Between Us - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Between Us Reviews

DrStrangeblog
December 20, 2013
Badly manufactured 2-couple drama loaded with artificial dialogue and hollow performances. David Harbour is the major offender in that regard, and while I love Melissa George I couldn't stand more than 25 minutes of this tripe. Even a morose Julia Stiles looked like she didn't want to be there. A big W.O.T.: waste of time.
August 25, 2013
Updated version I guess of Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?. You know couples bickering about different issues.
½ August 13, 2013
"Between Us" is a well-made indie played by great actors (including Julia Stiles and Melissa George) about social gap between adult friends these days...and the fact that the abundance of money (or even the lack of it) could sometimes help make or break a relationship. With the targeted audience of young adults who are striving to seek identity for themselves, whether it is in career, money, or significant other, there is plenty of lesson to be learned from this film. Never mind the fact that it was created under such a small budget.
½ June 4, 2015
Horrible people. Horrible movie.
½ June 14, 2013
Good actors trapped in a very stage-bound movie.
August 29, 2014
The writing and direction was lacking.
½ January 31, 2014
Pretentious without being engaging.
August 27, 2013
Powerful. Intense. Often awkwardly funny. A perfect distillation of the uncomfortable social boundaries that these characters have no qualms in crossing. Directed beautifully
½ August 6, 2013
I am not sure how this is a comedy? There is no doubt it is a dark film that will keep you uncomfortable throughout the entire 90-minutes.

Julia Styles is really great in this film. The entire cast is good, but Julia does an amazing job at playing multiple versions of her character.

I don't think this is a great film to see if you are thinking about getting married, but it is a great film to see if you want to be entertained, but in an uncomfortable way.

I strongly reccommend this film for anyone that is looking for a dark drama, with a deep relationship story in the background. It is deep in conversation and multiple layers of these two couples relationships are brought out throughout the film.

Overall it is a GREAT MOVIE!
August 4, 2013
I only withstood a little over thirty minutes; Miserable, petty, empty, nagging, pretentious, self-absorbed, bickering, boring, soulless characters exchanging meaningless, angry dialogue. Horrible!
July 30, 2013
A beautifully shot and edited film about the ups and downs of friendship and marriage - this will resonate with anyone who has lived life and knows that it is not always wine and roses.
June 24, 2013
another julia stiles interracial relationship movie. what? does she like black men? in some of her movies they put her with a black man, does she star with white men.