Balls of Fury - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Balls of Fury Reviews

September 20, 2012
One of those movies that makes you wonder why the hell anyone would make something like this. It wasn't funny at all, and I wasted an hour and a half of my life.
TheDudeLebowski65
November 14, 2011
Balls of Fury may not be the best comedy, but it is lots of fun despite the fact that the plot is stupid. If you're in the mood for a mindless comedy, Balls of Fury may be that comedy to watch. The jokes are funny and despite the fact that it lacks a little something to really make it a great comedy film, Balls of Fury is simply a fun film. Sure this won't win any prizes, but for what it is; it's a fun time waster that has some good laughs. Dan Fogler is pretty funny, but Christopher Walken steals the show. Overall Balls of Fury is a good comedy that is better than what people have said about the film. The best way to describe the film is that it's good natured, mindless fun. And if you're looking for a good time waster, Balls of Fury will be that film. Not perfect, but it has enough laughs to keep you entertained. I enjoyed this film for what it was, and if you can look past the fact that it's very silly, you're to enjoy it too. As far as comedy films are concerned, Balls of Fury may not be the best, but it definitely isn't the worst. Enjoyable even if it's flawed in its conception. Balls of Fury is an average comedy with good laughs, just don't expect anything great, expect something fun and entertaining and that's what you get with this film. A fun film that is fun to watch with friends.
DreamExtractor
August 17, 2011
Terrible movie, really stupid. The plot was dumb, The cast was terrible. But Christopher Walken was great, really great as a villain, I loved him. Overall a bad movie, but Christopher Walken was great.
September 4, 2007
This is poor stuff, funny in afew spots but just stupid. I think every possible sport has been spoofed now. This isn't good like 'Kingpin', its not even based around the sport in real terms, its total fantasy which makes it bad and daft. The cast is miscast, Fogler is just another funny fat man the studios have brought in to replace Black who is going alittle serious. His look has been done with Belushi and Farley (and Black). The ending is sooo lame you want them to redo it haha the only nice thing here is Maggie Q.
½ July 29, 2010
C-
February 5, 2010
I thought the idea could have went to o many more imaginary places towards the end, instead of a bridge!?
FiLmCrAzY
½ September 4, 2007
i reall enjoyed this movie i found entertaining silly and hilarious!
Areal light hearted movie to watch on a rainy day!
its mainly about ping pong and the cops want to get inside a private but neccessary ping pong compitition to get hold off Walkens evil character!
A nice ligth hearted silly movie that is fun and enjoyable with a watch!
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
½ August 31, 2007
"A huge comedy with tiny balls"

A disgraced former ping pong champion is drawn back into the world of high-stakes table tennis to carry out a top-secret mission in the feature directorial debut of Reno 911! writer/director Ben Garant. Far removed from the rigidly regulated world of professional sports, clandestine ping pong tournaments offer thrilling competition where only the strong survive. There was a time when the mere mention of the name Randy Daytona (Dan Fogler) was enough to make even those most hardened ping pong player cower in fear, but these days Randy has fallen out of favor with ping-pong fans. The former champ soon receives a much-needed shot at redemption, however, when he is recruited by a determined FBI agent named Rodriguez (George Lopez) to win a coveted spot in the upcoming underground table tennis tournament and ferret out the nefarious Feng (Christopher Walken), whose thriving criminal empire has transformed him into a true menace to society.

Review
There is absolutely no salvation for this abomination of comedic film. It's not even so stupid it's funny, its just really stupid. Thomas Lennon (Lt. Dangle from Reno 911) is just about the only character with any humor. The blind guy has no funny parts either, you basically have to force yourself to laugh. The main character is as drab as he is two-dimensional. This was an opportunity to be a good film, but it just doesn't even come close. Christopher Walken has once again embarrassed himself, not for being bad, for continually appearing in third rate films. He has never turned down a movie offer, and I respect that, but could he just stop doing things like this? There are only two positives in this movie, Maggie Q is hot, and Thomas Lennon's performance, other than that, it's basically worse than Gigli.
½ December 24, 2007
A so-so spoof film of many different martial arts films from Karate Kid, Kickboxer and mainly Enter the Dragon. It has it moments, but unless you are a fan of spoof films or martial arts films it pokes fun at you might not like it. Maggie Q does well in her role though.
½ October 14, 2008
Goofy fun, and a sexy Maggie Q certainly helps a bit, too.
August 29, 2008
It's a sports comedy so you know mostly what to expect. Luckily though the Enter the Dragon influence also chucks in some surprises, such as a twist on the showdown the whole film builds up to. Mostly though it's a film with little going for it but does have some hysterical one-liners as opposed to comedy classic scenes. Maggie Q is also great because she is Maggie Q. The film certainly squeezes in enough moments of guilty pleasure to justify its existence even if Walken is disappointingly flat. "I'm gonna save the panda...panda's dead"
Gx7
½ February 22, 2008
Silly, but it wasnt really that funny all throughout. It had a number of funny scenes but it wasnt enough to make it that good of a comedy. Todays teen generation might like this better tho.
deano
August 28, 2007
It's like Enter the Dragon with ping-pong! Good and fast furious comedy in table tennis movie with Dan Fogler who improves on his awful recent turn in Good Luck Chuck to play the hero. Maggie Q is fantastic and sexy in her action between ping-pong and martial arts and James Hong is quite funny as a blind master that made me laugh.
RCCLBC
February 15, 2008
Silly, mindless fun.

Good for a few chuckles (mostly Walken related), but there were no 'laugh out loud' moments for me here.
August 28, 2007
I really wanted to love this movie. Christopher Walken was great as always. Dan Fogler was an interesting watch and Maggie Q is simply beautiful (as was Aisha Tyler). There were actually a few moments that inspired laughter, but...not nearly enough. They were shooting for camp and came up with crap.
I had to spread this one out over a period of three days to get through it.
Trying to parody, "Enter The Dragon" in many parts-this movie simply falls short in way too many areas.
If you want to see a good parody of "Enter the Dragon" check out "A Fistful of Yen" in the movie, "Kentucky Fried Movie." THAT captured the flavor.
The long and the short of this movie...they didn't push it nearly far enough or in other words...not enough balls.
August 28, 2007
If I spent money to see this I would've actually asked for said money back. I was expecting something fun considering part of the Reno 911! crew wrote and directed it. Instead it comes off as more of a bad spoof of Enter the Dragon involving ping pong instead of martial arts. Not even the Patton Oswalt cameo pulled this one out of the port-a-potty for me. But I now know that Christopher Walken no longer has any street cred and I will make a conscious effort to avoid any comedy that he's in. That Def Leppard thing at the end was embarrassing.
December 22, 2007
In a satire film like this you think there would be more jokes.
Beefy
½ August 28, 2007
Starts out funny and then loses steam right when it ought to be peaking. James Hong is hilarious and steals every scene he's in.
August 28, 2007
Mildly entertaining at best.