Weekly Ketchup: Battlestar Galactica Movie in the Works

Summary

This Week's Ketchup includes news for two adaptations of old TV shows (Battlestar Galactica and The Man from UNCLE), new movies for directors Matt Damon and the Wachowskis, and new roles for Aaron Eckhart, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Shia LaBeouf, Melissa McCarthy and Mickey Rourke. Back to Article

Comments

The.Watcher

The Watcher

00 - The fact that it's not an adaptation the good show, but rather of the crappy camp-fest of the 70s makes me sad.
01 - Never watched the show and don't like Cooper. This project has an uphill battle with me.
02 - I like Damon. I'll give this a fair shot though I'm not very hopeful. Not cos I think the story is shit (I liked Erin B), but cos it's been done too many times already.
03 - I'm glad that Nueral 9 film got canned. Ain't nobody wanna see that. This Jupiter one might be good, though I think only 2 Wachowski projects have been anything other than ass - Matrix 1 and V for Vendetta.
04 - Blah. I have no idea who she is, nor do I want to.
05 - Cool. In Bruges was awesome and Expendables was fucking awful, as will be the sequel.
06 - I get more and more amped for this flick every time I hear something new about it. Can't wait!
07- Fuck Shia. Bastard ruined Indy 4. I'll never forgive him for that.
08 - Eckhart needs to learn how to pick better projects.
09 - That 3rd book was terrible. The movies all sucked. 2 + 2 = 4.

Oct 21 - 06:31 PM

redrooster0

Charlie Voelker

I wouldn't say Shia ruined Indy 4 on his own, it was 75% him 25% aliens. But for the most he did... God I fucking hate him.

Oct 22 - 07:33 AM

mjprogue

Mike PArker

While the original might have been somewhat silly...thats only because of the era in which it was released. The aliens and Cylons were TONS cooler than anything in the more serious remake...and Starbuck was awesome instead of being some ugly dyke with a chip on her shoulder.

Remaking the original is the right way to go creatively...but probably the wrong way to go financially as the obsessive following of the overrated 2nd series might boycott the entire production.

Oct 22 - 10:12 AM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Yes, it's absolutely the era in which it was released. That's precisely why it sucks.

Oct 22 - 01:46 PM

tori_live

Kevin Rottentomatoe

The original was fun and campy, but great it wasn't. The remake was generally excellent. With that said, Singer has done several good films, so I'm hopeful.

Oct 22 - 02:06 PM

tori_live

Kevin Rottentomatoe

Bound was also very good. Otherwise, I agree with you: The Matrix and V for Vendetta.

Oct 22 - 02:10 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

nooooo waaaay Battlestar Galactica in the 1970s was AWESOME; it was (like) STAR WARS on Television. Maybe you weren't alive in the 1970s or born around 1978 or 1979 and missed-out on all the fun!//// Then came Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (with the Space Vampire episode being my favorite . . . both Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers were awesome for those young enough to enjoy them.

Oct 22 - 03:12 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

I'm not a fan of camp in general, so the appeal is lost on me. and yeah, I wasn't alive back then, I grew up in the 90s but I have watched the old Batman show with Adam West, the old BSG and Buck Rogers. Not my cup of tea, though. I like my sci-fi serious.

Oct 22 - 06:20 PM

Janson Jinnistan

So, I guess "Barbarella"'s out of the question. Not even "Dark Star"? "Ice Pirates"?

Oct 23 - 07:45 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Sorry man..

Oct 23 - 08:43 PM

Michael W.

Michael Whitley

The Wachowskis always seem to get credit for V for Vendetta, despite the fact that they did not direct it. That said I am hopeful that this movie will be a sort of return to form for them as I am a huge fan of the Matrix.

Oct 23 - 08:59 AM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

I heard they did direct it. Back when this movie was coming out, there was a rumor about one of them being gay (which was obviously true), I heard that the studio made them take their names off as directors out of fear that it would hurt the film's performance.

Oct 23 - 10:25 AM

Michael W.

Michael Whitley

Interesting, but I think I remember the trailers still playing up their names a lot as producers.

Oct 23 - 10:52 AM

Armond White Sucks

Michael Baldelli

You've obviously never seen Bridesmaids if you don't know who Melissa McCarthy is. That's a shame.

