Weekly Ketchup: More Toy-Based Movies Are On Their Way

Summary

This week's Ketchup includes movie development news for three toy/game adaptations from Hasbro, movies based on Little House on the Prairie and Stephen Sondheim's Into the Woods, the sequel Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and new movies for Amy Adams, Sacha Baron Cohen, Jeremy Renner, Sam Rockwell, and Meryl Streep. Back to Article

Comments

Mitch Jones

Mitch Jones

You don't have to worry about them sucking. They are definitely going to suck. What you should hope for is that they don't make money. If they do then there will be sequels and further time wasted on other board game movies.

Oct 7 - 08:52 AM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

HELLO!?!?!! Where's news on Wizard of Oz 3-D? That has to be an incredibly rotten story. Come on!

Oct 7 - 11:07 AM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Just googled it; this is even worse than the colorization crap of the 1980s. My motto is if it resides in the Library of Congress, don't f*ck with it.

Oct 7 - 03:09 PM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

Didn't include it because as of right now, it looks like it's going to just be a 3D Blu Ray release. No word yet on theatrical.

Oct 7 - 07:01 PM

DBrock

David E-Brock

Agent Colson directed Choke? That is just too random, i never would have guessed that. Choke is an awesome movie(except for the ending).

Oct 7 - 12:34 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I wasn't aware of the film, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I don't have much information to go by with the Diana crash, but I've heard many unsubstantiated rumors (rumours, btw) like her being pregnant or the driver being drunk or it being a family conspiracy, etc. My favorite theory is that it was an occult murder to bring about a new matriarch religion in the icon of Diana, and that Dan Brown made the Merovingian (French descendents of Jesus and Mary) connection for this purpose. Being my favorite theory should not be confused as having any semblance to what I may actually believe, of course. Dan Brown and his Priory of Sion have been shown to be hoaxes. It doesn't negate the intention of those attempting the hoax.

Oct 7 - 12:44 PM

Testicular_Cancer

M Mikell

Re #5: ...Wait. Hollywood's making a major motion picture that's already been one of the worst episodes of Futurama? And was already a worn-out comic-book cliche then? I mean, they even titled it "Mobius Dick."

Oct 7 - 12:50 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I'm with the Barack Ness Monster on this one.

Oct 7 - 12:50 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Oct 7 - 03:09 PM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

Oct 7 - 07:01 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

I bet you're just a blast at parties, Gordon.

Oct 7 - 11:30 PM

Frank Visage

Frank Visage

Hungry, Hungry Hippos? Stop, please stop this garbage. If the studios have not collectively beat the dead horse of toy/movie tie-ins enough, then please scrap all of the above and do the Micronauts.

Mobius? Could be cool. Time will tell.

Oct 8 - 09:36 AM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Still nothing interesting this week.

Oct 8 - 06:51 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office