97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Beach Blanket Bingo Reviews

May 3, 2014
My favorite of the Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello Beach Party films. These films are all pretty interchangeable, but I think I like this one better because Timothy Carey is extra bizarre in his role this time (tying Linda Evans to a log and sending her toward a buzz saw on a conveyor belt), that there's super cute, super young Linda Evans, and there are a couple songs that are way too catchy ("I Think, You Think" for sure). The rest of the film is pretty stander and silly. Don Rickles, Paul Lynde, Harvey Lembeck as Eric Von Zipper and Buster Keaton seriously slumming it in these films. Still, I really to enjoy these ridiculous films.
January 27, 2014
While it is certainly glad to know the teen movie genre has veered off from the teen angst kind of plot and focuses more on the "fun", Beach Blanket Bingo unfortunately proves to be nonsensical, over-the-top and a very scattered teen beach movie.
October 7, 2013
Like all the Beach Party movies, this is a motley collection of comedy linked by some rather mediocre songs. This one is one of the strongest of the series due to the presence of Paul Lynde, Don Rickles and series regulars Timothy Carey and Buster Keaton. Unfortunately Harvey Lembeck, by far the worst part of this series, has a really large part in it too.
August 12, 2013
stupid nonsensical fun. nothing better then 60's girls dancing around in bikinis for 90 min. A lot of jokes that fall flat and bad musical numbers, but what can i say i was entertained.
July 8, 2013
There is absolutely no plot, just mermaids, bikers, and half naked teenagers dancing and singing their way through life. That is why I had a fun time watching this silly comedy.

Grade: B-
December 7, 2012
Worth watching want to see!
June 21, 2012
the one that started it all
MovieGuruDude72
May 30, 2007
One of the 2,000+ beach musicals Frankie and Annettte put out during the 60s. As Ive often said, if THIS is what beach life was like during my parents teenage years then I am glad I wasnt around then. Not sure what I found more annoying about these movies, Frankie's helmet hair or the Dick Dale soundtrack. At least when Elvis did one of these he used his own songs. Dick Dale just rehashed the same guitar riff over and over again. It was like a death metal band, minus the death metal.
AJ V

September 5, 2010
Yes, it's another predictable, silly, stupid "Beach" movie! No surprises here.
bleuorchid21
October 29, 2010
Beach Blanket Bingo is a movie that was part of a series of films that came out in the 60s. Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello star as Frankie and DeeDee, two teens who are dating. Highjinks ensue throughout the movie as there is the occasional song, a gang of thugs, a mermaid, and skidiving involved.If you are interested in the 60s beach films that came out, check this one out.
October 29, 2010
sapphireoasis21
February 15, 2009
julianrcs1
October 10, 2010
my good old days lol
moviebuff18cab
July 19, 2004
BEACH BLANKET BINGO (1965)
Kind Of Blue
November 8, 2009
A window of time trnasporting us back to the most innocent period of films. Not a piece of art, but a classic.
Zeppo1
September 20, 2009
** (out of four)

Some consider this the best of the Beach movies of the 1960's. I'm not sure I'd go out on a limb on that, but you do get what you expect with the typical romance from Frankie and Annette, plus lots of sun, and surfing.
Ken S

May 6, 2007
I'm not going to hide it, I dug this film a lot. If swingin' music, hot chicks in bikinis, pansy ass biker gangs, mermaids and wacky high jinks are up your alley; I think you'll like it too.
ZsLara2005
July 26, 2009
A MUST SEE FOR ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH OR INTERESTED IN THE '60s....IT COVERED IT ALL MUSIC, TRENDS, EVEN CAUGHT THE GENERAL ATTITUDE OF "US" BACK THEN... ACTION AND ROMANCE COVERED IN MANY WAYS FROM WORDS TO DEEDS.. YOU WILL LAUGH, & CRY BUT LEAVE THE MOVIE WITH A GOOD FEELING...
dvaldezvegas
June 30, 2009
its a great movie singing dancing boys has girl boy loses girl boy fights for girls boy gets girl one of the best in its time nothing more you can ask for a great movie its a must see if you havent. Frankie and Annette a great team the prefect couple back in the day love this movie
rachaelstory