45% The Other Woman Apr 25

—— Godzilla May 16
—— X-Men: Days of Future Past May 23

The Ballad of Gregorio Cortez Reviews

March 27, 2009
This movie is alright. The book by Americo Paredes is better. This is about the many versions of what happened with Gregorio Cortez. The facts are not certain in the movie, but when you read Paredes' book you understand more of the truth. Gregorio Cortez was a real man living on the border, along the Rio Grande. He just so happened to go through an incident that would change his life forever. This takes place at the turn of the century during a time of discrimination. The problems arise all because of a little miscommunication.
July 19, 2012
This Movie and Mi Familia Are tw movies that , I think, every Chicano family should see
December 11, 2012
great, but underrated film, many vivid scenes and cinematography, well acted, absorbing story based on true story, may be the genesis of song, "I shot the sherriff, but I didn't shoot the deputy", rilly enjoyed this tale of an intrepid man and a horse who evade capture by a huge posse of angry Texans in hot pursuit until, at the last minute just before he crosses the border, he is betrayed by a fellow Mexican
Maria R.
November 27, 2010
I was so deeply affected by this movie that I made a commitment to become a professional translator. I have done so for the last 25 year in fact. This movie is so real to us who grew up listening to stories of Gregorio and the simple mistake that affected so many. The cinematography is absolutely spectacular as well as the music score. Bravo! Love the movie and would watch it proudly as a Texan and Mexican.