La Belle verte Reviews

January 15, 2012
This is probably one of the best film and most unusual piece of cinema I have ever seen. Treated like a comedy, this meditation on nature, society and human behavior is absolutely unique and incredibly good from start to finish. The film holds a very strong ecologic message while delivering some amazing scenes of pure comic genius. Definitely a very strong entertainment that will make you think, laugh and mediate on your own relationship with the society of consumption. Two thumbs up!
February 3, 2015
Beautiful movie, fresh, funny and a source of inspiration in this chaotic world.
September 20, 2014
Silly & pointless movie. Barely says anything that can be improved about Earth that we do not already know; & not imagination or thought is put into how they live in harmony, which seems a simplistic picture aided by their unique mental powers. All in all, not worth watching.
February 4, 2014
wonderful, despite some french humor
January 2, 2014
I love this little movie, although sometimes too simplistic. Naif, but funny.
March 9, 2013
Stuff dreams are made of ;)
February 7, 2013
An incredibly enlightening film about human existence in today's society.
December 16, 2012
so beautiful and funny, made me smile for hours afterwards :)
November 2, 2012
Very agreable. A change for once. Thanks to Coline Serreau
½ October 24, 2012
Awesome movie , intelligent and critical.
½ October 3, 2012
This is not a classic, not a Kubrick masterpiece nor land mark in film making, it is much more important than that. Love it or hate it, there is more truth in this story than most films without insulting, frightening or brainwashing the viewer. In fact La Belle Verte is mostly funny and just gives your own perception whether the way we live if right or wrong. Brilliant.
High notes -
Dr - Coline Serreau
Ac - Coline Serreau
Script
June 6, 2012
Film à Voir évidemment !! Avec toutes les valeurs que ça véhicule! Pas moralisateur dutout !
Une vision du monde en référence !
October 22, 2011
One of my cult movies... Available in french with english subtitles, I can loan it to you if you want, this is one of these movies who make you feel better, more intelligent and leave this weird little smile on your face...
October 13, 2011
15 stars out of 10, great message for humanity.
August 31, 2011
probably the most special film ever seen...pure light )
March 18, 2011
This may be the most special film we have ever seen, any time any place. See it on Pulse in 9 parts.
February 10, 2010
Amazing, inspiring and funny.
October 22, 2009
Is this film banned?
½ March 18, 2008
LA BELLE VERTE (1996)
directed by Coline Serreau
starring Coline Serreau, Vincent Lindon. Marion CotillardNobody ever wants to go to Earth. Its dirty and its inhabitants are kind of dumb too. Its been two hundreds years since one visited Earth, somebody really have to go this year. Mila is volunteer, cause apparently her mom was from Earth and she'd like to see the planet of origin of some of her ancestors. She meets a doctor whom she helps see things differently and help a nurse take care of a baby that would end up in a terrible orphanage otherwise.La belle verte is an unsual science-fiction comedy. It acts like its naive, but its actually pretty clever and its kind of a social critic. It has a sweet sense of wonder and a nice sense of humor.The plot works as a sketche and some of the gags fail, but others are just hilarious. The acting is fairly good. Vincent Lindon is actually very funny and lets not forget an early performance from the always gorgeous Marion Cotillard. Its charming, quirky and refreshing, there isnt much more to say about it, except maybe that is works just fine.