Tomatometer Watch: Battleship

Summary

People couldn't believe it when it was first announced but here we are, a movie adaptation of the Hasbro board game, Battleship, has an imminent American release. Jumping feet first into international waters, Universal has released the film in dozens of countries -- in fact, the United States will be the last country to host Battleship in theaters when it hits our shores on May 18. For the critics who have seen it, what did they think? Back to Article

Comments

Luke J.C.

Luke J.C.

Peter Berg is a pretty good director, Rihanna is beautiful, so I hope it's going to be good. I am bothered by the comparisons to the transformers though, but if the humans (hopefully) do NOT get any help from machines who act independently (almost as if the machines would be the lead actors), it should be a whole lot better.

Apr 17 - 04:29 AM

Todd Williams

Todd Williams

Of course it will be rotten...but that doesn't mean it won't be entertaining.

Apr 17 - 07:20 AM

edzelrebamontan

Mike Edzel Rebamontan

Around 40% to 50%

Apr 17 - 08:48 AM

Muhammad Aseri

Muhammad Aseri

i enjoy the movie..some people dont.most of my friend does enjoy it. 3.5/5

Apr 17 - 09:13 AM

Jimmy G.

Jimmy Gee

I'm not angry, just annoyed that we have to settle...we deserve more than this. Yeah, I like big and loud (and sometimes dumb when its fun), but why do we have to settle for Transformers 3 and Battleship when its proven that we can get an Iron Man or Dark Knight and that they will be successful? We have only ourselves to blame for this--if we spoke with our wallets Hollywood would have to listen.
Also, I don't think the executives are stupid--they're doing what works. I would do the same. And, yes, if I thought I could sell a script about Frosted Flakes and make a bunch of money I would. But I'm not on that end of the equation--I'm just a lowly theatergoer with bills to pay and I want options for my escape that will be worth the precious money I spend. That's all.

Apr 17 - 11:08 AM

Jimmy G.

Jimmy Gee

Well said.

Apr 17 - 11:09 AM

Jimmy G.

Jimmy Gee

Thanks Janson--couldn't have put it nearly as eloquent as you, sir.

Apr 17 - 12:00 PM

Bill Gnk

Bill Gnk

38%

Apr 17 - 12:22 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Of course it's trying something. It's trying to not be a piece of garbage and failing miserably. Of course, the bands of idiots with awful taste and who go "boom derp derp funny oh rihanna's ass derp derp" will flock to it and hail it as the masterpiece it's not.

Apr 17 - 01:22 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

I won't be nice like Janson. I'll just say Cheyne you need to be neutered before you can breed your moronic offspring into this earth.

Apr 17 - 01:24 PM

Spyros DieHard-ass

Spyros DieHard-ass

50 rotten

Apr 17 - 01:56 PM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

will make Battle:LA look genius in comparison

Apr 17 - 02:12 PM

Braden Worton

Braden Worton

Rotten. Simply because Game movies suck. 15% on the Tomatometer.

Apr 17 - 02:15 PM

B D.

B Daubach

Probably a rotten score/rating -51%. If it gets a fresh rating,I think the perfect fresh rating for the critics's score/rating is a 61-a 69%.If the film is lucky, Battlship may recieve a score that's a total of 71%. Maybe...JUST maybe!

Apr 17 - 03:58 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday