62% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Be With You (Ima, ai ni yukimasu) Reviews

skactopus
skactopus

September 7, 2008
Director Nobuhiro Doi brings this drama right out of one of Japan's best selling novels, by the same title. There is no surprise to the immense popularity of this film in Japan.For the most part, this film plays out like a drama. The run time is 1 hour and 50 minutes and it really is a slow burn the whole time. A father and a son are left alone after Mio, the wife and mother, dies. All of a sudden, she returns with no memory. It is that last statement that captures my interest.The first hour and a half plays out like any romantic drama. The story gives and shows the background of the characters as Mio re-learns about her past life and relationship with her family.There are a few odd parts throughout the film, but it all comes together at the end. The last 20 minutes are pretty good with some excellent storytelling. I have heard that a lot of people get emotional from watching this and it is probably from this part. I will also say that it involves a little bit of the unexplainable.The acting is good for a drama like this. Shido Nakamura is the exact opposite of his character in Neighbor No. 13. Akashi Takei is charming as the young Yuji and Yuko Takeuchi pulls off Mio.This isn't my type of movie and the first 90 minutes is nothing spectacular to me, but the final 20 minutes is really something. Fans of romantic dramas will find this film to be really enjoyable and as I mentioned earlier, there is no question as to why the novel is a top seller in Japan.
April 18, 2011
A fantastic Asian movie. I recommend it to those who like romantic dramas. I think it is unnecessarily long but not boring. A cute Japanese nuclear family...An engaging story and relaxing calmness of the film... I like it !
September 8, 2014
One of the best Japanese movie I have ever encountered. This drama mixes love, family values, and life philosophy perfectly, in such a way that a realistic fairy tale story would. The pace might be a little slow, as most Asian movies are, but the story is so good, you have no choice but get immersed in it. If you want to start watching Japanese dramas, I strongly encourage you to see this one.
June 9, 2013
The perfect title for this movie should be "rainy season"
March 3, 2013
Pertama bingung... terus aku suka sekali akan cinta mereka. (only in the movie... hiks)
October 29, 2011