Barbie Presents: Thumbelina - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Barbie Presents: Thumbelina Reviews

½ July 31, 2014
Nothing about this movie makes sense. Why even bother naming the movie "Thumbelina" when it is absolutely NOTHING like the story? Instead, it's just a "Ferngully" rip-off. Also, a Barbie movie where Barbie ISN'T the star? WTF, guys? I'd much rather see a faithful adaptation with Barbie as the title character.
February 3, 2014
ONw of barbie's best movies
November 18, 2012
Still was not good. I did not like it.
GRADE:C
May 2, 2012
Does a film get much worse than this? Yes, but this is still pretty awful. Barbie's Thumbelina represents some of the worst that films have to offer. Nothing works, everything fails, and the result is a hopeless mess that can't be enjoyed in any way. It's not even "so bad it's good," it's just plain bad.

Thumbelina is about a form of fairy called a twillerbee, who lives among the flowers, making things grow and prosper. In other words, they're an obvious rip-off of the fairies in the Tinker Bell films. Thumbelina is mindlessly flying around and breaking rules, when she discovers that married real estate agents plan to destroy the forest where she lives, in order to build a factory. To save her home and her people, Thumbelina has to change the heart of the agent's spoiled brat named Mackena, so she can convince them to stop construction on the factory.

The voice cast is horrific. All the lines sound the same, and they all sound awfully stiff. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that robots or computers actually voiced the characters, as opposed to humans.

The animation is primitive and silly, sometimes even blocky. Ugly colors and the stiff movements don't help, either. Heck, even Star Wars: The Clone Wars had better animation than this.

Most of the characters are whiny, irritating, spoiled brats, and there's very little character development. Mackena is irritating, and her parents act like they're on drugs most of the movie, or else drunk. The twillerbees are all the same (and they sound the same too), and the construction works are all idiots.

Attempts at humor are made, but none of them are successful. No laughs here, just cringes.

The one thing that Barbie's Thumbelina did right, was omit songs entirely.

Somehow, children can be amused by this. It just goes to show how many people there are that care more about the money, than delivering a quality product, and how bad the taste is, of the average child.
July 12, 2011
i love this movie :)
½ March 22, 2011
hahay.. so happy to be environmentally friendly, if only they really exist.. are they? ahw.. hahahahaah
½ March 11, 2009
just fine not too good a lil boring not like the other stories
½ March 12, 2010
cute. Like the nature saving idea. Not one of my faves
½ February 16, 2010
Barbie goes green. It's a race to save the haunted field!
January 5, 2010
there is just one thumbelina i like and i doubt this one will beat it!
December 18, 2009
wow ini bagus sekali
July 22, 2009
No way in hell I am watching this crap.
June 25, 2009
the 3-d was too stiff
June 18, 2009
HAHAHA! STUPID YET HILARIOUS TO WATCH!
½ May 9, 2009
Barbie in the version of Thumbelina
April 24, 2009
omg CRAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
½ April 13, 2009
Goes along with that Fern Gully theme but not nearly as well or as cool as that movie! Cute magical world that the Twillerbees live, which my daughter loves.
April 9, 2009
1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
March 27, 2009
loved it--just watched it.. a totally different story.. lovely imagination and story
½ March 24, 2009
I want to pretend I rented this so that my niece could watch it... but she's 1. haha no I am a total fan of Barbie movies and though this one had a great message about saving the environment and deciding what is right and wrong, this one wasn't one of the best Barbie has done. It was really cute tho but slow and I had to force myself to finish it