Beyond Hatred (Au-dela de la haine) Reviews

½ December 1, 2012
Stylish, tragic, and ultimately intimate.
July 7, 2009
In 2002, Francois Chenu, was savagely beaten and drowned by a group of skinheads for being homosexual. Two years later the central three men involved in the crime come up for trial. The filmmakers focus mainly on Chenu's family, trying to give a portrait of their loss and their attempts to comprehend the crime, in the period leading up to, during and after the trial.

This film left me with the feeling of something deeply lacking, I wanted more. We are given very little sense of who Francois was, and of what his life was like. There was an attempt to explore why these three commited the crime but it's not enough. The interview with the father of one of the perpetrators is short and consists mostly of long pauses, we are told via an aunt that the same accused's mother is an alcoholic, that's about as deep as it gets. The filmmakers clearly try to maintain an atmosphere of non-interference and neutrality but all we are left with as viewers is fustration and a feeling of being hardly wiser for the experience.
February 9, 2007
I did not really like this movie.
July 6, 2007
Hope that it is good
June 15, 2007
Really not up for this depressing story
June 13, 2007
AHHH its buggng me like the last one said
June 11, 2007
it would be quiet interesting coz it seems to relate to the world today
June 10, 2007
sounds dangerously cool.
June 7, 2007
I have nothing against the "gay son," the movie just sounds boring.
½ May 24, 2007
umm i wouldnt nessecarily use a gay son in this case
May 20, 2007
wow i didnt noe people amde movies about loathing other people.