Bambi Reviews

½ May 27, 2015
To watch this movie is to walk into the greatest water color nature paintings ever! I will sit through the heavy handed eco-friendly story again just for the visuals alone!
May 12, 2015
This film is regarding as one of the classics of animation and while some modern audiences may consider the pacing too slow and story too thin, there is still beauty and elegance in what has been managed to be achieved on screen.
½ April 25, 2015
I think Bambi could've benefitted from a somewhat longer running time, but for what it is, it's a very touching and well animated film that I will definitely show my children. Verdict: A
½ April 21, 2015
About as classic as Disney gets, but Bambi is an odd beast. On the one hand you've got the silly, giggly stuff with Thumper and Flower. On the other you've got the famed death of the mother, the "man was in the forest", and the depth of realisation that childhood idylls never last. Yet the juxtaposition works, even though the story is very slight and very linear. The stunning, muted hand-drawn animation helps. Juvenile and heart-wrenching, and a perfect metaphor for childhood.
½ April 10, 2015
(68%)
One of Disney's better remembered early classics plays very much a similar note to one of their more recent classics "The lion king", as the circle of life is the overriding theme here. Although this is much more of a simple plotted watch in which tells its basic, yet captivating tale of nature against the odds placed by man. Some have tamely attacked the negative depiction of man as being too simplistic, too black and white; but the fact remains this is very much taken from the view of a wild deer so how else exactly can man be shown as anything other than a cold killer with a smoking gun is hard to imagine. This isn't one of my top pick Disney outings as I favour their more light-heated features, but I will admit that the animation is fantastic and it has aged very well over the decades becoming more than a little bit timeless.
½ March 12, 2015
Bambi in my opinion is nearly the perfect animation film due to its very touching storyline and deeply cared characters
½ April 27, 2011
Unbelievably cute and emotional, with pleasant and fitting music.
January 16, 2015
Pure, innocent and heartwarming, Bambi is one of those films in which you simply sit back and relax, submerging yourself in the beauty of everything that is shown to you :D
February 9, 2015
Bambi is a truly timeless classic as heartfelt, moving and, dare I say, profound in 2015 as it was nearly seventy-five years ago. It remains one of Disney's best and one of animation's greatest treasures.
January 29, 2015
One of the most beautiful, painful, understated animations on the Disney roster, Bambi is an indelible achievement. Full review later.
½ July 31, 2009
Bambi is a beautiful ode to sweetness and innocence. Clearly aimed for very young viewers, the film has managed over the years to become one of the most famous and well known films from the Disney catalogue. I highly recommend it for young children who will enjoy the story and characters.
January 22, 2015
Be warned: this review may scare Disney lovers and most people in general.

I must confess, I do not find bambi overly special. In fact, for a disney animated feature, its quite boring. Nothing really happens to bambi. I mean he's forced away from his mother, meets scamper and then mommy dies. Thats not entirely interesting. I also believe the film is the least superior of the studio's golden age with every film, excluding the package features, exceding Bambi in almost every regard. I can accept the enormous historical influence this film has had on the genre, I just dont believe the screenplay is as good as Walt's others. Also, and before I say this, please feel free to call me a cold and heartless monster, but I dont find this film sad. At all. The emotional scenes are meant to be impactful, and yet when bambi's mother dies from the "man" it feels cheap. She is killed by someone who's had no influence OR prior scene in the film. People call him one of cinema's greatest villains. I must humbly, and hole-heartedly disagree. He's barely even a villain. He has two seconds of screen time just to kill bambi's mother. Its like the film is manipulating you to cry simply for the sake of it. Bambi's animation is impeccable. Its story leaves a lot to be desired
January 10, 2015
Wow this is pretty good, the visuals and sound is absolutely awesome giving great atmosphere. It may be short but it doesn't cheap out at all.
½ October 11, 2014
A childhood classic through and through and definitely a film not to be missed in your youth, 'Bambi' is a deeply touching and enduring classic that marked the end of Disney's golden age. Arguably Disney's greatest masterpiece back in their heyday, 'Bambi' is a sophisticated and moving flick with stunning animation and a fascinating story, that whilst at times is a little serious, is still endearing nonetheless accompanied by a fantastic soundtrack.
May 1, 2011
Disney's early animated classic masterpiece still lives on with its heart, cuteness, and charm like other Disney's masterpieces. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording)
December 23, 2010
A gorgeously animated film that may not please everyone due to its greater focus on the characters and lack of a defined plot, but it is deservedly recognized today as a great classic for its contemplative portrayal of love, nature and the cruelty of men against the forest and its animals.
October 12, 2014
a classic. nuff said!
September 7, 2014
A simple, yet beautiful coming-of-age story told through a lush canvas that immerses the viewer into nature.
August 28, 2014
Okay, don't mean to set off any spoilers alarm; this film does contain one of the most darkest and saddest moments in Disney history. WatchMojo claimed that no one was unscathed by that moment.
And yet, be that as it may, this first time I watched this movie - I was very, very young. You might call me heartless, but that bambi's-mother-got-shot scene really - literally - had absolutely ZERO impact on me whatsoever, not even making a dent. Maybe it was because I was too young to comprehend this, maybe it was the bad video quality of my version, maybe it was my default very-fast attitude adjustment ability-- maybe it was 2 out of 3, and maybe it was all three. But looking back, that scene really had zero impact on me. And now that scene still got no effect on me - especially when I picture myself in first person as the man pulling the trigger that killed Bambi's mom-- not with a hunting shotgun, but with a combat-grade sniper rifle(all ballistic variations involved).
"Range, 5,023.75 yards. Wind, 270 knots. Humidity, temperature and elevations all accounted for. Target in sight - fire when ready. [BANG!] Hey kid, I just killed Bambi's mom, deal with it."
Classic this movie is, it sure had a weird moment on me.