Beer for My Horses - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beer for My Horses Reviews

Beefy
½ December 25, 2008
I rented this with the intention of being sarcastic and superior. I was going to be the only person I know to watch THAT movie, much like I did with Postal. Well you know something? I'm a dick, because it really wasn't that bad.

Don't get me wrong, it's not high art by any exaggeration. But it's not trying to be. It's meant for a very specific audience and I imagine that audience enjoyed it quite a bit. The cast is likable enough, and the film is competently done. Nothing original or groundbreaking or even suspenseful, but it will feel quite comfortable to its intended viewers.

Sometimes it's good to get down from our cinematic high horse.

Anyone wanna go watch Dude, Where's My Car? in a totally non-ironic way?
EnigmaticHallucination
½ April 28, 2009
I honestly had no idea what to think about this before I watched it. I honestly don't even know what got my attention about it but boy am I happy I I watched it. Toby Keith is a better actor than he is singer...then again his music isn't so bad but I'm not saying it >_>

You have Toby as a deputy sheriff with a comedy duo of Rodney Carrington and Ted Nugent as his back up. I tell you what I love Rodney in everything I see him do ever since the days of Bob and Tom. His humor is so great in this movie. It's an action comedy that reminds me of a buddy cop movie you'd see in the 80's. This movie was watching just for the bathroom scene with Rodney. So great. You got Ted who never says anything and plays the guy with all the guns and loves his job and shooting at people. You got dysfunctional stuff you hear about in country songs going on for humor and a story that doesn't take itself to serious. Definitely worth a couple of watches just to see the comedy hi jinx that ensues.
½ May 14, 2011
Wrong in so many ways. Probably one of the worst movies ever made. I actually used to be a fan of Toby before this. Afterwards, I can't stand to see him or hear his name. This film is offensive, racist, and very unfunny. I'm glad that Willie was only in it for one small scene. Even he has higher standards than this. Toby has officially proven how hardcore American he is. He portrays everyone's outside the U.S.A. as an over the top stereotype. Even blacks aren't safe from racism in this movie. It's like the directors of Disaster movie and Meet the Spartans decided to go country and yes IT'S THAT FUCKING BAD! Beware at all costs. And no Toby Keith, this isn't a good movie. It's as horrible as I've learned you are. For those of you who didn't know, Toby actually wrote half the script for this. Sure you can blame it all on the other guy, accept Toby would have worked with him and brainstorm and APPROVE mind you. Mathew Buck, trash this movie a new one on BMB, let's not let this atrocity of a movie go unpunished. Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces, by trashing this bad movie 'Beer for my Horses'

My number one most hated movie of all time
May 13, 2012
Like Middle Age Crazy and Ode to Billie Joe, Beer for My Horses belongs in that small but not exactly elite company of movies based on hit country songs.
February 25, 2012
well after reading the posted reviews before mine . 1st Lonny's pickup (Thunder ) rocked, second Rodney Carringtons scene in the bathroom was way retarded . tobys preformance was ok . Claire really stood out in the movie as the best preformance. also the Blonde fire eater was a stand out preformance with what lil time she had .
September 8, 2011
Much better than I expected for a straight to DVD movie starring Toby Keith. One of my favorite guilty pleasures!
½ September 12, 2010
I went into this movie not expecting much, I mean, barely any of the cast has had acting experience and let's face it, noo one is expecting country singers to turn in a good acting performance, any singer for that matter. But this exceeded my expectations, not by much, but it still exceeded them. The movie was enjoyable, it was paced ok and I never really felt that it dragged. The humor sometimes wasn't the best but there were times that were very funny, and the cast turned in a pretty good performance...I enjoyed this movie and if there were ever a movie like it...I would probably see it.
April 23, 2010
"Besides some bad jokes, cliche moments, and foreshadowing of help from something useless, this movie proves to be okay."
½ February 14, 2010
What started off as a pretty funny movie and fun movie to start kept slowly falling apart as the movie went along. Toby Keith has a charm that shows his potential and I thought Rodney Carrington was kind of funny. But what made the song and video fun was not what was done with this movie. It was just a quick cash grab and that is what makes this more disappointing because with time taken, this could have been a great serious movie or something so funny. It had tons of potential.
½ August 31, 2008
own this.. watched it and its ok for what it was.. was thrilled to see david allen coe in this.. and willie nelson... but compared to the music video.. the movie was kinda a disappointment.
November 27, 2009
Strange comedy. I mean the cast was ok, but the humor was a bit off. I didn't really find myself laughing like crazy during this. It categorizes itself as a pure comedy and I do not see that at all. The story was really not that good and I found myself doing other things while watching it. It was a type of movie you could walk away and then come back and you didn't miss anything. I just wish it could be better.
August 3, 2009
#1 best movie of all time a must watch even through the stupid parts that make u want 2 pee in your pants
½ August 2, 2009
This is definately on my 'Top 10 Worst movies' list. The failed attempt at humor left me feeling awkward at the end of the movie. Did they honestly think this was going to work?
½ March 14, 2009
toby's second movie. he is a cop and it is just so funny. i mean come on "whiskey for my men, beer for my horses"
January 24, 2009
Maybe I didn't hang in there long enough, or I wasn't in the right mood - but I couldn't watch more than 20 minutes
January 23, 2009
It was a good movie. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but it had a good story and kept me entertained. So it wasn't bad but could have been better.
January 6, 2009
It was funny to me because I'm from a small town in Kentucky. The characters are really believable to me. To people from larger areas, it may not be so realistic, and the may not find it as humorous.
½ December 29, 2008
Bad movie - but at least it was better than the last red neck movie I watched (Bait Shop). I may have caught myself laughing a couple of times, but then I felt embarrassed. Don't watch.
½ December 18, 2008