64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Batman - Mystery of the Batwoman Reviews

Anthony L

August 6, 2012
Right, so in Batman - Mystery of the Batwoman (not Batgirl!!) Batman is Batman again. Confusing isn't it. It's a solid story with some great characters, it's good to see Bane making an appearance and it's good to see The Penguin back again also. The animation is good but it still doesn't live up to the early animated series of the early 90's - that said, as long as it's Kevin Conroy, I'm happy.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

February 9, 2010
Good movie! Nice story and it was nice to see the penguin and Bane as villans. Recommended to all Batman fans.

A ruthless destructive vigilante posing as Batwoman is wreaking havoc in Gotham City. While she sets her sights on thwarting Penguin's evil plans, Batman concentrates on discovering this mysterious imposter's true identity. But when she's captured by the vicious Bane, it falls upon the caped crusader to rescue her, defeat Bane and foil the Penguin's devious plot himself.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 25, 2007
fantastic film from a fantastic series. this is easily one of my favorite cartoons ever if not my favorite, and the films based on the series are really well done. a lot of fun.
Conner R

November 19, 2009
While it is nowhere near the same amount of effort that was put into the series, it is a fun movie none the less. It has all the same great voice acting from the show and animation style. The Batwoman story is interesting, I just felt it was a little on the corny side.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

November 5, 2009
I am not one for animation, but the Batman series I do enjoy. In this one Batman is Joined by not one, not two, but three Batwomen, and our villain is the Piquing. The color is excellent, story line is pretty good, and as far as I can remember not a bad movie for those under 12. Have to give this one 3 1/2 stars, that?s not typical of me for a animated (Cartoon) Movie..
Luke B

April 5, 2008
Nowhere near as good as Mask of the Pantasm or the series itself. It does however present an entertaining 75 minute long mystery, that isn't too hard to guess but you never know. The animation is still spectacular and the redesign of The Penguin is much more in keeping with his comic days. Bane was also used well, though I'm still waiting for the definitive film version of him. Great for Batfans.
Jason S

February 26, 2007
Not too bad for a straight to DVD.
nuheart
nuheart

December 26, 2006
I remember WATCHING it, but not much else. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt -- two stars on the basis of Mask of the Phantasm and the TV series.
Nick C.
Nick C.

July 27, 2012
A great story, interesting twists, and great casting makes this Batman worth the watch. The whole mystery concept has always worked well with "The World's Greatest Detective" and the Batwoman is a facinating character.
Remi L

October 4, 2008
As fascinating as the idea of a Batwoman sounds, it wasn't executed all that greatly in this straight-to-DVD film. In this installment of the animated Batman series, the Dark Knight finds himself trying to the baddies of Gotham with BatGIRL by his side and simultaneously keeping tabs on a new vigilante, BatWOMAN. Meanwhile, his alter ego has fallen for the daughter of a crime boss.

This film just pales in comparison to most of the Batman straight-to-DVDs: Gotham Knight, Return of the Joker, Under the Red Hood, the two Batman vs Superman films...I was hoping for a little better. This film should've just been a 3-4 part arc on the animated television series. It would've made more sense, could've been a standalone, and the lull would've understood. Not every episode of Batman is edge-of-your-seat excitement. And neither is this film.
kenscheck
September 5, 2011
This movie is not that great. It is sadly made after "Batman: The Animated Series" had kind of worn itself out. The mystery isn't too interesting, and the style is a little too minimalist, which started with the last season of the Animated show. I preferred the original style of the Bruce Timm Batman, they just streamlined his look too far. Mostly this one is pretty easy to pass on. There is a short film featuring Batman and Catwoman on the DVD which is actually worth a look though.
Hamee
September 19, 2011
This was not one of my favorite Batman stories, but the ending was nice - though completely unrealistic.
xanderearl
September 15, 2010
Quite enjoyable. I'm a sucker for fun female characters/compliments to Batman. Plus as a bonus, there's a cute short after the credits.
June 15, 2009
I don't see what all the vitriol against this movie is about. Mask Of The Phantasm was without a doubt probably the best we'll ever see; so it's unfair to keep comparing everything to that movie. That said, this movie isn't that bad. Interesting new characters, beautiful animation - with the exception of a few odd scenes where it looked like they simply zoomed in on a cel instead of creating the animation of zooming into something, odd...

Not bad. Just watch it.
starlimitz2
March 16, 2009
Though it was a pretty weak overall premise, I found myself engrossed in the old Animated Series of Batman. Kevin Conroy was once again the best Batman voice there is and they even brought "Major Winchester" from MASH as the Penguin. The animated was smooth for the most part, though I could see a few glitches here and there. But I was able to figure out the mystery of Batwoman pretty easily, so the storyline was pretty weak. Overall, it was a good watch, and I hope they make more like it.
toonami2280
January 4, 2009
a pretty good mystery story that keeps you guessing till the end of the movie.worth watching by any batman fan.
December 2, 2006
This movie SUCKED. I couldn't even watch the whole thing; I just turned it off a third of the way through it. The fact that it's animated by the same artists who work(ed) on Superman: The Animated Series doesn't help.
December 26, 2007
Batwoman....Is she Hero or Villainess...Batman doesn't need another Bat flying around Gotham and uncovers the Mystery Of The Batwoman.
GhostHunterGuy
August 10, 2007
This was a good one and made good use of it's villain arsenal. I really loved the music of course and the story was great.
June 18, 2007
"I miss working for the Joker. "
...............................................................
Not the best in the Batman animated movies, but just damn fun.

There's no weight in this tale. There's no overblown story arc or anything that's going to affect ol' batsy a great deal, it's just an old fasion action mystery with some good set pieces adn a chance to have some fun.

The 3 batwomen are pretty forgetable, but they all play with the bruce wayne character pretty well. Even the Halle Berry one.

It's a nice side order to an already perfect meal that is the batman animated series and it's worth it for the Bane boat tussle.
...................................................................
"And Mr. Wayne. It's been quite a while, hasn't it? "