Also, if you think Shia is the one that ruined Indy 4, I'm not sure if there's much I can say. That film has so many problems, granted Shia is one, but he's hardly the reason it sucked.

Aliens man. F'n aliens.

Oct 23 - 02:42 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

I have Bridesmaids, didn't get around to watching it yet. Studying journalism doesn't leave you with a lot of free time. I can live with the aliens in Indy 4, I don't see how it's that much different from the Ark, a holy grail or voodoo magic. Shia's character, however, I cannot live with - he's a bad fucking actor with no charisma; that scene with his Tarzan-ing through the vines made me seriously consider leaving the theatre.

Oct 23 - 06:13 PM

King Crunk

I was never wtached Battlestar Galactica (the old series or the most recent one), so I am not angry at Singer for making a movie version of a series that was just rebooted on TV (I believe to critical acclaim, could be wrong). I'm not that interested in the movie, either, unless the trailer is just off the wall awesome.

I'm happy for Damon for finally getting to become a director. He's a fine actor who has worked with many great filmakers, so if he paid attention to them, he could be just as excellent.

The Wachowskis have not directed an all around good movie since the first Matrix. The second one had moments that were awesome (namely, the highway chase/fight), but was just sort of dragged in a lot of places. The third just sucked, nothing else to say about it. Speed Racer was an assault on the senses, and not in a good way. I'll give them kudos for one thing about that, though, which is they basically got the closest anybody has to making a live action anime. Does not mean it was good, though.

I think Rourke's departure from The Expendables 2 will screw up the storyline a lot, as I remember the story floating around was that they would all be reuniting to take down the guy's who killed Tool. And aren't they already shooting? I know I've seen pics of Stallone, Willis, and Schwartzenegger on set. Hopefully this is a smart move for Rourke, as In Bruges was great.

DA-UM! Django's cast is beyond stellar. Levitt now has roles in my two most anticipated films of next year: The Dark Knight Rises and Django Unchained.

I guess we now know why LaBeouf said he would not return for another Transformers; he was tired of the giant robots stealing the show, so now he is going to be in a movie where he is giant. SUCK IT, OPTIMUS!

I'm a big fan of sixties music and like Eckhart, but am disappointed a quality filmmaker is not going to be telling the story of one of The Beach Boys, they were an an amazing group.

Oct 21 - 06:59 PM

Noah Kinsey

The first series got critical raves. The spinoff (Caprica) didn't.

Oct 21 - 07:49 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Caprica was loved by geeks; sadly there's not enough geeks in the world to give networks the ratings they'd like.

Oct 21 - 08:30 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

yes; there wasn't anything like Battlestar Galactica at the time; and its pretty inventive looking back; now people call it campy and crappy.

Oct 22 - 03:19 PM

Janson Jinnistan

I don't know why Eckhart gets such a hard time here. I don't think either of these projects sound rotton. The Dennis Wilson story does have a lot of promise - from his brother Brian's meltdown over 'Smile' (box set out next month!), to hanging out with Charlie Manson, to making his own quiet classic in 'Pacific Ocean Blue' in the 70s. It has promise, but the writer and director are suspect.

Oct 22 - 10:07 AM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Top:

I feel a Star Wars rip-ff here. Yawn.

Fresh:

1. Love Cooper, so I'll look forward to this. I still can't believe he's 36.

2. Well hopefully Damon will do a great job Directing a film. Love this guy too, & looking forward to seeing something he directs.

3. Yawnville.

4. Ehh...

5. A Dark comedy you say? Now this is something I'm looking forward too anxiously.

6. Still more yawnville.

Rotten:

3. Yeah umm...this sounds more than just rotten.

2. My head began to hurt after reading this.

1. The first one made no damn sense, even after reading the book, & I had no interested in watching Angles & Demons. This here will be no exception. I still wonder how the news with Shia didn't land first spot.

Oct 21 - 07:29 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

The Mickey Rourke news is the best, to me. That sounds like a great movie. And it has my favorite actor, Sam Rockwell. And I adore In Bruges.

Oct 21 - 07:33 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

Also, the new cast news for Django Unchained. Gets better every week.

