18% Transcendence Apr 18

Because of Winn-Dixie Reviews

erika250
erika250

September 2, 2010
I read the book and the film is as good as the good. The film really follows the book's plot.
Also the film has some really good acting in it.this is one of the best dog films ever made.
Jason O

September 14, 2009
Rather surprising, didn't think I'd like it much, but had to watch it since it has 'Winn-Dixie' in the title, and that's my favorite grocery store.
Bobby H

August 26, 2007
Good family-movie, worth watching.
Leigh R

October 17, 2006
Pretty darn cute little film.
Bradley J.
Bradley J.

February 9, 2010
The lead girl is great at keeping the story interesting and letting everything flow. This movie fills me with happiness even though it features much melancholy. Everyone in the movie is amazing. It is a heartwarming movie. Overall Rating:76
Juan C

December 20, 2011
it's a good dog movie with obviously it's flaws, but i read the book and when i watched the movie, it was actually pretty decent, it's funny and harmless. B-
Jackson W

June 11, 2011
Tries too hard to be a light-hearted combo of Old Yeller and Air Bud, yet comforts with typical southern hospitality.
Donna D

September 18, 2007
Cute movie about a little girl that befriends a dog that form a unique friendshipt that is hilarious and touching. Simple but nice to watch and enjoyable for the kids. :)
timoncjm
August 25, 2013
It was a funny and enjoyable family comedy-drama movie. It had great cinematography, cast, characters, comedy, drama, music and a good storyline. It's one of the best family films ever made. I would recommend this movie to both children and adults.
April 20, 2012
One of those movies that improves upon multiple viewings. The first time I watched it, my reaction was less than impressed; it struck me as a little odd. The second time around though I appreciated it for its genuinely good mix of emotion. The film has depth, something rare in most of the films that have a child star. Anna Sophia Robb brings excellent character and expression to the character of Opal, and the story is pulled off without being hokey. Some great thoughts and feelings about human nature seen through the eyes of a child.
andi17
August 11, 2006
Oh, I liked Because of Winn-Dixie. I can ignore the many faults. Well, except that there's a difference between rats and mice, and for some reason, watching a movie where the characters repeatedly call rats mice makes it nearly impossible for me to maintain suspension of disbelief. But if I turn my bitch completely off (like I could REALLY do that), well, then yeah, I like this cute, fuzzy-wuzzy movie with the giant-eyeballs girl and the smiling dog.
shaerenee1989
April 20, 2009
this movie was absolutely wonderful. annasophia robb is so adorable and really coming into her own. a wonderful family movie
dancergrrl
December 13, 2008
awww, this was such a cute and sweet movie!!! annasophia robb is so cute with her little doggie [also very cute!]. it was rly sad b4 the end, but of course there was a happy ending! =]
LittleMissWendy
June 10, 2008
Sweet, kid friendly, but adults will like it too, and WINN-DIXIE DOESN'T DIE! This movie is really good. The book is even better.
May 3, 2008
Who take a dog in a store and names it after dixie cups!! It is a funny movie and i don't know who causes the most trouble the girl or the dog.
JakoOoObo
April 24, 2008
i remember we had to read the book in school and tehy were gonna show us the movie. i never saw it!!!!!! excuse you! bbut the doggy looks cool.
StaisilD
July 6, 2007
Opal (AnnaSophia Robb), is a 10-year-old girl who has just moved to a small town in Florida with her preacher father (Jeff Daniels). The move has caused Opal to lose all her friends, and now she must start all over again. Life has been a little tough for Opal, since her mother abandoned them when she was three. Opal's father asks her to pick up a few items for dinner at the Winn-Dixie supermarket. While in the store, a big dog is running loose in the store with clerks chasing after him. The store manager wants to call the dog pound, but Opal says that the dog is hers, and his name is Winn-Dixie. Opal take the dog home, and must convince her father to keep the dog. He agrees to keep the dog temporarily, until a new owner can be found. They go around town putting up posters of the dog, and later in the day Opal goes around and takes the posters down, because she secretly wants to keep the dog. Opal discovers that Winn-Dixie is able to make friends with everyone he meets, and now Opal has some new friends, because of Winn-Dixie.
November 19, 2007
I missed the middle of this movie, but what I saw I liked. Great story and great cast hopefully I can watch the whole thing sometime. I'm sure I'll end up rating it higher then.

I was finally able to watch the complete movie. I had to threaten bodily harm to watch it in peace and silence.

It was a all around great movie. It has it's happy moments and it's sad ones, an A+ story, and a wonderful cast including Jeff Daniels and AnnaSophia Robb.
fentonmeiks1
January 10, 2008
Strangely, I watched this movie one morning with a dog. He seemed to like the parts when the dog was on the screen.
Novasrule88
September 29, 2007
this was a really cute, and pretty funny movie! especially the cop "I better put it in drive" lol great movie