—— The Identical Sep 05

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Back to the Future Part II Reviews

Eugene B

July 24, 2013
Very futuristic and broad in direction, Back to the Future Part II is adventurous, even though it doesn't compare to the impact the first installment provided. Fox and Lloyd once again partner up and make a great team in Zemeckis' sci-fi picture. 4/5
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 6, 2007
Excellent part two to the triology. Doc takes Marty into the future to save Marty's kids, but they end up in a different parallel life due to Biff changing history back in 1950s. So they have to go back in time. Exciting ride, full of adventure. Doc gets lost in the past.
Raymond W

February 7, 2012
The second part to the Back to the Future trilogy is more confusing, cheesy, and hokey than the first one (especially the aging make-up), but it's still lots of fun. It's future scenes are definitely clunky, and are probably the most confusing of all the scenes in the movie. But when they have fun, so do we, and that's the whole point of this second part.
Graham J

December 12, 2011
In my opinion, the BTTF sequel is superior to the first installment. The twisting and turning plotline may seem confusing to some but it is ultimately more rewarding. Also this may be the only time I've actually enjoyed mass product placement in a film.
blkbomb
blkbomb

May 13, 2011
Doc: Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

"Synchronize your watches. The futures coming back..."

Part II is almost as good as the first one, but that is a lot to live up to. It manages to have the same classic 80's feel and pull of the extremely fun premise once again. What I love most about the second part to the trilogy is the fact that the last third of the movie is played over the events of the first movie. So Marty has to run around with the new plot developments as a different Marty runs around doing the things he needed to do in the first movie.

In this one, Marty and Doc travel all around from 1985 to 2015, back to 1985 and then back to 1955. At first we are given the problem of Marty and Jennifer's kids getting into trouble in 2015. Then when they arrive back in 1985, the city is in ruins and Biff is extremely rich. Now Marty must travel back to 1955 in order to stop Biff from ever obtaining his wealth and causing a chain of events to happen.

This is just another extremely fun movie and like the first one, it just doesn't get old. Sure the series goes downhill in Part III when they decide to take the story into the Old West, but the first two could not be more perfect. They complement each other perfectly. Part I and II is probably the best double feature out there. It's pure entertainment. I have never heard anyone say that the first two movies are bad. I'm sure they exist, so I'm glad I haven't met a person who didn't like these movies yet.

Another classic and up there with the first one as two of my favorite movies ever.
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 24, 2008
Marty & Doc go back to the year 1955 to prevent events that should have never have happened from happening such as Marty's father being dead & Biff married to Marty's mother, Lorraine. Marty & Doc also have to get Gray's Sports Almanac back from Biff. This movie was a great continuum from the first one :) It definitely is another great bttf film :) :) :) :) :) :)
Alexander D

June 28, 2011
Good
Eric A

July 31, 2011
Stayed original for the most part, but had a different flavor to it. I liked how they tied in future time travel with the past, COOL!
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

May 22, 2011
Back To The Future Part II is a terrific follow up to the classic original. After the events of the first film, Doc Brown comes back from the future and tells Marty to prevents a series of bad events he must travel with him to the future to the year 2015. Thus begins a brand new adventures filled with more laughs and entertainment. Back To The Future Part II is a well crafted sequel, and Robert Zemeckis keeps the film entertaining and thrilling with terrific visuals, great comedy and a good story. Theres never any dull moments in this second entry, and it delivers an awesome two hour viewing experience. The film is a well written and plotted sequel. Back To The Future Part II is definitely a treat for fans who've seen the first but haven't seen this entry. Back To The Future Part II is definitely a well crafted sequel. The cast do a fine job and the story has more misadventures as Doc Brown and Marty try to fix the future, but ultimately disrupts the past. A terrific plot unfolds and the film is always exciting and thrilling even after multiple viewings.Robert Zemeckis still has the magic touch which made the first so good. The film is full of imagination and funny bits. The film starts off a bit slow, but quickly picks up and ends on a high note. A wonderful sequel to a phenomenal classic. Back To The Fture Part II is a terrific film that has a terrific story and good acting with good directing and pacing. Back To The Future Part II is a wonderfully crafted sequel that remains a classic and one of the best of three films.
Jennifer X

