—— Hercules Jul 25

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Beetlejuice Reviews

March 12, 2014
Just watched this for the first time since childhood and while the special effects don't exactly stand up to today's standards the film still holds a remarkable charm and humor unlike any movie about death that I've ever seen before.
In fact, its somewhat mind boggling to look back on this and consider how much leeway Burton was given by the studio to make this in what was clearly his way. Everything about this reeks of his wacky, gothic style and its amazing that Warners let him as a very new director go hog wild with this as much as they did. When oh when will the studios get a backbone like that again?
February 26, 2014
Imagine an early Tim Burton rooting through a trash heap like an emaciated junkyard dog, gnawing on spent condoms, intermittently and inexplicably turning up a hunk of bacon--still sizzling.
Megan
October 29, 2010
This movie is absolutely hysterical. Definitely potty humor level, but who couldn't benefit from taking things a bit less seriously? Michael Keaton plays Beetlejuice perfectly. I still think of this movie ANY time I hear Harry Belafonte's versions of "Jump in the Line" or "Day-O".
October 27, 2012
One of the best Tim Burton films I have seen.
February 2, 2014
A truly stupendous blend of the comedy and horror genres. The cast of loveable yet wholly unique characters give Burton's film a surprising and refreshing warmth. The special effects are a little lackluster, but they get the job done. Clever and engaging, Beetlejuice is an instant favorite and a great family movie.
Drew B.
January 21, 2014
Tim Burton's dark comedy is a sucessful flick that is quite original.
January 13, 2014
Effects (13) TO OWN BLU
Diego Tutweiller
September 30, 2012
An enduringly funny and quotable, yet somewhat flawed movie.
November 3, 2011
Classic and must-see. It's very original and it'd be hard for me to point a similar movie.
July 2, 2007
i love tim burton and the cast is good too!
December 29, 2013
Beetlejuice is an offensive, degrading, and abominable piece of work, and the movie bearing his name is just as great. This is Tim Burton at his best.
May 15, 2010
Michael Keaton is brilliant!
The Phantom Creep
October 5, 2012
Beetlejuice is positively unorthodox and kooky. It took me years to realize that Betelgeuse is basically Tom Waits.
December 23, 2013
My favorite Tim Burton movie
December 8, 2011
A playful comedy horror from Tim Burton. The humor and the make up effects hold up even after 25 years of release, no mean feat! Keaton is awesome as the titular demon conman.
December 19, 2013
Looking back at this childhood favorite... what a completely insane premise. We need more movies this original.
December 12, 2013
Humourous script and entertaining performance from Michael Keaton, Beetlejuice gives out a perfect vibe to the birth of Tim Burton's style.
December 12, 2013
Meh, I just could never see the hype. It wasn't a bad movie, but still.
December 8, 2013
Since I was a kid this has been one of my favorite movies. Watching it as an adult, I can now see a lot of stupid little things that I don't think they should have gotten away with, but you just have to look past it. Michael Keaton is hilarious at all times, its a real shame he didn't get more screen time. Hope to see a sequel in my life time.
finlaybuchanan
June 21, 2011
Reasonable film and some mildly amusing moments.