Oct 21 - 07:42 PM

Noah Kinsey

00-I wonder if the mainstream audience will come. Most casual moviegoers will assume it's a movie follow-up to the recent series (a la Serenity for Firefly), and not realize it's its own entity.
01-Love the dude, but this project does nothing for me. Probably because I didn't care for the original.
02-Count me in...to rent this.
03-So did they actually WRITE this, or is it like they "wrote" The Matrix?*cough*plagiarism*cough*
04-I hope this is more dialogue-funny and not slapstick-funny, but the premise sounds like the latter.
05-What is it with Rourke and little dogs? His stupid chihuahua had more character focus in Once Upon a Time in Mexico than his job as a right-hand man for a cartel leader.
06-So is Hollywood going to shut down until filming wraps up? After all, it seems like every actor in the industry will be in this film.
03-All the rotten elements of this project has been wiped clean with the fact that it will be coproduced by The Henson Company. Now I'm interested.
02-Who gives a shit about the director's past work. Aaron is a solid actor (though doesn't always pick the right projects) - so this should be more borderline than rotten.
01-This news does nothing for me. The Lost Symbol will just be the third movie in the series that I never see.

Oct 21 - 07:44 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

I think my hatred for all things Shia override even the Henson company. He's so bad that he could ruin a Spielberg movie (oh wait he already did).

Oct 21 - 08:36 PM

Fair enough :-)

Oct 23 - 10:53 AM

Noah Kinsey

The first series got critical raves. The spinoff (Caprica) didn't.

Oct 21 - 07:49 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Oct 21 - 08:30 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Oct 22 - 03:19 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

-Why, with such a rich and modernized lore created by the reimagining, does Brian Synger decide to remake the campy and nostalgia glorified original? It wasn't good, the premise of it was good, but the series hasn't held up AT ALL with time, unlike Star Trek.
-Don't really care for UNCLE, will only watch it if it gets raving reviews. -#3 is meh at best.
-The Wachowskis are overrated, they had one groundbreaking film (Matrix) and one not so bad but cliche riddled one (V). The gay soldier opposite sides sounded too much like an Oscar grab movie.
-Mickey Rourke should be better utilized than in stupid action movies (yes, I'm looking at you too Marvel Studios).
-Don't give a crap about her sitcom or her.
-I will not comment anything regarding QT's movie until I actually watch it. They sound with a lot of promise and they always end up disappointing me at first watch (though Kill Bill pt. 2 and Inglorious Basterds did redeem themselves, Jackie Brown and Death Proof are still lazy ass cheap filmmaking)

-Shia is a fucking waste of perfectly good film. I'd rather watch an actual snuff film that submit myself to that whiney idiot's acting. I hope the non Bay and non Shia rumours for Transformers are true, just to be rid of his sorry ass.
-The Beach Boys haven't been relevant for 20 years, why a biopic now? Can't we wait til they all die and then pretend we care?
-Dan Brown is a mediocre writer who gets mediocre movies made out of his crappy books, so I'm fine with this being a rotten idea.

Oct 21 - 08:21 PM

King Crunk

I liked Kill Bill 2 the first time I saw it, but loved it the second time. The only part I really do not care for is after she is buried alive, and it flashes back to the scene around the fire where Bill is playing the flute or whatever. Great dialogue but not all that engaging (my personal opinion). Inglourious Basterds was great, too, but I felt like Tarantino went overboard in a few sections and just had people talking for the sake of showing off how good he is at writing. Really, the opening scene and the one where Shosanna is at the restaurant and runs into Landa were the only parts that suffered from that, the rest was great stuff. I'd still give both of them 90%, though.

Oct 21 - 11:46 PM

Noah Kinsey

The part of Kill Bill that threw me out of the whole experience happened in the first movie. It was the part with Lucy's backstory where it switched to anime. I love engulfing myself in the world a movie creates, and I thought that sequence throws the viewer back to the reality where what we are watching isn't REAL. Not sure if I'm explaining that right where it makes sense, but oh well.

Oct 21 - 11:57 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

Don't what you are talking abut but Jackie Brown was freaking awesome!!

Oct 22 - 01:31 AM

Concur.

