I liked it - to hell with critics

Screw the critics. I enjoyed it. It plays to emotions. So what? Sometimes that's fun. The backstory was humorous. Good action. of course, you have to ignore the glaring faulty premise that a satellite transmission is going to some far planet, since it would take Years ;') But hey, I know spinach won't turn you into superman, but I still like Popeye.
Tom Neizgoda
03-28-2013 08:50 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Ken Sexton

Ken Sexton

OK movie but technical holes are very distracting. They had 4 hours to get from where the destroyer sank to Pearl, activate a "cold" battleship and cruise back to be in range. That time alone is way beyond reality. Bringing the boilers up to temp alone takes more than that amount of time. Pearl is the home of the Pacific Fleet and the survivors of the destroyer and the retires on the Missouri were the only sailors available on the WHOLE base? The home base of the WHOLE darn Pacific Fleet and there were no other, none, ships with any cannon at all?! AND, no one on the whole planet has control over Landsat 7 except 2 guys on a mountain top in HI!

Jun 1 - 08:05 AM

Doug Rief

Doug Rief

Battleship was exactly what I thought it would be a fun sci fi flick that I could just watch and enjoy.

Aug 30 - 09:46 PM

Hawk Howes

Hawk Howes

Great movie! It left all kinds of openings for a sequel. WHy was the alien trying desperately to continue telepathic comm with the hero? Why didn't the alien kill the stupid scientist, instead of giving him the comm device? Why didn't the aliens kill everyone when they recovered their lost crewman? Why did the aliens only react (mostly) when they were attacked? Why didn't the muncher ball kill the boy? but left him alone when he said "Dad"? Any way the critics awarded "Fargo" best picture. Go figure.

Jul 7 - 11:14 AM

Cristina Reyes

Cristina Reyes

I just watched it... it was fun

Jul 2 - 03:06 PM

John Tyler

J *

Yeah, I'll admit, Battleship was a guilty pleasure of mine, along with the other films under the Hasbro banner.

May 12 - 06:50 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile