Movies Like The Band's Visit (Bikur Ha-Tizmoret)

100% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Band's Visit (Bikur Ha-Tizmoret) Reviews

May 18, 2014
Sweet, funny and poignant. Worth seeing over and again.
April 17, 2014
A nice Israeli film that was not heavy handed and ridiculously charming. Highly enjoyable.
December 21, 2013
The Band's Visit [Israel, 2007] Amazing how it outlines loneliness & cultural barriers through its cinematography, music & silence. 8/10
November 11, 2013
The Band's Visit is punctuated by steady cam shots of the barren desert in Israel. A band is on its way to perform at the Arab Cultural Center. They get stranded in the desert and taken in. The plot is slow moving, even for 1 hr 29 minutes of running time.
September 22, 2013
The Bands Visit starts off on a bizarre note and instantly makes you catch hold of the irony of the situation. The subtle humor and the nuances make this film a delight.
Tom Z.
June 23, 2013
Very interesting experience. Worth seeing.
June 3, 2013
"Those who like their comedy, romance, and tragedy in quiet doses should enjoy this textured story."
May 26, 2013
This had been on my too watch list since it's release. Finally sat down and watched it today. It's a beautiful film that just encompasses everything I enjoy about film. A simple story is told in a deep and explorative fashion, its unpredictable and takes place in the course a single day. It also is a reminder of the little quirks and nuances that people share, despite their perceived cultural differences. Highly recommend this movie!
May 3, 2013
Slow but charming...
March 30, 2013
Mooie film, heb hem in de kast staan, om nog eens te kijken.
March 3, 2013
the skating rink scene was brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. and wildly hilarious.
though the film Was very funny, there was no mistaking the air of wistfulness and loneliness that hung over the characters.
loved what that scrawny guy said to 'simon' - "You know, maybe this is how your concerto ends. I mean, not a big end with trumpets and violin. Maybe this is the finish, just like that suddenly. Not sad, not happy, just a small room with a lamp, a bed,a child sleeps, and tons of loneliness."
ain't that bloody true about life in general.
discovery of the day, "dina" ronit elkabetz. her 'dina' was one helluva femme fatale; i'm gonna scour for other movies starring her.
January 30, 2013
I thouht it was cool movie. Really laid back dialog but with substance. The characters didn't try hard to be funny it just came naturally.
June 24, 2012
A lovely film that leaves you a smile - no fan fare, no elaborate sets, just a story of human relations, of how we relate and intersect. I loved the end song - it made me smile at the translation -

My soul is blissful in the days spent in your arms
An eternal summer sun has brought back our forgotten days
Immortal days in a time when homesickness is sweet as honey
If I were to live this life all over again I wouldn't have changed a single second
Beautiful days where light shines freely
And the good that's between us fills our life with love and affection
December 8, 2012
Saw this several months ago. Yes.
October 12, 2012
A sweet little film that reminds us that as human beings we all have more in common than we do differences.
October 1, 2012
I missed something in the translation but i stilled enjoyed watching it.
August 26, 2012
This is a nice little gem. Subtle, yet effective, performances. Excellent music. Realistic humor. Charming, touching, and satisfying.
Victor L.
August 8, 2012
Slow, but very interesting
June 15, 2012
Emotionally beautiful and visually soft and lush, with heartfelt, honest performances and a simple but powerful story. The Band's Visit is a unique experience, one that people should not let language barriers prevent them from seeing. So you have to read subtitles for an hour and a half, big deal. You will be rewarded for it.