May 29, 2007
This is actually a really awful movie and I don't really appreciate Elisabeth Shue taking over as Jennifer, but I've gotta say, there is that nostalgia factor. I am pretty much in love with 80s era-Michael J. Fox.
Movie Monster
Movie Monster

March 28, 2011
Watching the "Back to the Future" trilogy is like crossing an old, rickety bridge. It starts off smooth, gets rough in the middle, and you start getting your hope in the rough part and cross the bridge saftely. Okay, this probably isn't the best simile I can come up with but this is how I would put the events in the trilogy. If you've seen this one, you probably understood the simile.

Part 2 follows Doc Brown and Marty McFly as they travel to the year 2015, thirty years after the events in the first film. They must prevent Marty's future son from going to jail. While that happens, the future Biff Tannen gets ahold of the DeLorean and goes back to 1955, changes the events in the first film, and creates an alternate, dystopian, 1985. What do Doc and Marty got to do? Go back to 1955 and fix up the screw-ups Biff made.

This is my type of movie. As much as I liked the first entry, I thought this was a bit better. RT's Tomatometer disagrees with me on that. This is the intense, nail-biting sequel. A very worthy sequel as well. The rough part of crossing the bridge represent the intense events in the film. Bet ya didn't know that Zemeckis and Gale did not want to make a sequel but were forced by Universal Studios to do so. They did it very well. Everything was great about this sequel except the abscense of Crispin Glover. Not even the archive footage can make up for his loss.

Definetley a better sequel. Great film with an excellent structure.

"Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!"
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 16, 2011
A bad sequel to the great original, but not a horrible movie
AJ V

September 6, 2010
Back to the Future is 80s movie perfection for me, but the sequel doesn't have that feeling for me. I like it because it's fun, continues the story as promised in the end of the original, and has a lot of cool futuristic stuff. Overall, it's a good movie, worth seeing if you liked the first, but don't expect it to be just as good. Also, they replaced at least two or three of the original actors, which was disappointing.
michael e.
michael e.

January 18, 2011
its almost just as good as the original, though more poeple would consider this and the third movie are just rehashes of the first movie though some of the parts are but at the same time its not
Nicki M

December 7, 2007
Not as good as the first, but what sequel ever is? (Well okay, a few, but it's a rare thing!). Still enjoyable. Elizabeth Shue is good as the replacement Jennifer, even though I liked the first one, who couldn't continue here for personal reasons.
Lea Thompson, again, steals the show, as Marty's Mum, who is now a grandmother and an alcoholic.
The scenes of 2015 were good, obviously not correct, but not too far off in some cases. Scary to think the "future" is now so close - back when I first watched this in the 80's, it seemed impossibly far off!
As with the first one, good fun movie with a few laughs and likeable cast. Can't really rate it any higher than 3 1/2, but still an 80's classic!
Sophie B

November 27, 2010
A good continuation of the series. No way as good or as thrilling as the first but I really like to continuity of the characters, and the situations they find themselves in. The "To Be Continued" was really cheesy though.
KJ P

January 11, 2010
Almost as good as the original, but it fails to keep the same amount of freshness, however, that does not harm the film in any way. Another brilliant entry into the soon to be trilogy. The perfect sequel that we all could have hoped for. Many plots and years travelled through in this film, and with unfinished plot lines, the third can't go wrong! Back To The Future Part: II rocks!
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

July 3, 2007
Time-traveling has never been as exciting, cool and fun as it is in the Back to the Future movies. Altough this one isn't as amazing as the original, it's still a great sequel that I can watch just as many times. It's just too bad the year 2015 won't be as awesome in real life. No flying cars, no holograms and certainly no hoverboards. But who knows, maybe in another 20 years or so ;-)
Spencer S

January 24, 2010
This is my favorite of the trilogy. The film makers weren't planning on making any other films after the first, but thank God they did. There's back tracking from the original, new plot twists, comedy, and a whole lotta confusion. Love it!
Richard C