43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

Beyond Borders Reviews

bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

October 21, 2010
This movie goes where others are afraid to go Show the lives of children in Africa. Clive Owen plays a take no Bull Shi^ from anybody and in the process falls in love with Miss Rich Girl who is married but still Sleeps with the Doctor anyway. Oh thats right its 2010, have so morals. Still all in all a 5 star movie
Carlos M

January 5, 2010
It is so incredibly shameful how the well-intentioned and promising first half about the misery in Africa gives place to a ridiculous and exploitative romance in the final act.
aliyanto
aliyanto

April 3, 2007
This will take you beyond your view about poverty and social worker matters but surely don't take you beyond your movie expectation!
Dann M

August 22, 2012
Beyond Borders is an overly political and melodramatic film that doesn't have much of a plot. The film follows a wealth socialite that feels compelled to become involved with a world relief program and starts a torrid affair with an international aid worker. Angelina Jolie and Clive Owen lead the cast, but their performances so overdramatic that everything feels forced. The plot is especially weak and neither the story nor the characters are developed all that well. Unfortunately, Beyond Borders is little more than an exploitative piece of trite that plays on people's sympathies.
Joseph E

April 2, 2009
A great romance, that has a beliveable connection between the leading roles.
iLeo
iLeo

December 10, 2007
I'm not a fan of Jolie's but for some reason, this film was a little okay.
Ina S

July 22, 2006
Too much pressed into one film. Yet I was moved, the actors are pretty good... A reluctant 3 stars, the film is very faulty. But the good moments are good enough to balance the clichéd and over-burdened script.
November 25, 2011
Critics are right when they say this movie pushes an agenda more than anything else. I didn't realize that was a bad thing. I always thought the best movies inform us and make us feel, and this movie offers plenty of that. It's far from the ranks of "Hotel Rwanda" or "The Killing Fields" in terms of sociopolitical issues turned into feature-length films, but it made for one of the more enjoyable movies I watched in an undergraduate global affairs class, and you have to admire Jolie's clear commitment to the material, which helped jumpstart a life since dedicated to activism and charity. There's the real story.
January 27, 2008
Powerful, disturbing....often emotionally painful to watch. It's good, but not something I'll ever want to see again.
baddad11
March 10, 2007
Its a very sad movie. it kind of surprised me a little bit. Also based a bit on a true story. things that UN were going thru at that time. Good couples movie...
die2livelive2die
May 20, 2008
Angelina Jolie palays a verry good role in this movie! i hate that fact she diesin this movie... but i love that this movie is based on helping starvation acroos the glob! this is probaly how she got ispired 2 do so herself!!!!
starlimitz2
January 15, 2008
Not really one of those ground-breaking cinemas that keeps and holds your interest, it wanes your interest, in fact. I love Clive's performance, but they seriously could have replaced Angelina. The story was questionable, and I was wondering when they were going to get to the point of all of this background and character development. When it finally turned out that there was no point, I basically left the movie feeling somewhat uncomfortable with sitting through the entire thing. This movie had no meat to it, just a bunch of moral values.
hornsorhalo
August 19, 2007
If you are like myself and into humanitarian efforts, this movie will touch you. The sentiment of the love story only adds to the eccensiance of the movie.
williamXluver
August 1, 2007
this movie made me cry. i think that it is a movie that everyone should check out. it's really good.
June 8, 2007
This movie didn't especially impress, because so much of it felt forced, that the supposed greater social message was lost.
valeriedrake21387
June 8, 2007
I reallly liked the story. Clive Owen especially does a good job in this film. It made me feel every emotion they felt and they did a wonderful job conveying those emotions on screen to an audience.
May 27, 2007
This was the most disturbing movie I've ever seen. My sister and I were changed by it. We sobbed during and after. The stories and images brought to life in this film are haunting - more so because they are real, even. Angelina's acting is epic in this film, but Clive Owen is mediocre at best, as usual, and the film lost half a star with me because him.
prserina
May 23, 2007
This is what happens when one wants to do social services in real life, this is a movie but quiet close to all this I've seen as i do voluntery work too:)ummm very good movie close to reality
babybluebeez
May 4, 2007
well............i luv this movie . it is so nice . not only the actors act well , the story is strong too . i saw it on HBO and after dat i'm totally in luv with it !
shopgrl105
May 2, 2007
Nothing like I imagined it to be. This movie gave real "true" insight to poverty in third world countries.