• R, 1 hr. 38 min.

41% Working the Engels: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Banger Sisters Reviews

January 3, 2014
A little film more interesting to watch for the duo of brilliant actresses than the actual storyline but never mind it's easy to watch, fun & interesting enough to keep you entertained for two hours.
December 3, 2013
Goldie Hawn and Susan Sarandon are ex-groupies who cataloged photos of all the cocks they came across. Brilliant idea, but the execution falls flat. Hawn is an absolute riot as a free spirit who knows her way around a good raunchy line, while Sarandon gets the role of the tight-ass now living unhappily as a wife and mother. Writer-director Bob Doleman turns what could have been hot fun into tepid fluff.
May 28, 2013
It's funny and Goldie Hawn kills it.
April 11, 2013
Pretty decent film about two groupies, one who still is basically, and one is hides her past.

The biggest knock on this film is that it needed to be far far longer. We get a good idea about Hawn's character, but I felt like the Sarandon one and her family stuff went by way too fast and seemed too easy. One scene they are all hating on Hawn, a few minutes later they love her? Just seemed like a good 30 minutes was edited out in the final scenes.

So the film gives us a lot of great characters, but not enough time with them. Even Rush seems like he had a lot more development to give.

The film is never boring and that's mostly cause of Hawn. She looks really fine in this film, and her character is so much fun.

A nice Buck Cherry cameo as well.
March 31, 2013
Nice name for a movie.
December 7, 2012
Umm ahem banger?????For thinly scripted fluff, The Banger Sisters sure is a lot of fun. With Goldie Hawn and Susan Sarandon as former groupies now settling into their fifties, this predictable comedy gets a zesty boost of vitality and unsentimental nostalgia.
Robyn M.
August 24, 2012
A promising premise wasted. I really like these gals too. Its a shame they couldnt have made this more of a hoot. Being stuck in their Groupie Past is sadly pathetic, we all have to grow up some time. Besides, I wouldn't be too proud to be called the "Banger Sisters!"
It a shame that Bob Dolman (The Director) never fully developed the characters or utilized either Sarandon or Hawn's talents to improve its lacking humor.
July 12, 2012
Take away the stupid plot, and we'd really have something here.
April 29, 2012
There's something with potential here, but the movie decides, like Lavinia, to go the conservative route.
June 9, 2012
groupies had their day & reunite for s'more good times... that's what friends are for...
May 28, 2012
no sirve esa pelicula
May 9, 2012
Written and directed by Bob Dolman, (who did the screenplays for Willow (1988) and Far and Away (1992)), this is a light hearted comedy-drama about reunion and catching up on old times. It's got a good pairing, but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it has it's moments of fun throughout. Suzette (Goldie Hawn) is an ex-groupie who works behind the bar at Whisky A Go-Go in Los Angeles, a famous rock venue back in the day. When Suzette is sacked for drinking on the job, she ends up penniless, and in a moment of nostalgia, she decides to drive out to Phoenix, Arizona to meet up with her old groupie friend Vinnie (Susan Sarandon). At a gas station, with an empty tank and no money for fuel, she picks up neurotic writer Harry Plummer (Geoffrey Rush), who is on his way home after failing to make it big in LA. In Phoenix, Suzette is reunited with Vinnie, and finds out she is a conservative mother with two spoilt, obnoxious daughters Hannah (Erika Christensen) and Ginger (Eva Amurri Martino), and is in a rut. But, Suzette seems to come along at the right time. It's gently amusing with some good laughs and good rock and roll anecdotes, it's like Almost Famous for the middle aged generation. The sad thing about the film is that Goldie Hawn hasn't made another one since this came out, whereas Sarandon and Rush's careers have gone from strength to strength. Let's hope Hawn returns soon.
The Critic
May 7, 2012
A far from flawless comedy, this is one of those films that captivates its audience by using the charm of its stars. Although a little sappy at times, this is all about having fun without compromise.
May 5, 2012
could have done so much more with this
April 22, 2012
i love goldie hawn this movie was o.k
Joyce Jenkins-Jones
April 22, 2012
i love goldie hawn this movie was o.k
April 13, 2012
With these two women, I expected so much more from this movie. I love them, but as a whole.. the movie let me down.
April 6, 2012
I love Harry in this movie.
April 6, 2012
i love this frickin movie!!!
March 2, 2012
mediocre chick-flick... you got to love Goldie Hawn.