Berserk Reviews

March 10, 2010
"MAN HAS NO CONTROL... EVEN OVER HIS OWN WILL."

Usually I do not like character development, but that's all this animated series is (it unfortunately did not continue despite the fan base).

"A friend is someone who has his own dream and strives to make it come true. And if someone tries to destroy his dream, he will try to destroy that person. Even if... that person is myself. For me, a friend is someone who is on my level."

Hands down, this has the most intense cliff hanger ending I have ever seen in any film or TV series. If you're the type who loves to have their stories come to some form of closure/resolution, the last episode may make you lose your shit.

"If you are to make it all the way to the castle... you will need to pave your path with many more stones..."
September 25, 2009
I am hoping one day people will unite and demand a continuation of this series. It is great the way it is but It could be even better. I predict in 20 years, hollywood will see that anime has some outstanding stories, buy the rights to them and ruin 75% of them. We'll see.
½ March 31, 2009
The first thirteen volumes of the manga are covered, including the first two arcs (Black Swordsman & Golden Age). Though the manga storyline remains largely intact, many changes were made concerning the modification or elimination of characters, some of the series' most violent and brutal scenes, and material that would have extended the storyline beyond the planned run of the anime series. Themes of friendship and ambition are more developed and emphasized than those of causality and the supernatural in part because of these changes, all of which were made with the approval of the series creator, Kentar Miura.
½ April 23, 2015
Intense, unflinching, and engaging. Berserk is a character study as much as it's a violent tale of medieval warfare and fantasy horror. A must watch.
July 31, 2013
A truly polarizing work. You will either love this show or hate it, but at the end of the day Berserk stands as a beautiful (water colored backgrounds), and thematically powerful piece. The series takes it's time to really gain traction, but if you have the tenacity to make it through episode 26 (without someone spoiling the series for you) you'll limp away changed.
June 9, 2013
that's a excelent work for low budget anime series, i got impressed with their animation technic. The voice work is great even in english( i still feel a little bad we don't have berserk in portuguese dub here in Brasil ) However, i thought they would going to show a little more... I only think this ending really sucks... if they had more money they could probably make another season following the line of the manga.
November 30, 2011
Simply put this is a masterwork.
November 21, 2012
I don't think there will ever be anything so beautiful as this series, I am so glad we will finally see the continuation. It took many years since the series, but I think it will worth the waiting. The story is amazing, all the characters are, and I love hand drawn anime, I guess many others love it as well.
July 19, 2012
GREAT ANIME!!!!!! If u like the manga you might be a little disappointed since they cut out a couple of parts, but if u are new to this series and are considering to watch a very good anime with a lot of action, adventure, excitement, and amazing story. Then you have to watch Berserk!!!!
½ June 10, 2011
THE best anime EVER. Can't wait for the mvoie to come out this year. Not for the faint of heart
February 20, 2011
One of the best animes out there. The story about Guts and The Band of the Hawk is a timeless story about pride, love and friendship on the battlefield of the medieval Europe. This is much more than the typical anime. Even though the battles are in the focus the thing that makes the story interesting are the vivid characters which are one of the best I have ever encountered with. If you have a chance don't miss out to see this masterpiece. The only problem is that the anime is too short - it covers only the first third of the manga which is ongoing and with no end in sight. When you finish with the anime I suggest you look for the manga as well, but I believe you will want to do so desperately. 10/10