Bean - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bean Reviews

½ December 15, 2011
Bean, is a poor attempt to bring the famous Atkinson's character to the big screen and that waste the talent of Rowan in a stupid movie with a weak screenplay. Rotten.
TheDudeLebowski65
April 13, 2012
Mr. Bean's big screen debut is a pretty good comedy that has it flaws, but manages to be funny, good and above all a good attempt at bringing the dimwitted character on the big screen. I enjoyed the TV show, and grew up watching Mr. Bean so when this was released, I was pretty excited. The film is a pretty comedy that has good comedy, but the TV show is much better of course. The film has a decent cast starring opposite Rowan Atkinson, and they each have something to bring to the table. The film does have limitations, but for the most part it delivers good laughs. Compared to the show, the film is slightly disappointing, but it has everything you'd expect from Rowan Atkinson in his character. The film has good laughs, a decent script and decent ideas. The film is good, but like I said, it's disappointing compared to the show because like with every TV Show to the big screen adaptation, there's key elements missing from the film to really make it special. I liked the film, it made me laugh and Atkinson was lovable. If you want to check this one out, expect something average, and you won't be disappointed. The film isn't as bad as what everyone has claimed it to be, but compared to the show, it definitely isn't a memorable film. A good film, but nothing ever remarkable. There's some good funny bits, but considering that the TV show was great, the filmmakers could have made a better effort with Mr. Bean's big screen debut. Still a fun film to watch despite its faults.
September 6, 2010
I loved the Bean TV show, but stretching that out into a whole movie turns out unfunny and really annoying. There are a few good scenes, but overall it's just so-so.
July 26, 2011
Oh, do I feel nasty for giving a seemingly "bad" movie a good review. Well, we all tend to have those moments, I guess. The Ultimate Disaster Movie (More commonly known as Bean) tends to carry on allot from the TV Show... which is, I'm guessing, the main drawback. This is probably the main reason why it got such a huge underrated score. However, I have seen every episode of the TV Show at least 3 times (I loved it, and if RT gave reviews to TV Shows, I would give is 5 stars no doubt), and I decided that if I could just get past the fact that there are many remakes of the classic moments, I would enjoy it. Turns out I did. This movie isn't boring and the story is a bit higher than decent, and the comedy is pretty nice. Now, if only the other 44% of the people who dislike this movie could toughen themselves to feel the same way, I would gladly appreciate it.
July 18, 2007
The misadventures of London's own lunatic boob in Los Angeles, mistaken as an art specialist. There some moments of fun.
cosmo313
½ June 9, 2006
The Bean tv show was quite funny and entertaining, but the move to the big screen just doesn't seem to work quite as well.
thmtsang
July 29, 2007
Mr Bean goes to Los Angeles to deliver a famous painting but ends up ruining it. It's amazing he hards speaks but his actions are hilarious.
August 15, 2009
I haven't ever watched the show "Bean," but I like the movie. Mr. Bean is supposed to know a lot about paintings. Therefore, a man invites Mr. Bean to stay at his house for awhile until they go and see the famous painting called "Whistler's Mother." The bad thing is, everything doesn't go smoothly along the way and Mr. Bean has to do a presentation of the famous painting in order to get somebody to purchase it.
I thought some parts of "Bean" were hilarious. Some of the best parts are when Mr. Bean gets his head stuck in a chicken and when he puts laxative in a security guard's cup of coffee and then switches the keys around, thus the guard won't know which one is the key to the bathroom.

Some parts of "Bean" are corny, but most of the movie is hilarious. If you like comedy movies, "Bean" would be a good one to see. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000.
deano
½ November 23, 2006
This slapstick comedy is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen that I couldn't stop laughing. Rowan Atkinson's acting is beyond excellent since in his TV series, and all of the other characters are good as well.
There is a wonderful scene, for example, where Bean sneezes on the painting of Whistler's Mother, and then he tries to wipe off the spray with his handkerchief, which has been smeared with a leaky pen. So the painting gets smeared with ink, and he grabs the first can he sees off a nearby shelf, which happens to be paint thinner. It cleans the ink off nicely but then causes the paint to boil off, and then Bean frantically tries to save it by wiping it even harder, rubbing the paint off right down to the canvas. Sure, this is not the mark of an intelligent mind, but that's the point of the whole movie.
½ June 10, 2009
i saw this when i was just getting my first pubes and even then i'd tell ya; bean isnt that great
January 27, 2008
"Bean" demonstrates the misguidedness of translating comedy sketches to the big screen.
½ April 23, 2007
Extremly Funny, Mr. Bean is a total looser....I Love it! ^_^
jagfire
September 5, 2007
Got pretty ridiculous at times
August 25, 2007
This movie is Rowan Atkinsons blockbuster debut as Mr Bean, the infamous british shy guy whos comedy series has been deemed one of the funniest yet.
June 23, 2007
Mr. Bean goes to Los Angeles, and he really doesn't belong there. He ends up causing trouble and annoying a whole lot of people. Hollywood probably doesn't understand Rowan Atkinson and his Mr. Bean character, enough to make a good movie. Mr. Bean is suited for shorter skits, not a movie. They stretched something out painfully. There are a few funny scenes, with Mr. Bean making a mess of things, but overall I couldn't get into it.
½ June 6, 2007
Really disappointed in this. My major problem with it was when they had Mr. Bean show some compassion. We all know Mr. Bean is too big an idiot and too self-absorbed to have any compassion for anybody. He's like a child -- me, me, mine, mine. Rowan Atkinson is still funny though. How about a Black Adder movie?
puffchunk
½ May 6, 2007
I don't know...
garyX
March 15, 2007
Stretches a rather lame 30 minute TV show to the absolute limit. Atkinson is at his best spouting sarcasm and witty put downs, not stumbling around doing a ham-fisted impersonation of Frank Spencer. It says it all that the best reviewer's quote they could find to put on the DVD cover was "Bean is wacky".
½ March 11, 2007
Appallingly bad American movie adaption of the classic British TV comedy series.