Beverly Hills Cop II Reviews

½ July 18, 2015
La saga continua con una de sus mejores entregas. Murphy vuelve a encarnar a Foley, siendo tan genial como siempre, pero es que ahora además sus compañeros de vivencias toman mayor control de las escenas y podemos ver momentos realmente divertidos con el trío de policias.

Se nota que Tony Scott entró en la dirección ya solo por su fotografía y sus escenas de acción, aunque si es cierto que el final no es tan épico como el de la primera parte.

Otro gran clásico ochentero.
April 8, 2015
Same cast....lousy jokes and not up to the first.
March 7, 2015
Right from the beginning, this sequel to Beverly Hills Cop seems to give more of an impression of confidence than the first film did, and that seems to be a trait shared by many film sequels (though mostly in the action genre). But it's not enough for a film to exude a more confident approach if it doesn't fully translate into a superior film. I say this because, while the performances are pretty enjoyable, the writing is rather lazy, and suffers the kind of deterioration that is almost inevitable with most sequels. That being said, it may not be cleverly written, but it certainly knows how to make up for it. The production values are certainly better than its predecessor, and the film's soundtrack is top-notch stuff. Even if the film lacks spectacular action scenes, the film still has a saving grace in Eddie Murphy's hilarious voice. It's not as good as its predecessor, but then, most sequels aren't anyway. Aside from that, the film itself is fun enough that the positive aspects tend to outweigh the negative aspects throughout the whole film, and if I can sit through the whole film without focusing on the negatives, that's good enough for me.
½ February 6, 2015
Not as good as the first one, but a good companion and follow-up.
February 6, 2015
While not as good as the original (sequels rarely are), this movie still has some classic 80's Eddie Murphy and overall it's a fun romp. You would still include this when discussing how great Eddie Murphy was in the 80's. Axel Foley is an action/comedy icon. And Taggert/Rosewood were always perfect foils for his madcap fun.
½ January 3, 2014
Though not as critically but was moderately successful financially as its predecessor, Beverly Hills Cop II still passes with flying colors with many laughs due to Eddie Murphy's comedic talents.
December 11, 2010
The second movie is just as good as the first with lots of comedy and lots of action to keep everyone entertained!
November 15, 2014
The filmmakers seem to believe you make a comedy by featuring a funny actor in the lead. Who needs a funny script?
July 19, 2007
Back in the day Eddie was the big thing after the success of BH1 the thought this would be just as good. The plot was confusing and the film look was darker. Let me save the next generation no need to see this. it is not as good as the first and wile your at it skip BH3.
½ June 17, 2011
This fun sequel carries its predecessor's heart with more laughs. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
August 20, 2014
This time Eddie Murphy travels to Beverly Hills when his good friend Bogomil is gunned down and he tries to find out who is behind the shooting with the help of his two crime buddies Rosewood and Taggart.
February 12, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
July 23, 2014
A lot more actionin this sequel.
November 27, 2009
About as good as the original if not as clever
½ October 30, 2012
The original Beverly Hills Cop is one of my favorite comedies. But, comedy sequels can be a dangerous territory riddled with numerous notorious failures of the genre. Beverly Hills Cop II is not one of those failures. In fact, it is one of the most underrated comedy sequels ever made. Is it as good as the original? No, but it's still pretty damn funny and packed the brim with exciting action sequences as a Beverly Hills Cop film should be. I don't know what people found to be so disappointing about this one, but I'm going to do my best to defend this terrific, under-appreciated sequel.

Axel Folely is back in Detroit. When he's not working undercover, he's busy pissing off his superiors as usual, but also still retains contacts with the police friends he made back in Beverly Hills.

Meanwhile, in Beverly Hills, a series of robberies are taking place by a group of people led by a person dubbed the "Alphabet Bandit." When Axel's Beverly Hills friend, Bogomil is trying to investigate this spree of crimes, he is gunned down by people working for the bandit and is hospitalized.

Upon hearing this news, Axel travels back to Beverly Hills to help out Rosewood and Taggart (His other cop friends he made in the first film) by investigating this series of crimes, even though the chief expressly forbid them from doing so. Now the trio must figure out who is behind these crimes and take them down, while getting into a series of hilarious shenanigans along the way.

The story isn't as polished as the first film's and is riddled with plot holes and bizarre moments. Still, it's the characters that make this film what it is, regardless of the all the plot holes. All the characters you know and love from the previous film are back. I also loved all the ridiculous scenarios the film played out because they were always funny and action-packed.

The acting is pretty good across the board. Once again, much like the original film, Eddie Murphy steals the show as Axel Folely (Oh, Eddie Murphy, what happened to the days of great comedies?). Even with a number of other talented actors around him, he steals the limelight, but he's what you watch a Beverly Hills Cop film for and I'm perfectly okay with that.