Oct 22 - 10:02 AM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Before Death Proof I found it to be QT's most disappointing film. I haven't rewatched it in a long time, maybe it's actually better than what I remember, but I was never really impressed by it (or entertained)

Oct 22 - 10:50 AM

Janson Jinnistan

"Jackie Brown" is no "Pulp Fiction", but it may be more mature. Sam Jackson still gives a strong performance. It stands up very well today. My only problem with "Death Proof" is what has been called the 'Tarantino Inflection'. My understanding is that QT is one of those directors who likes to dictate inflection of line-readings to his actors. When dealing with professionals (Reservoir Dogs), the actors can do marvelous things. But with amateurs (most of the girls in "DP", Tracy Thorn and Rosario Dawson excepted), the Tarantino flavor sounds...like warmed-over Tarantino. I very much enjoyed hearing Kurt Russell cry like a baby, though.

Oct 23 - 07:54 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Tarantino is good with dialogue (sometimes VERY good, sometimes just good) and in Death Proof he makes the dialogue run 90% of the movie. Problem is that the dialogue is not that interesting, the girls are run of the mill semi hot chicks and the only salvageable part is Kurt Russell, but still, I found him very underwhelming in the movie, mainly because he was shining more because those around him were so bad and not because his lines were so good (his lines were also meh, but he delivered them better). My issue with Jackie Brown is that I was expecting something more...thrilling to give it a word. Not with a lot of action or anything, but just something different. So when I saw this movie with a lead that I couldn't relate to or sympathize with, with two bad guys that were the best thing in the movie (and still not memorable by any means) I was thoroughly disappointed. I might give it a rent one of these days to see if my opinion of it has changed in the last 10 years, but I have to admit that I am not the most ardent QT fan out there.

Oct 23 - 10:05 PM

Noah Kinsey

QT knows he's good at dialogue - so much so that talking is the main drive of all of his movies, instead of action moving the plot along.

Oct 24 - 08:46 AM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

And it's worked for what is it, 7 films so far? But for me the formula is running stale, he's reached that "comfort" zone with his movies letting the dialogue drive the story, then putting in some out there ultra violence, then more dialogue. Hope he changes the formula a bit with Django, but I don't see that happening.

Oct 24 - 09:40 AM

Noah Kinsey

I think your instincts are right - it's given him positive reviews and success so far, so I don't see it changing any time soon.

Oct 24 - 04:13 PM

IrreducibleKoan

Sean Pak

Both Battlestar Galactica series were acclaimed, but only the new one had the incredible twist at the end. Shame the movie won't use since it's adapting the first series. But that makes me wonder: do we need this movie? The basic story has been told two times, and probably better than a movie can tell them, since they were drawn out over seasons. What can Singer do differently in just two hours? Why?

Never heard of U.N.C.L.E. before today, but hey, Soderbergh is a good director, and I like spy stories. Count me tentatively interested.

The Wachowskis hit gold one time (though I've heard their debut film Bound was good). They are in danger of turning into another M. Night. This Jupiter movie better be good. It's an important one for them.

I just don't know enough of Damon's movie's story to be interested. This is his first film so I can only hope he has directing chops. Good luck to him. It would be pretty neat if he has the same success behind the camera that Affleck has had. Maybe if that happens, they can collaborate again, co-direct ala Coen brothers or something.

In Bruge director is finally making something new! And the premise sounds interesting.

God damn, I am excited for Django Unchained. And just when I thought Levitt's star couldn't shine brighter.

Oct 21 - 08:29 PM

Noah Kinsey

You hit the nail on the head with the filmmaking brothers (er, siblings?).After their missteps, a lot is riding on this new film - and they KNOW it. That's why I suspect they will copy content from another source like they did with their breakthrough blockbuster.

Oct 22 - 12:01 AM

King  S.

King Simba

Sigh....this seems to happen every time a movie becomes hugely popular. You get a ton of people trying to degrade it by accusing it of stealing from other films. I love it how when Harry Potter become a huge bestseller, you had authors from all across the world accusing Rowling of rippoff their series (Rowling must have had one heck of a personal library when she was young) some even filing lawsuits, just to get a piece of the pie (as if Rowling ever stated that she was the one who came up with the idea of wizards in training) It was the same thing with Avatar, Inception, The Matrix, Star Wars, and who knows what else. I mean haven't you ever heard the expression "Good artists borrow, Great artists steal" Besides, all the directors of the aforementioned films said in one form or another that they made their films as homages to the stuff they grew up with as a kid, so it's not like they're trying to deny similarities between their films and previous works.

