62% The Maze Runner Sep 19

90% Outlander: Season 1
82% Satisfaction: Season 1
87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Belphégor - Le fantôme du Louvre (Belphegor, Phantom of the Louvre) (Belphecor: Curse of the Mummy) Reviews

bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

September 21, 2012
Out of all the Mummy movies and Indiana Jones type movies this unknown but excellent film is about one of the best I've seen with a host of not known stars here in the US. Enjoyable from start to finish 4 stars 9-13-12
Luke B

December 28, 2010
Ghost of a Mummy haunts the Louvre. The CGI ghost is not very impressive at all, and since none of the characters can actually see it, it's pretty pointless. Just the audience are treated to poorly rendered effects. On top of that we have some bizarrely outdated, at times laughable, effects. A ghost on wheels to give the impression of floating. Running down the stairs with constant fade effects. This is the kind of stuff they used in silent movies. Effects aside, the story isn't much better. A phantom mummy haunts the Louvre in order to acquire the artifacts it needs to go into the afterlife. There isn't much going on in terms of character,and by the end it's hard to care what happens. Here is a spirit trapped in the world of the living, but it's a malevolent spirit that kills. Also, it only kills characters we don't know, so it's hard to connect. Simple and not very effective. Luckily, Marceau is beautiful.
armybratgeo
April 2, 2009
I love Sophie Marceau, remember her from my childhood growing up in Germany.She was great as the Bond Girl...but this Movie was almost a complete disaster. Bad story, bad CGI, bad acting, boring execution and a total waste of my time. Glad i got this as a free rental, I would be even more mad if I paid for it.
August 21, 2008
Very average story of an Egyptian mummy haunting the Louvre. Bad CGI and a kinda boring story don't sell this very well.

Rental? Maybe?
jazza923
July 24, 2008
The story is rather silly, and I am surprised at whom is in the cast, but their presence makes it worth looking into. Moderately good special effects, the Louvre is a great setting.