• R, 1 hr. 43 min.

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

BASEketball Reviews

Eugene B

July 24, 2013
The creators of South Park trade their voice-over and production abilities for on-screen acting abilities, which makes BASEketball just as hysterical. The films cross-over script will be enjoyable for those who crave sports or comedy, but it's just downright gaudy of a film. 3.5/5
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 24, 2012
BASEketball is a pretty decent comedy that is pure mindless entertainment. To watch this film, you really need to empty your mind, and enjoy. Starring the creators of South Park, BASEketball is a sports film about a sport combining Baseball and Basketball. The film has some laughs throughout and it relies on crude, vulgar comedy to make the audience. If you're familiar with South Park, then this should be no surprise. This film is funny, but I felt it could have been much better than what it turned out to be. The jokes are offensive, but it manages to make you laugh, but the film did have potential of being something far better. I mean you get David Zucker direct the two guys who created South Park in a film and you're sure to get something very funny. As it stands, the film is worth watching, has some good laughs, but lacks something to really make it stand out. The film works well as a mindless Friday night viewing with friends but if you're looking for a great comedy, pass up on this one. This is a pure mindless comedy that has some crude humor, a so-so plot and decent acting. The film is nothing too special, but is a must see for fans of South Park. I found the film enjoyable, but thought it could have been much better too.
As far as comedies go, BASEketball definitely does deliver, but lacks in some areas, and you realize that it could have been a better film. This had the potential of being a great film, but it ends up being a decent film. For what it is, it's an enjoyable, crazy ride that is sure to make you laugh if you're in the right state of mind.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 22, 2009
Well it was watchable.
blkbomb
blkbomb

August 6, 2011
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: Listen to me little bitch! You either go out there and make that shot or I'm gonna shove your head so far up your fuckin' ass, you'll have to wear yourself as a hat!

"Two guys invented a game... and turned the sports world upside down!"

BASEketball is stupid humor at it's stupidest. The first 45 minutes are pretty funny, but then it just gets old. I really like Trey Parker and Matt Stone. They did create one of the best shows of all-time. But this movie does start to be kind of dull after awhile. The only time I really laughed in the last 20 minutes was when Trey Parker did his Cartman voice.

I did really like the dialogue between Bob Costas and Al Michaels during the games. Especially when they are talking about television shows. As for the movie as a whole; I can take it or leave it. It has it's moments, such as the dildo scene. As a spoof; I really don't think it worked very well.

BASEketball is a movie I don't care for all that much, but I can see myself watching again. You don't really have to pay too much attention to what is going on and there are laughs to be had.
Spencer S

July 23, 2010
Mixed humor of both the parodying Zucker films and the obnoxious but obviously funny South Parkian brand of comedy from creators and stars of this film, Trey Parker and Matt Stone. As usual with any Zucker film, there is abundant physical comedy, the misunderstandings of an episode of Three's Company, and gorgeous women put in either raunchy situations, or bare breasted. The storyline begins to become a tiresome bore once the specifics of a ragtag bunch of underdogs leaves the realms of plausible and launches straight into the regular formula of fight, make up, win the big game. It is interesting to watch all the way through if you want to hear snippets of voices from South Park, including Mr. Garrison and a very obvious Cartman. The main characters are each unique, and fleshed out, great for a parody, but your enjoyment is based on whether you view parody as a legitimate form of comedy and not just a cop out to include gross outs. I think this film reaches a level of intelligence and is on par with Airplane and maybe even Spy Hard.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

July 8, 2009
Two guys invented a game... and turned the sports world upside down!

Prepare to laugh alot! This movie was hilarious, omg the things they come up with on this one. One of the funniest movies of the 90's I'd say. The movie is dumb just enjoy the ride.

Two losers from Milwaukee, Coop & Remer, invent a new game playing basketball, using baseball rules. When the game becomes a huge success, they, along with a billionaire's help, form the Professional Baseketball League where everyone gets the same pay and no team can change cities. Coop & Remer's team, the Milwaukee Beers is the only team standing in the way of major rule changes that the owner of the Dallas Felons wants to institute.
Richard C

July 23, 2010
hilarious. B+
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
One or two laughs but not enough to stop this film from being crap.
Jason O

September 8, 2009
I heard that "BASEketball" was made by the same people who made "Airplane!." "Airplane!" is one of my favorite comedy movies of all time, so I couldn't wait to see "BASEketball." While I was watching it, I found out that it is somewhat similar to the high flying "Airplane!," , but "BASEketball" isn't half as good of a movie.
The game of baseketball is just like baseball mixed with basketball. There are different places on the field that you can shoot from, consisting of a single, double, triple, or home run. When you ring a shot, depending on where you shot the ball from, you move that number of bases. Defense consists of the player that is on defense trying to say or do something gross to make their opponent miss the shot, and it's called a 'psyche out.'
"BASEketball" features the two creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, as the two main actors. The movie is full of childish jokes and crazy antics. Part of the time, the movie is hilarious, and at other times, it's just plain gross. To make the movie a tiny bit better, a lot of famous real life athletes make appearances in the movie. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bob Costas, and Reggie Jackson are just a few of them.

"BASEketball" can be hilarious or it can be nasty, it's as simple as that. It really depends on what kind of things you think are funny. If you like comedy movies, I recommend giving "BASEketball" a shot. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000.
Phil H

August 8, 2007
Creators of South Park here, and they rock, Parker is bloody hilarious, reminds me of a young Rik Mayall. The whole thing is utterly stupid but very funny and rude. Toilet humour, sexist, vulgar, its topps, I dont know why they haven't done anymore good comedies (live action I mean, not animated)
garyX
garyX

April 28, 2007
This is one of those films where, if I'd seen it at home, sober as a judge with a nice cup of tea in my hand, I would've been appalled at the puerile adolescence of it all. However, after 8 pints of lager, it had me squirting beer out of my nose. Read into that what you will...
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

November 8, 2007
Funny and outrageous. Matt and Trey all the way!
Lafe F

June 27, 2007
Far-out but competent comedy by South Park buddies Matt and Trey. It's hilarious to see a new sport created which mixes Basketball and Baseball. The cheerleaders are funny too. What a mess it becomes! But what a funny sport movie.
Bobby H

June 14, 2007
This movies hilarious! I used too watch it, all the time. It's been awhile, but, just seeing the cover makes me want too go find my old VHS.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 18, 2007
these guys should have stopped before they started, jenny mcarthy was the only good thing about this flick
Jason S

December 28, 2006
I had to watch it about three times before it was funny.
Stuart B

October 3, 2006
Excellent!!!!!!!!!! I love the Cartman voice Trey does near the end :D
Aaron N

May 30, 2006
Got milk?
Emily A

June 5, 2006
Let's hear it for film that are dumb as bags of rocks! Matt and Trey are so wrapped up in the world of animation that it's a shame that they're not in more live-action movies. They are so bloody funny together.
Juan C

May 12, 2011
from the makers of airplane, and the naked gun, comes a comedy movie with more hillarious jokes, spioof that are priceless, and it's most hystarical moments. in other words, the guy still hasen't change for the worst! A