Oct 22 - 04:26 AM

Noah Kinsey

I'm not one to cry foul without tangible proof - so don't lump me into that group. The Matrix (the first one) took a bunch of material (and visuals, sequences) from the comic book series The Invisibles. Some of the side-by-side proof is crazy-obvious. Also, while I felt like Avatar borrowed from Fern Gully and Pocahontas, he made it enough of his own to not call it a rip-off. He DID (and even admitted to it in an interview) rip off Harlan Ellison sci-fi stories for Terminator. But whatever. Either way, get more facts before you assume someone is throwing around the pagairism card all willy-nilly.

Oct 22 - 09:29 AM

King  S.

King Simba

Yes, yes, the comparison's are so glaringly obvious - I've heard the same thing just a few weeks ago with Lion King and Kimba the White Lion. Yes, I'm sure you could find a lot of similarities between Lion King and Kimba, the Matrix and the Invisibles, Avatar and Dances with Wolves, the point is so what? Artists get their ideas from things around them, so you're almost bound to find similarities between their films and others preceeding them. As long as the film itself works, who cares where the ideas came from, unless you're the author and want to file a lawsuit. As I said in the previous post "Good artists borrow, great artists steal" Whether or not The Matrix rippoffed other films it was a great film in its own right just like The Terminator (wait, you say that that film is a ripoff and yet it's all okay because Cameron admitted it. So if the Wachowski Bros admit that their Matrix is a rippoff then suddenly everything will be okay and you can go back to enjoying the film?) Not to mention it arguably infleunced half the action films that came after it.

Oct 22 - 11:49 AM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

King S., I thought the same thing about Cameron with Terminator, and decided to do a couple searches. Apparently Cameron doesn't agree with the assertion at all. This was quoted from Wikipedia though, so you never know...

Ellison claimed that James Cameron's film The Terminator drew from material from Ellison's "Soldier" and "Demon with a Glass Hand" episodes of The Outer Limits. Hemdale, the production company and the distributor Orion Pictures, settled out of court for an undisclosed sum, "acknowledging" the work of Ellison at the end of the film. Cameron objected to this acknowledgement, which was forced on him by the distributor, and has since labeled Ellison's claim a "nuisance suit", referring to Ellison as a "parasite who can kiss my ass."

Oct 22 - 02:41 PM

Noah Kinsey

@King S. - If you don't know the difference between taking inspiration and copying frame-by-frame, then we may as well end this convo now. Do the research and find out what I'm talking about before claiming I don't know what I'm talking about. And nowhere did I EVER say it was ok for Cameron to rip off someone because he admitted it. No clue where you got that idea.

Oct 22 - 09:31 PM

Noah Kinsey

@Sean-Sadly, in 1984 Cameron had a taped interview with Starlog magazine and comes out and says he ripped off Ellison stories. Later, he asked the company to retract that segment, which they did - but not before someone at the magazine sent the clip to Ellison. That's when Ellison sued, and that's why Ellison won. 21st Century Cameron may deny it, but 20th Century Cameron was very open with where he got the material. Once again, I'm not gonna throw shit out there without tangible proof.

Oct 22 - 09:39 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

The Matrix is very similar to The Happy Man by Gerald W. Page. /// Its a shame Cameron RIPPED-OFF Ellison (and even admitted it) . . . Ellison is suing the makers of IN TIME (with Justin Timberlake) for copyright infringement. IN TIME also sounds similar to "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Philip K. Dick filmed as BLADE RUNNER (in IN TIME, the humans have the low life-spans instead of the androids.)

Oct 23 - 03:35 PM

Janson Jinnistan

@Noah: Love the shout out for Starlog, my favorite mag as a child.