The humor of course, is absolutely hilarious. I laughed loudly and constantly, much like the original film. I didn't feel that there was a single weak joke to be found in this film and that's something I expect from this sort of film. It's an absolute blast that almost had me rolling on the floor with laughter.

Plus, the action sequences are also stellar. There's car chases, gun battles, explosions, heist sequences, and more. I was thrilled from beginning to end and I had an absolute blast with this film.

Beverly Hills Cop II is a very underrated sequel. It's hilarious, action-packed, and a hell of a good time for anyone who enjoys a good comedy or action flick as it packs the goods in spades. It's not as polished as the original film, but it works damn well as a worthy successor to the classic original. Give it a chance.
½ June 3, 2014
Recycles the basic set-up and plot of the first 'Beverly Hills Cop' except with more guns, less humor, and extra-added misogyny. Looks slick, because of Tony Scott, but it's one of his worst films -- and in the running, at least, as one of the worst sequels ever made.
½ March 16, 2009
Not quite as good as the original, but it works.
March 31, 2014
Beverly Hills Cop II is a very good sequel to the original 1984 classic and it is still an entertaining sequel that will thrill fans of the Beverly Hills Cop series. This movie takes place after the events of the first film where Axel Foley who is still living his everyday life in Detroit as a wisecracking police officer but soon after hearing the news of Lieutenant Bogomil's near death ambush he returns to Beverly Hills once again to solve the near fatal shooting of Lieutenant Bogomil and he is also investigating the case of the alphabet crimes which involved Bogomil getting shot. I seriously like this sequel to the original and it may not be as good as the original but it is an entertaining yet hilarious sequel that managed to succeed in keeping fans of the series entertained. One of the great things about Beverly Hills Cop II is that the film manage to stand on its own a lot and the whole film itself is extremely fun to watch thanks to a clever script and some tight directing from Director Tony Scott. The other things I like about Beverly Hills Cop II is that the film's soundtrack is just as catchy as its predecessor and I adore the Axel F theme song in this film even the shootout song from the first film is extremely effective and fun at the same time and I'm happy enough that Harold Faltermeyer returned to compose the song for this sequel after he compose the soundtrack for the original Beverly Hills Cop. Plus the whole movie also has lots of dialogue that seriously cracked me up real hard and I just enjoyed listening to the dialogue of each of the characters every time they crack a joke and it seriously cracks me up a lot but one of the biggest and true main highlights of the movie is not only the acting but also the funny scenes in the movie and there are so many hilarious scenes in this film that seriously made me laugh real hard just like how much I laughed real hard in watching the original Beverly Hills Cop(Billy Rosewood's driving which is the best and funniest part of the entire movie, The shooting gallery scene and John Taggart slipping into the swimming pool of Axel's rented home superb to watch and super funny at the same time)and I love all of the hilarious scenes in this film a lot it made me laugh a lot just like how the jokes in the original made me laugh as well. Now for the acting. I just have to say that the acting in this film is superb. All of the returning casts including the new ones managed to exceed their performances in the movie. Eddie Murphy managed to exceed his performance in this sequel over the original and he delivers more hilarious dialogue and his performance is even funnier in this film. Judge Reinhold though was super funny in this film and his performance is funnier and full of humor than in the original Beverly Hills Cop and the rest of the casts(John Ashton, Ronny Cox)did the same thing as well and the performances are fantastic and superb in this sequel for some reason. Director Tony Scott did an amazing job with his work on this film so far its too bad that he died by committing suicide in the Vincent Thomas Bridge on August 19, 2012 I wish he could have directed more films after creating this until Unstoppable. Overall Beverly Hills Cop II is an entertaining and hilarious sequel from start to finish and it may not be as good as the original but it is a very good sequel in the Beverly Hills Cop series. This movie gets an 8/10
March 20, 2014
"Uh, my name is Johnny Wish-Wishbone. Johnny Wishbone. And I am a psychic from the island of St. Croix. Yes, I am psychic from the island of St. Croix. And I read in the St. Croix Gazette that the Beverly Hills Police Department having some trouble figuring out crimes. So, what I did was come to Beverly Hills to help the police out. They tell me they don't want my help, they don't *need* my help, so I'm gonna go on my merry way. I'm a psychic! I am a psychic phenomenon. Watch this. I don't know who you are, but watch this. Ummm... Your name is, ummmm, Lutz! Right? Chief Lutz. That's your name. See? The name pop inside my head like that. And your name is, ummmmm, ummmmm... "
½ March 5, 2014
Cop II isn't as good as the original, but Eddie Murphy proves that the series still has some juice left in it with his performance that is equally funny as that of the first one.