes for a more dramedy take (unlike most time travel films that are about action), iconic scenes/visuals, and it counts with an extremely satisfying climax. While at times the juvenile vibe works, there are moments where it is groan inducing, particularly the 80s segments of the film; and at times the basic script is a little frustrating with its high amount of basic heavy handed parallels and amount of setups.
"Back to the Future" demonstrates that sometimes simplicity is the right approach. It is cartoony and over the top but funny, memorable and delightful. It truly deserves the status it has today. A charming film that will continue to charm future generations.
February 23, 2008
How can you not love this movie?! Its influence over pop culture is huge, and it deserves its spot among the most entertaining movies of all time.
October 20, 2015
ˇla mejor pelicula de todos los tiempos!
Page 3 of 2039