Oct 23 - 07:57 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Oct 21 - 08:30 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Oct 21 - 08:36 PM

Fair enough :-)

Oct 23 - 10:53 AM

IrreducibleKoan

Sean Pak

Btw, can we stop calling Django Unchained a spaghetti western? It may be influenced by spaghetti westerns but last I checked, Tarantino wasn't filming it in Europe. Hell, it isn't even a western! Here's a quote by Tarantino: "I want to do movies that deal with America's horrible past with slavery and stuff but do them like spaghetti westerns, not like big issue movies. I want to do them like they're genre films." See? "Like" a spaghetti western, "like" a genre film. But it isn't a tag he actually gave this film.

Oct 21 - 08:42 PM

King Crunk

He specifically called it a "Southern," since it is a western, but set in the south. Maybe we should start referring to it as that.

Oct 21 - 11:32 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

dude, Django Unchained is a TOTAL Spaghetti Western homage directed by a guy named Tarantino (sounds pretty Italian to me). All of the Spaghetti Westerns were shot in Europe: many were filmed at the Cinecitta Studios in Rome and near Burgos and Almeria in Spain. Many westerns took place during or around the time of The Civil War (American).///Occupy . . .

Oct 22 - 03:29 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Tarantino is from Knoxville, TN, I think. I'm not sure he has a special ethnic affinity, in fact, I don't believe he really knows his Italian father. "Django" sounds like the perfect synthesis of QT's love of Spagetti Western and Blaxploitation.

Oct 23 - 08:00 PM

guibox

Darrell Corbel

I'm glad the Battlestar movie is going back to the original. I hated the whole premise of the re-made movie. Who the hell wants to see 'cylons' that look like humans? For those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s, the robotic, metal monsters that were the cylons were the best! It was campy, but it was fun in the same vein as Star Wars. The remake took all of that out and made it another boring, typical 21st century sci-fi yawn fest.

Bring back the cool space ships, the freaky looking leaders of the cylons and the metal beasts with the cool beam that went back and forth for their eyes!

Oct 21 - 08:44 PM

Joshua C.

Joshua Chilson

I'm really curious to see how BSG could be done in movie form. It would almost have to be a series, and I question how excited studios would be about taking on a not-sure thing like BSG would be for three shows.

I watched some reruns of the original series growing up, and I remember my shock at seeing Starbuck as a woman. But I have to say, after giving the series a chance, I was very pleasantly intrigued by the deep mythology and story telling. It was like Lost with a better ending.

Oct 24 - 08:27 PM

Kadeem S.

Kadeem Stewart

I watched all of the Battlestar Galactica episodes and it's one of the greatest sci-fi shows since Babylon 5 or Star Trek: TNG. I don't know if there's going to be a movie, hopefully it might get a shot.

After some disappointing movies like Ninja Assassin and Speed Racer, I think the Wachowski Bros. could make a big impact for "Jupiter Ascending." "The Matrix" was a classic and hopefully Warner Bros. could put the series either re-releasing in theaters in 3-D or on Blu-Ray.

Oct 21 - 09:47 PM

King Crunk

If they went all out and really got serious (and I'm talking like put everything on hold and sit down and do it yourself kind of serious) about converting The Matrix movies to 3D, I might actually be interested, at least for the first two. I think they could look really cool if it was applied with care and skill. But most conversions (I cannot think of one off the top of my head) look like crap, so I would not hold my breath about it turning out good. The Wachowskis have not released a good movie since the first Matrix, and have only directed one movie since The Matrix Revolutions, the AWFUL Speedracer. If they drop the ball with this one, which is sounding like a return to the kind of films that put them on the map, then there is a good chance they will not be on Hollywood's list of directors who can score a meeting rather easily. Also, I actually think Ninja Assassin would have turned out better had the Wachowskis actually directed it and not James McTiegue. It still would not have been good, but McTiegue hacked the action scenes to pieces on the editing room floor. At the Wachowskis know how to shoot/edit action.

Oct 21 - 11:42 PM

Janson Jinnistan

It's just my lonely opinion, but I enjoyed "Speed Racer". I agree that it might be the closet thing to a live action anime. And it's funnier than a lot of its fellow popcorn entertainment FX-travaganzas.

Oct 23 - 08:04 PM

Oct 21 - 11:32 PM

Oct 21 - 11:42 PM

Oct 23 - 08:04 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast