Bait Shop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bait Shop Reviews

½ September 6, 2012
My dad used to have a fishing business in 1999. Now my dad still loves fishing until now, everything about fish. This movie kinda remembered me how fun fishing is!

The story is simple, funny, interesting plot and Billy Ray Cyrus very good in being arrogant and such a annoying person. Very entertaining movie!
January 13, 2012
Had some funny points, not a bad storyline. Could be a-little better though
February 13, 2011
This movie isn't horrible, but it's still a very mostly unfunny, kind of boring and poorly acted film. The film doesn't really take any chances, the jokes are ones that we've seen a million times before and done much better. The only joke the was funny, was the one at the end. This film is a pass unless you are an enthusiastic fisherman.

3.7/10
½ December 27, 2010
Good flix for fisherman. Very bad acting tho!!
½ April 6, 2010
Okay, so it's a comedy about bass fishing, starring Billy Ray Cyrus. That's just what it is. And against all odds, it's rather enjoyable.
March 31, 2010
I'm giving this a 4 out of 5 rating cause really, I get the humour in the movie and I liked it. And Billy Ray Cyrus's acting was hilarious. His character was over the top I think but then it fit the tone of the antagonist well. He played a character we all love to love but also hate. As for Bill Engvall's character, you gotta laugh at times at his misfortunes but he plays the underdog well and does end up doing well, beyond all belief.

As this movie is about fishing and a bass fishing tournament, it is mostly for people that can appreciate this type of environment and humour, but if you can enjoy it, I'd recommend it as it can make you laugh quite a bit.
½ February 2, 2010

January 22, 2010
Had some funny points, not a bad storyline. Could be a-little better though
January 1, 2010
pretty good for a cheezy TV movie. some of the acting was bad but that is to be expected. biggest drawback was billy ray cyrus. couldn't act his way out of a paper bag
January 1, 2010
i like to fish and it looks good
½ October 17, 2009
awesome movie should watch even if you dont like fishing i dont but still enjoyed this movie
September 25, 2009
This movie is just okay.
½ September 2, 2009
August 16, 2009
This is for every guy that has sat through every chick flick and female drama TV Shows out there.. I'm giving this a perfect rating because it's a new breeze of fresh air, there's not alot of fishing movies out there.. If your a fan of Happy Gilmour then you'll love Bait Shop.. Plus alot of guys can relate to both Billy Ray and Bill Engvall.. If you know Bill Engvall then you'll know the hidden " Here's Your Sign" moment, plus in one quick scene they used the interior of Bass Pro Shop as Hot Rod Johnson's store. It's a down to earth film with no high tech special effects or any sex symbols.. I honestly want to see a Bait Shop 2, cuz it's an enjoyable film for the whole family.. I highly highly reccomend Bait Shop to everyone..
½ July 26, 2009
It was alright. I laughed out loud only like 2 times.
½ June 4, 2009
Fairly funny but probably only enough for once. I liked the mullet song being in there. That's always fun.
½ May 29, 2009
this was an awesome comedy
April 13, 2009
didn't like it that much
March 28, 2009
Watch the first 5 minutes and then ditch the movie and go fishing!