90% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Before Sunset Reviews

July 25, 2014
This was a tough one. When I first finished the film, it felt like nothing too eventful happened. But then I realized something...the characters revealed more about themselves in this one than they did in the first. And that's saying something! Again, the acting and writing is just fantastic. The ending felt a little abrupt at first, but then I realized it couldn't have been more perfect. This is really turning out to be a fantastic romantic trilogy :)
Ky K.
July 22, 2014
Not as charming as its prequel, however Before Sunset keeps the line of a different romantic drama film, with smart and deep dialogues.
July 12, 2014
This is the film that really showed me what films were capable of doing, actually changing people's lives.
July 12, 2014
not as charming as the first, but i just love how they can just talk through the movie and just keep getting more existential as i look deeper into myself
September 22, 2006
Ethan Hawke's charm and Julie Delpy's sexy accent reunite 9 years after they first met on a train. This time, they have have a little over an hour to catch up, and you can feel the time crunch as they express all the thoughts they've been dying to let out, thoughts that they've kept inside in hopes of seeing each other again one day. It all happens in real time--each second in this movie is each ticking second of their short reunion. The movie ends abruptly, and almost perfectly, to let you wonder what will happen next...
July 3, 2014
Evidence that romance isn't dead in film, but more importantly, that sequels can have an important role to play, especially in cases such as this when chronicling the effects of time. It's thoroughly engaging to see the results of the first film and events prior to this one unfold, not just told through the dialogue, but also expertly through acting; notably by Julie Delpy. The characters are even more intriguing this time round, something which makes out for a phenomenal story in a simple plot that should be watched by everybody; as it truly is an educational viewing.
July 1, 2014
the timeline of the movie is extremely intelligent and their reunion is beautiful.
June 29, 2014
"Before Sunset" is one of the most amazing, real love stories out there. Like the other films in this series, all of the dialogue feels completely candid as the story of Jesse and CÚline unravels in real time. With just an hour in Paris to catch up on the past nine years since their first meeting, the mood transitions from friendly to sentimental to hostile to regret. On a different level, we discover the masks of happiness that both characters wear and see those masks slowly disintegrate to reveal their true dissatisfaction with life, unable to find any experience that matches that one night when they first met. It is ludicrous that this screenplay lost to "Sideways" during the Oscars. Has there ever been a more genuine conversational dialogue written? I think not. Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy's chemistry is stronger than the first film and that true longing is in their eyes. I cannot imagine a more vivid portrayal of love. While the synopsis of the film might make it sound like the same story in a new city, it is completely unique because the characters have changed over the past nine years. We get to meet each character in a completely new way. Although I love this film's predecessor "Before Sunrise" and highly recommend seeing it, this film could actually stand on its own as it explains the entire first film through several brief flashbacks (literally a few second each). The subtlety of the final scene is the greatest romantic moment, as CÚline plays the guitar and sings a song that she wrote about that night that changed their lives. "Before Sunset" is a must-see. It will change your perception of love forever.
June 28, 2014
Los amo tanto que 5 estrellas me parece una pobreza. Quiero ponerles 35!
June 28, 2014
Love the long takes, the acting, the conversations and the ending. Everything seems so genuine and so sweet.
May 28, 2013
Everyone seems to claim this sequel is better than the original, which I find hard to justify claiming. Obviously there are strong hints of adultery, and it could make anyone with a previous relationship in a marriage have regrets and want to go after their former flame. I don't like that idea. I also thought that Celine kept contradicting herself, stuff she believed in the first movie didn't seem to be the same here, but granted she's 9 years older. But even throughout, the dialogue seemed to contradict itself a few times. But I guess that just makes the confusing nature of women still confusing, so that' probably realistic haha. But I did like that they cleared up what happened before, and how it's effected them both. It almost didn't feel natural enough, like they had been together several times since their last meeting. But I guess I don't know what it would be like to be in that situation. Another thing that applies both to this film and the previous one, it feels mostly like a political message at some points. I felt like this detached from some of the relationship aspect of the stories. Although these topics would come up in these situations most likely, it just felt forced. But that might also be because I felt targeted in some ways. First because they challenge religion and don't really want to believe in it, although they do see the beauty in it some times. And then conservative values... however it did get me thinking and relating to some of my quasi-liberal beliefs. However, that is still irrelevant to the film itself.
Diego Tutweiller
June 12, 2014
This sequel to the instant classic Before Sunrise is less involving, more jaded, and turns the characters into vessels for meandering dialogue instead of defining them. The script is overall still jaw-dropping, though, as are the uncut, 10-minute scenes of talking. Full review soon.
June 11, 2014
A logical progression from the first film, Before Sunset is about the devastation of regret at missed opportunities as well as the notion that it's never too late to seize the day and change the course of your life.
June 11, 2014
they. never. stop. talking.
June 8, 2014
Absolutely beautiful. The same amazing dialogue and acting while also taking into account the amount each character has grown in his/her life.
June 5, 2014
The second part in the 'Before Trilogy' Before Sunset takes place nine years after the first film and it turns out they never did meet like they said they would. Nine years later, Jesse has written a book about the encounter. During his accelerated European book tour, he reunites with Celine in Paris. Before Jesse's flight home, he joins Celine for a picturesque walk around Paris peppered with intimate conversation: at first, about the minutiae of their day-to-day lives and their relationships, and then about their lingering feelings for one another. This is again is truly magnificent in its writing and acting, the film has what the first film had and doesn't lose it at all. The chemistry between these two characters is stronger than ever and in the middle of the film its so hard to see where their characters are going to go because both of them are in relationships (not very healthy ones) so they can't simply just get back together...Anyway this is spoiler free so I'm not going to go into details about do they, don't they but this is a great middle entry into the series. My only gripe with it is that I wish it was a little bit longer, even for a talking romance movie, 80 minutes really isn't a long time but it wraps up perfectly and I just can't wait to put Before Midnight into DVD player because I could watch hours of these two characters. Filled with engaging dialogue, Before Sunset is a witty, poignant romance, with natural chemistry between Hawke and Delpy. A-
June 1, 2014
A Almost perfect sequel to a perfect love story.... I felt like this one wasn't as effective as the first because it takes place in the daytime and there's just something about how the city was a character itslef in the last film... All nit picks aside this is a very solid sequel.
May 29, 2014
I appreciate Before Sunset for what it is - a sequel made nine years after the original, set nine years after the original, starring the same two actors and following up on the events of the original - but that doesn't mean I liked it. The conversations in this film weren't as interesting as the first movie, and I didn't want the two romantic leads to get together anymore. Yes, it feels very realistic, but who wants to listen to people complain about their life and their marriage for over an hour?
Spencer S

May 28, 2014
The original Richard Linklater classic featured two fresh, young voices, finding each other in a spontaneous bohemian kind of way. Nine years, and a trail of failed relationships later, and our lovers find each other in Paris, beginning again from the ruins of their shared past. Beautiful for its Parisian sights, but also for its lovelorn dialogue, this film works principally because it's a simple tale of love, having less to do with a pair's story and more with the mechanics of their love affair. The characters are interesting, their conversations are crisp and new, and we as the audience revel in their experience, but also in finding out the answers to our questions from the first film. Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke work well together to create an organic and truly magical partnership as Celine and Jesse, and we watch because of their chemistry. The films not only circle around an interesting couple, but show love's evolution and fragility.
February 9, 2014
It's a sequel to Before Sunrise (1995). They are challenging movies that most parts consist of conversation between the two. I want watch another sequel 'Before Midnight'.