*batteries not included Reviews

August 18, 2015
It is a great family film with lots of heart!
March 15, 2015
Steven Spielberg presents the silly and quirky family comedy *batteries not included. The story follows the residents of a rundown apartment building that are visited by a pair of alien robots that fix things; meanwhile a land developer works to evict the residents and tear down the building. It's a convoluted plot that makes no sense, and the characters are paper thin. The robots have an interesting look, but they're not fleshed out either (as they come and go for no particular reason). Also, the jokes are rather formulaic and predictable. Unfortunately, *batteries not included is little more than a stereotypical band of misfits fighting an eviction type film with robots thrown in, and it doesn't really work.
December 21, 2014
I don't really care if it is a little cheesy, I like it.
½ October 1, 2014
The cast makes the generic plot work.....the true definition of a feel good movie.
September 26, 2014
Past some awkward editing and an ET-ripoff shadow, Batteries manages to charm with its honest humor and heartbreaking sincerity. Nothing mind-blowing, but neat effects and plenty of sweetness will get you through it.
February 12, 2010
(First and only viewing - 7/5/2008)
½ July 19, 2014
It's a joy to see Tandy & Cronyn together but the film itself is slight and silly.
June 24, 2014
We all have those movies we just can describe or understand. For me, its easily this movie.
June 4, 2014
1933's King Kong Is My Ninth Favorite Film Of All Time.
May 21, 2014
a bit of a strange film really
April 18, 2009
I saw this many years ago...need to see it again...
½ November 16, 2009
Simple but heartwarming.
April 6, 2014
Fantastic film. Effects are great, story is great. I have grown up with this film and I still love it.
½ January 21, 2014
Hated it then. Still hate it now.
January 3, 2014
I had always been interested in seeing this, the biggest draw being Jessica Tandy, but I found this quite disappointing, and it ended up being background noise while I read my magazine. I liked the cute little spaceships, but I just found it rather boring as there wasn't enough dialogue.
½ November 26, 2007
Exceptionally good family film.
½ November 24, 2013
Another childhood fav.....fond memories
November 3, 2013
I as well as my kids loved this movie. My second oldest was only 4 when it came out and he would run around saying "batries not incwuded"
October 13, 2013
1 of the best movies to see.
August 21, 2013
A film I searched for years... and it was worth it.